• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] About Audio Decoder

Search This thread

smallerthan3

Oct 5, 2012
Hello! This is my first time for posting here.
First, thank you for developing such a good video player apps! I am using MX player Pro in my Tablet. I am enjoying with it!
Recently, when I play some videos in MX player, I hear both Cantonese and Korean at the same time. Only one sound track I can choose.
When I play these videos in my computer, I use the "mixer" in ffdshow audio decoder for playing only Cantonese.
I wonder that if I could do the same thing in MX player? If yes, could you please teach me or refer some post about it for me?
Thank you very much!

Information:
Devices : Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
Video info: See attachment please.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 16

Thirumalai.K

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
First, thank you for developing such a good video player apps! I am using MX player Pro in my Tablet. I am enjoying with it!
Recently, when I play some videos in MX player, I hear both Cantonese and Korean at the same time. Only one sound track I can choose.
When I play these videos in my computer, I use the "mixer" in ffdshow audio decoder for playing only Cantonese.
I wonder that if I could do the same thing in MX player? If yes, could you please teach me or refer some post about it for me?
Thank you very much!

Information:

It looks like each language is mixed in different chennels of a single track instead of seperate track per language. Right now multiple chennels are downsampled to stereo in order to play properly in Android devices.
That's why you are hearing both audio.

So, I think it's not possible to play only 2 out of 4 channels of a single track. In PC it's possible through channel configuration. It's android limitation.
@bleu8888
What do you think?

Reactions: smallerthan3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thank you very much!

Information:

It looks like each language is mixed in different chennels of a single track instead of seperate track per language. Right now multiple chennels are downsampled to stereo in order to play properly in Android devices.
    That's why you are hearing both audio.

So, I think it's not possible to play only 2 out of 4 channels of a single track. In PC it's possible through channel configuration. It's android limitation.
    @bleu8888
    What do you think?