[Q&A] Xolo Play 8x-1100 Development

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for Xolo Play 8x-1100 Development

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for Xolo Play 8x-1100 Development. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :)

rajaryan88

Sep 24, 2014
Mumbai
xolo play 8x 1100 downgrade.

Sir any idea how to downgrade xolo play 8x 1100 kitkat to jelly bean ..

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Sir please help. .
I have tried star z2 firmware look like every thing is ok but touch screen not working. .
Please help me. .
sorry for my bad English. ..

riyaz7861

Jan 31, 2015
Bangalore
Music playback is not there in headphones but system sound play

I rooted my xolo play 1100 and then flashed with stock ROM now no music playback and no back camera clarity ,no focus but camera was good before. Can any one provide the solution??? And latest twrp link not 29-7-14 released ROM very recent I.e in 2015?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Can anyone provide the link for cyanogen mode os for xolo play 8x 1100 fast!!!!

koli.3.hitesh

Feb 5, 2015
there is no cyanogen mod for xolo 8x 1100

till now there is no cyanogen mod for xolo play 8x 1100 :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Reactions: riyaz7861

koli.3.hitesh

Feb 5, 2015
stock recovery .img

guyz please send me image file of stock recovery as i am having some issues in phone and i have to take it to service centre
so guyz please send me the sotck recovery image file
thank you in advance

ThatTechie

Feb 25, 2015
Custom Kernels

Can you please post custom kernels or atleast give me a link to custom kernels so that I can overclock my play 8x-1100.

CrisyChris

Feb 6, 2015
Query

Guys, whenever I talk on the phone, the reciever is not able to hear me as it is really soft. I have to talk really loudly. So I'm thinking it's a problem with the mic. But when I use the speakerphone or even record my voice, It can be heard properly. Even third party apps like Skype are affected. Are there two mics in our phone?

sagar.singh

Sep 25, 2013
Guys, whenever I talk on the phone, the reciever is not able to hear me as it is really soft. I have to talk really loudly. So I'm thinking it's a problem with the mic. But when I use the speakerphone or even record my voice, It can be heard properly. Even third party apps like Skype are affected. Are there two mics in our phone?

Bro I'm also facing the same problem and itz becauz of microphone we have 2 microphones on our device one at the bottom and one below the camera the bottom on is used for in calls and when the phone goes on speaker the phone uses camera one microphone and all other apps like camera and sound recorder uses that microphone only and calls use bottom microphone and in one sentence i would say both of our device bottom micrphone is defected xolo proved their low device costing ****

CrisyChris

Feb 6, 2015
This is my second xolo phone and this is the first time I've had any issue in hardware, so no, I don't think I can blame them for my first ever defect. But I've never gone to the SC so far, so let's see how that works out.

smitkesaria

Nov 7, 2014
Good job @pratikmore.. You have ported so many roms for xolo 8x 1100 which is mt6592.. I wanted to ask that can we port only custom roms or can we also port some other phone's stock roms?? Because the xolo phones xolo q610s and xolo one both running on mt6582 have recieved their official lollipop updates.. Can we not port that stock roms to our device..?
As i know its possible to port from 6582 to 6592

kelvnb

May 28, 2014
miui v6 bugs no infinix zero

i ported miui v6 to infinix zero but it has sum few bugz.
camera not working, mobile data not turning, internal
memory/sdcard not mounting. need u guyz help fixing it

jeslardcosta2109

Mar 8, 2015
I rooted my xolo play 1100 and then flashed with stock ROM now no music playback and no back camera clarity ,no focus but camera was good before. Can any one provide the solution??? And latest twrp link not 29-7-14 released ROM very recent I.e in 2015?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Can anyone provide the link for cyanogen mode os for xolo play 8x 1100 fast!!!!
Hey bro, have you been able to fix the issue. I am having the same issue too..

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

Last edited:

pratikmore

Jun 12, 2011
Mumbai
www.junk-m.com
Redmi K20 Pro
Good job @pratikmore.. You have ported so many roms for xolo 8x 1100 which is mt6592.. I wanted to ask that can we port only custom roms or can we also port some other phone's stock roms?? Because the xolo phones xolo q610s and xolo one both running on mt6582 have recieved their official lollipop updates.. Can we not port that stock roms to our device..?
As i know its possible to port from 6582 to 6592
i have already ported stock roms like infocus ui,cool life ui,jiayu g4s, roms. i can port roms from mt6582 like, note4 single sim, LG G3, Xtreme os... but lollipop needs kernel 3.4.10....so its not possible to boot lollipop on stock kernel.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

i ported miui v6 to infinix zero but it has sum few bugz.
camera not working, mobile data not turning, internal
memory/sdcard not mounting. need u guyz help fixing it
you have to replace camera libs from stock rom,replace sdcard,vold file from stock rom.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Any budy know how to downgrade xolo play 8x 1100..
our phone come with stock kitkat so we cant downgrade i think...

Reactions: rajaryan88

jeslardcosta2109

Mar 8, 2015
No music and camera after custom rom installation

I rooted my xolo play 1100 and then flashed with aal the Roms uploaded.....However after installing the roms, now no music playback through the headphones and no back camera clarity ,no focus but camera was good before. Can any one provide the solution??? I have tried installing the hive ui rom too but its not fixed the issue. Can you please help me chief..:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

pratikmore

Jun 12, 2011
Mumbai
www.junk-m.com
Redmi K20 Pro
I rooted my xolo play 1100 and then flashed with aal the Roms uploaded.....However after installing the roms, now no music playback through the headphones and no back camera clarity ,no focus but camera was good before. Can any one provide the solution??? I have tried installing the hive ui rom too but its not fixed the issue. Can you please help me chief..:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
which custom rom friend? provide me information of rom then i will try to provide you solution...

jeslardcosta2109

Mar 8, 2015
ive pretty muchtried every rom for the xolo play 8x ...all the roms available in your thread and also the hivebeta....the worst part is i tried flashing the stock rom available in google, through sp flash and the problem still wont go away... im currently using cool ui rom..any ideas?

jeslardcosta2109

Mar 8, 2015
which custom rom friend? provide me information of rom then i will try to provide you solution...

ive pretty muchtried every rom for the xolo play 8x ...all the roms available in your thread and also the hivebeta....the worst part is i tried flashing the stock rom available in google, through sp flash and the problem still wont go away... im currently using cool ui rom..any ideas?

Reactions: shadab02

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xolo play 8x 1100 downgrade.

Sir any idea how to downgrade xolo play 8x 1100 kitkat to jelly bean ..

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

Sir please help. .
    I have tried star z2 firmware look like every thing is ok but touch screen not working. .
    Please help me. .
    sorry for my bad English. ..
    Hi, and thank you @pratikmore for development of xolo phone, i too have the same phone but i'm not a hard core developer like you. I know only basics of flashing romsand a bit more. So can you plz suggest me some custom roms that actually works 100% correctly on our phone. I see a lot of roms here but all with some major bugs. Its my humble request to suggest some roms that won't give me much trouble and could be used on every day bases. Thanking you

Miui by rajaryan or touch os are nice and best roms.

Sent from my lenovo s898t+ using XDA Free mobile app
    Pls tell me which is the best rom for our mobile.... I m using MIUI5 right now..
    Pls reply
    try yourself different roms...then see which is best suitable rom for you

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

CM 11 For xolo play 8x 1100 has few bugs,

the recorder dose not work,
    screen cast video cant be played
    while calling the person on other side of line cant hear your voice properly
    that calling bug issue is solved already in cm11 beta2

I don't have any issue with music playback through headphones on any ROM. Any other person facing this issue?

Sent from my Play8X-1100 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

I'm facing hitting problem after on 3G. .
    Any budy know solve this issue..

Try to use mtk tweak, it has lots of features like different CPU mode with tweaks

Sent from my Play8X-1100 using XDA Free mobile app