• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Accelerometer issue on ancient phone

Search This thread

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Hi. I'm new to XDA. I have a HTC Hero. I know it's really old. That's why i'm posting a thread because i know the phone is so old i can't get support anywhere else. Obviously, the phone is no longer under warranty.

So here's the problem.
Im using the Floyo 1.3 rom(A aosp froyo rom). My accelerometer keeps pushing right. I tried several accelerometer related games. Doodle Jump, Froggy Jump, etc... It keeps pushing right. So i have to tilt left for the doodle thingy,frog,box,etc... to go straight. It's really anoying.

I tried searching xda, and had no luck. All the threads either said to install some calibrating apps or to bring it to some center.
I also tried googling. Again, no luck. Similarly, they all seem to say "bring it to a {...} center to repair", "download calibrating apps".

I downloaded Sensor Tester in the Play Store. It has a calibrating tool. I tried it. It said "Calibration sucessful". I opened doodle jump, still same result... I still have to tilt left for it to jump straight. So that didn't work.

Downloaded Bubble level. It doesn't work.

I even tried flashing stock HTC Sense rom. I tried the G-Sensor calibration option. The problem doesn't occur in stock rom.
Somebody please help me. Any help is appreciated. I don't want to go back to stock 2.1 rom because it doesn't support a lot of apps nowadays which requires android 2.2.

Again, from the bottom of my heart, please help me.

EDIT: I tried flashing Vanilla Eclair. Same problem. Anything not HTC Sense Eclair and the problem occur. Doesn't matter if it's VE, cm7, cm6, aosp, sense gb (salsa sense, r0s3) the problem just stays there.
Comeback to stock sense 2.1 and the problem is solved. But i don't want to do that.

Last edited:

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
:crying::crying::crying::crying:Somebody please help me. PLEAAASEEEEE!!!!!!!! I'm begging you guys. Anybody out there? Hello? Somebody? HELLP?
:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Last edited:

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
Just re-flashed the stock sense eclair today. Weirdly enough, it doesn't even occur on stock. I didn't even need to calibrate.
Flashed aosp Froyo again. Poof! The problem comes back.
The problem also occurs on cm7, cm7.2, sense gb, elelinux gb.:confused::confused::confused::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:crying::crying::crying: