[Q] About Huawei P7-L11

Search This thread

omjo

Jul 7, 2015

Thanks , but i remeber something - i think i will never upgrade :eek: -
the first guy say that i want to unlock the bootloader so i'm afraid that will be a problem if mine was locked ?
also if i change the CUST and then something wrong happened how can i return to my original ROM with another CUST ?

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
Thanks , but i remeber something - i think i will never upgrade :eek: -
the first guy say that i want to unlock the bootloader so i'm afraid that will be a problem if mine was locked ?
also if i change the CUST and then something wrong happened how can i return to my original ROM with another CUST ?

This thread explains how CUST works and how you can save it. It seems that the recovery can save it, but to be sure you should ask the OP of the thread.
As for bootloader unlocking, I found this. It is a simple update.app that unlock your bootloader, then you are good to go I think.

The steps for you would probably be:
  1. unlock bootloader
  2. flash TWRP
  3. make a backup
  4. flash original recovery
  5. update to B133
  6. update to B609

If it goes wrong you can flash TWRP in fastboot mode and then use the backup you did. Also the all cust partition might handle the differences between your current and the international cust, but then again, you should ask the OP of the cust thread.

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
This thread explains how CUST works and how you can save it. It seems that the recovery can save it, but to be sure you should ask the OP of the thread.
As for bootloader unlocking, I found this. It is a simple update.app that unlock your bootloader, then you are good to go I think.

The steps for you would probably be:
  1. unlock bootloader
  2. flash TWRP
  3. make a backup
  4. flash original recovery
  5. update to B133
  6. update to B609

If it goes wrong you can flash TWRP in fastboot mode and then use the backup you did. Also the all cust partition might handle the differences between your current and the international cust, but then again, you should ask the OP of the cust thread.

but this thread about bootloader is for p7-l10 and it's need to flash a ROM to unlock so if there is a problem with flash B609 it will be the same here !!
do you have a link for thread that explain how to flash p7-l10 for example on chinese version or something ? i think it will help more because it's mostly the same
if you have put it please :)

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
The thread below explains that the only change from L10 to L10 is the CUST partition. You can probably use the update.app to unlock on L11 - if not, it will simply not work. If it works then you can use fastboot to flash the recovery - it's the same on the chinese version, so it should be the same here. Though the chinese version may have dual sim, so yours should be phisically identical to the L10.

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
The thread below explains that the only change from L10 to L10 is the CUST partition. You can probably use the update.app to unlock on L11 - if not, it will simply not work. If it works then you can use fastboot to flash the recovery - it's the same on the chinese version, so it should be the same here. Though the chinese version may have dual sim, so yours should be phisically identical to the L10.

so if i must unlock the bootloader what do you think if i follow the thread of the first guy ? : http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/cwm-flashable-b609-p7-l10-complete-t3004343
it seems easier than this
but what do you think is better if i flash B133 first or dirctly upgrade to B609 ?
also i found this thread about P7-L12 change to P7-L10 : http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/p7-l12-emui-3-0-t2999605
what do you think ?

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
The bootloader unlock is specific to version - you have to use the one for your device. You cannot unlock the same way as you could unlock B609 or even B133.
As for flashing B133 inbetween - I had gradually upgraded, and that works. If you have the full package for B609, you might be able ro upgrade directly. The CWM flashable B609 might do the trick.

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
The bootloader unlock is specific to version - you have to use the one for your device. You cannot unlock the same way as you could unlock B609 or even B133.
As for flashing B133 inbetween - I had gradually upgraded, and that works. If you have the full package for B609, you might be able ro upgrade directly. The CWM flashable B609 might do the trick.

aha ok
but as you see people change to p7-l10 is it necessrey to unlock bootloader ?
i wish if i can do it without unlock or root just change the ROM and get the official updates

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
aha ok
but as you see people change to p7-l10 is it necessrey to unlock bootloader ?
i wish if i can do it without unlock or root just change the ROM and get the official updates

Well, you can try. It will just fail updating if you cannot update with the update.app. What might be a problem here is that the cust partition is different. If you can somehow flash the cust partition without bootloader unlock (or root), but I doubt it.

Reactions: omjo

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
Well, you can try. It will just fail updating if you cannot update with the update.app. What might be a problem here is that the cust partition is different. If you can somehow flash the cust partition without bootloader unlock (or root), but I doubt it.

Hi
i almost change to p7-L10 but i'm stuck in test version :(
i talk to the OP of this thread : http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/cwm-flashable-b609-p7-l10-complete-t3004343
in direct messages
he give steps i unlocked bootloader and flash the exracted B136 ROM by fastboot method
after that he said put the update.app into SD card and use local update
but now every time i try to install it say : update_post_proccess FAIL , i use local update and also three button method and both FAIL :(
do you have any ideas to solve this problem now evertime i start the phone it says it is : internal test version ??

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
Hi
i almost change to p7-L10 but i'm stuck in test version :(
i talk to the OP of this thread : http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/cwm-flashable-b609-p7-l10-complete-t3004343
in direct messages
he give steps i unlocked bootloader and flash the exracted B136 ROM by fastboot method
after that he said put the update.app into SD card and use local update
but now every time i try to install it say : update_post_proccess FAIL , i use local update and also three button method and both FAIL :(
do you have any ideas to solve this problem now evertime i start the phone it says it is : internal test version ??

