[Q] about unlock htc m9 t-mobile

Search This thread

haido1191

Sep 20, 2011
I alreaydy by an unlock code via internet and tried to unlock my m9. But i had one problem. When i put a blocked simcard in. It doesnt show the unlock pin pad. One message was showed off nad said i had to use the Device Unlock app to unlock my phone via system. Did anyone try to unlock your phone? Only one thing i saw was a blocked-key on signal bar.Please help me.thanks

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
I alreaydy by an unlock code via internet and tried to unlock my m9. But i had one problem. When i put a blocked simcard in. It doesnt show the unlock pin pad. One message was showed off nad said i had to use the Device Unlock app to unlock my phone via system. Did anyone try to unlock your phone? Only one thing i saw was a blocked-key on signal bar.Please help me.thanks
Hmm, maybe we have to disable the T-Mobile Sim unlocker then it'll prompt on other Sims? Disable this app, reboot and try again.
8168e20abd8b7650a8cd3fb275de1660.jpg

Please provide screen shots, your dialogue is a bit confusing.

Sent From My HTC One (M9)

Last edited:

haido1191

Sep 20, 2011
i already did what you said before post this question. i'll upload some pictures to let you see

haido1191

Sep 20, 2011

This is some picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-01-10-36.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-01-10-36.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,904
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-01-10-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-01-10-12.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 2,910

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
This is some picture

You disabled the very application you need to use to unlock your device. How do you expect to ever do this when you have the application disabled. Re-enable the application access it from your app drawer and follow the on-screen instructions!

Since this is a tmobile device, its setup to be unblocked through T Mobile's method. You could try pushing a new default XML with a generic SKU instead of T Mobile's and perhaps you would get a traditional unlocked menu but as long as you have a tmobile SKU, you won't.

See here for more information:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14011

Last edited:
Reactions: rtoledo2002

haido1191

Sep 20, 2011
The point is i want to unlock the m9 with out the apps. I already did what you said. Enabled the apps and unlock via the app but it was failed because its a new device and im not eligable to unlock the phone.

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
The point is i want to unlock the m9 with out the apps. I already did what you said. Enabled the apps and unlock via the app but it was failed because its a new device and im not eligable to unlock the phone.
Friend, I explained it quite clearly in my post above. Your default XML has set your device with the tmobile SKU. there is no way to unlock the device outside of T Mobile app with that sku. it is designed this way on purpose! You must modify your sku and I'm not going to walk you through that process. just as you said you are INELIGIBLE to unlock and that is why it won't work for you. You're trying to trick your way around and frankly well you're going to need a hack for that. Sunshine version 3.1 will support s-off as well as GSM network unlock. maybe look into that but as long as you don't modify your sku you can't unlock the old way you want.

haido1191

Sep 20, 2011
I already contact the customer service and got an email that said i can unlock my phone but when i tried using the app,it was fail. Anyone get other methods????

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009
unlocked HTC One M9 Tmobile

I was able to get my Tmobile HTC One M9 S-OFF, and change SuperCID it (11111111), but haven't been able to figure out how to unlock it via fastboot command. I might try to load the HTC AT&T RUU to see if that works. Will keep you posted

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

I already contact the customer service and got an email that said i can unlock my phone but when i tried using the app,it was fail. Anyone get other methods????

I'm afraid that this is the direction Tmobile is going. The HTC One M9 is the second device they use the unlock app, instead of the unlock pin code like before. First it was the Samsung Avant, and now this phone. Have any one tried to see if the Tmobile Galaxy S6 is the same?
Thanks

Nilsonf

Nov 16, 2011
I was able to get my Tmobile HTC One M9 S-OFF, and change SuperCID it (11111111), but haven't been able to figure out how to unlock it via fastboot command. I might try to load the HTC AT&T RUU to see if that works. Will keep you posted

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

I'm afraid that this is the direction Tmobile is going. The HTC One M9 is the second device they use the unlock app, instead of the unlock pin code like before. First it was the Samsung Avant, and now this phone. Have any one tried to see if the Tmobile Galaxy S6 is the same?
Thanks

How did you soff the M9? I want to get mine soff but don't know how

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009

with a java card

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Okay guys. I was able to unlock the phone with the unlock code (which purchased online). You don't need the phone to be S-OFF, but need to unlock bootloader (at htcdev.com), and flash the TWRP recovery, make sure you download and flash the latest beta TWRP 2.8.6.4 from Captain_Throwback.

Once that's done, need to download the Android Evolution HD 4.1 from HTC One M9 development forum, and flash it. It will ask for the unlock code with SIM card that is not Tmobile

I will try to flash back the original stock ROM to see if it still asks to unlock the phone with the unlock app, but so far it works great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad Polo

Behold_this

Jul 15, 2011
Las Vegas
with a java card

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

Okay guys. I was able to unlock the phone with the unlock code (which purchased online). You don't need the phone to be S-OFF, but need to unlock bootloader (at htcdev.com), and flash the TWRP recovery, make sure you download and flash the latest beta TWRP 2.8.6.4 from Captain_Throwback.

Once that's done, need to download the Android Evolution HD 4.1 from HTC One M9 development forum, and flash it. It will ask for the unlock code with SIM card that is not Tmobile

I will try to flash back the original stock ROM to see if it still asks to unlock the phone with the unlock app, but so far it works great.
Like I said in my first post you don't need to do any of that. You need to unlock your device root your phone and change your SKU in default.xml from tmobile (11) to any other

You flashed an international based ROM so your sku is likely set to 6

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009
It didn't work. I also tried to remove freeze the Tmobile unlock app, but the phone would not ask for unlock code. Have not tried other rom, but Android Evolution rom did ask for the unlock code.

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009
I didn't say you did. I said i tried your method which did not work, and I ALSO tried to freeze the unlock app. Anyway, i don't care at this point because I have found a way that works for me.
Thanks

h4ng0ver

Jan 6, 2009
I flashed the phone back with original Tmo RUU, and unlock appears to stick. It works with AT&T 4G LTE, and no snag screen from the annoying unlock app.
Hope that helps, good luck

Reactions: Rydah

dariush21

May 7, 2015
Question

with a java card

Dear sir, would you please tell us with more detail the process that you used to unlock your m9? I've been trying to unlock my 4 M9s for a month now, and I would truly appreciate a detailed walk through.
Thank you so much, and god bless you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is some picture

You disabled the very application you need to use to unlock your device. How do you expect to ever do this when you have the application disabled. Re-enable the application access it from your app drawer and follow the on-screen instructions!

Since this is a tmobile device, its setup to be unblocked through T Mobile's method. You could try pushing a new default XML with a generic SKU instead of T Mobile's and perhaps you would get a traditional unlocked menu but as long as you have a tmobile SKU, you won't.

See here for more information:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14011

with a java card

I flashed the phone back with original Tmo RUU, and unlock appears to stick. It works with AT&T 4G LTE, and no snag screen from the annoying unlock app.
    Oh nice. Good to know. Hopefully you hit the thanks button on that RUU thread. ?

Sent From My HTC One (M8)
    You should still be able to use the Seempi sim unlock method if you are S-OFF. Get the config.dat file from Seempi. Then put it on your external sd card. Navigate to the htc FTM mode screen. Select the Simlock tool. It should work as it did on the M8. Mine is already unlocked, so I can't try it, but it should work. You could also try putting it on the internal sd card if it doesn't work by putting it on the external.