Probably it is really an internal test version... What version are you on now? I thing B133 is what you need before B609.

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
Probably it is really an internal test version... What version are you on now? I thing B133 is what you need before B609.

it's strange !!
the phone upgrade to B609 but it's still test version ! also it shows FAIL but i don't know how it updated ??!
what do you think about that ? maybe the problem is the CUST because when i go to the about phone there is no custom version appear
if i flash CUST for B609 will work ?

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
it's strange !!
the phone upgrade to B609 but it's still test version ! also it shows FAIL but i don't know how it updated ??!
what do you think about that ? maybe the problem is the CUST because when i go to the about phone there is no custom version appear
if i flash CUST for B609 will work ?

If you updated to B609 but the CUST is different then yes, it is most likely the cause of problems. Flash the CUST for B609 international and see if it helps.
If you are still on B136 then I guess you could flash to B133 with the international ROM and its CUST, and then update from there.

omjo

Jul 7, 2015
If you updated to B609 but the CUST is different then yes, it is most likely the cause of problems. Flash the CUST for B609 international and see if it helps.
If you are still on B136 then I guess you could flash to B133 with the international ROM and its CUST, and then update from there.

well i'm now on B609 but i couldn't find the CUST for that if you have link to it put please
the guy who give me method said that i have to go to system folder and make change on build.prop file i cannot find it i think i have to root my device and it doesn't work with iRoot now

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
well i'm now on B609 but i couldn't find the CUST for that if you have link to it put please
the guy who give me method said that i have to go to system folder and make change on build.prop file i cannot find it i think i have to root my device and it doesn't work with iRoot now

Root on B609 is very easy - boot into fastboot and flash a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM, but check if it's OK for EMUI 3.0 first!). When you have that, download the latest SuperSU, and flash it in recovery. Done :)

g4b3rm4n

Nov 25, 2013
Budapest
but flash a custom recovery will make problem if i want to update later and i have to be on stock recovery or what do you think ?

You can always flash the stock recovery back anytime you want. It will not affect root - if you root now with TWRP or CWM and flash the stock one back, you'll still be rooted.

Reactions: omjo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for reply
    is that easy ? so i don't have to change anything like in the link ?
    also i don't have L11's ROM and i didn't find it so is the backup will be enough if something wrong happen ?

Updating to the official ROMs is easy since there is a force update option. In your case it will still work and most likely will not cause any harm.
    But now that I think of it, if you want to make a backup, you're out of luck. Well, mostly.
    If you'd like to create a backup, you'd have to
    1. unlock bootloader / flash an unlocked bootloader
    2. flash recovery
    3. backup your current ROM
    All of the above can be done but you cannot flash a B609 ROM on top of a B133 base - you'd have to update with the recovery and bootloader you just lost to make a backup. If you don't have the original ROM's files, you cannot go back if anything goes wrong.

To sum it up:
    • you can easily update
    • you (probably) cannot make a backup

Decide for yourself it it's worth the minimal risk.
    Hi
    i purchased p7 while ago and then while i search in the internet i find that there is many models of p7 and mine was p7-l11 and it's australian model but i'm not from australia
    so this model seems that it doesn't receive any updates and it's still on EMUI 2.3 and probably will not get lolipop update also
    is there a way to make it like global model (p7-l10 ) by install another ROM or something ? so it can receive the updates normally
    thanks and sorry for my english.
    You can flash the latest version manually, but I can't guarantee that you won't damage your device.

I think not much can go wrong as long as you don't change the kernel and have a backup of your current build (use CWM recovery > backup).

http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/cwm-flashable-b609-p7-l10-complete-t3004343
    thanks for replay
    but are you sure if i follow the steps correct it will work without any damage ?
    because the phone is new and i dont' want lose it very fast

Probably only the CUST partition is different, but alas, there is no information whatsoever. If I'm not mistaken the Asian versions have the same hardware, so the number after the L should only mean that it's for another region, and that's all. There are a few ROMs made for the L01 here on the forum, and they are working on the L10, and vica versa. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't create hardware malfunction, so even if the software is buggy on the other variant if you have a backup, you can always flash the original.
    First i would check if you have an unlocked bootloader .

When not unlock it by rooting with root genius.

The Kernel is for all models the same .

The different is the system , modem and cust partition.

So when you have one sim slot and one micro SD slot you can try it with the L-10 Software when you have dual-sim you have to try the China devices Software (L-5/7/9/0)

But i would recommend to flash a full update and not only the system partition

But flashing these Software from one on the other should not damege the device ..

But when you do this this youre deal, so don't blame me if something goes wrong...
    i don't know if the bootloader unlocked or not , How could i know ?
    i have one sim slot and one micro SD slot so it will be same as L-10 , so do i just follow the steps like in this link : http://xdaforums.com/ascend-p7/general/cwm-flashable-b609-p7-l10-complete-t3004343 ?
    or should i do something before it ?

If think your best bet is to ipdate with the three button method with the original bootloader and recovery. Download the full B609 ROM from here (click on Letöltés), put it in /sdcard0/dload (or on the SD card, doesn't matter), and update either through the system menu or by holding down all three buttons when booting. In case anything goes wrong (which it shouldn't), you can use the same method with the L11's ROM to downgrade.