[Q] acer a100 update failed?

Search This thread

reddwarf1387

Oct 19, 2012
A friend brought me a tablet at work today and told me that after he received an update the tablet's screen wouldn't unlock and the battery wouldn't charge past 12%. I got the tablet home and turned it on. it let me unlock the screen but kept going to a blank screen with "android system" in the top left corner. I press the home button and it goes to the home screen but all the icons flash on and off the screen. I tired using the hardware reset switch this did nothing. I tried a factory reset by using the volume+, power and screen lock switch. Factory reset went through okay but now when it boots up (after acer and android logos) it immediately attempts to shut down. it will stay on the shutting down screen indefinitely. to my knowledge this tablet has never been rooted.

I searched the forums but couldn't find any info, everyone had rooted then downgraded to get the updates. I do know that the tablet is under warranty still and that it could be sent in for service.

I would also like to note that before the factory reset the tablet would only let me unlock it once, then after i would reboot I was unable to unlock it again until it had set for some time. After the factory reset the tablet come to the blank screen with android system in the top left. the only function that would work was the screen rotation lock switch. after a reboot it would immediately attempt to shut down.

I would like to know if there is anything I can do so that we don't have to send the tablet off for service. I'm sure that I am overlooking something here. thanks.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
It sounds pretty screwed. It seems like a bad flash, try running the ICS "leak" available in the dev section, name it update.zip then place it on your external SD card. Power on holding the volume key closest to the lock switch and report what it does next.

Tapatalked from my Thrive - Kuroikaze B13x

Reactions: dionysius65

reddwarf1387

Oct 19, 2012
It sounds pretty screwed. It seems like a bad flash, try running the ICS "leak" available in the dev section, name it update.zip then place it on your external SD card. Power on holding the volume key closest to the lock switch and report what it does next.

Thanks!

touch-aaron

Nov 16, 2007
Any update on this? I know it's been forever, but I was just recently given an A100 that's doing the exact same thing (sitting at "Shutting Down).

I've been able to reflash via the update.zip, but with no luck.

touch-aaron

Nov 16, 2007
Nevermind. I was able to fix mine with "SD_Acer_A100_1.014.08_COM_GEN1_full_user.zip" from this link:
http://www.imeiserver.org/download/index.php?dir=Flash Files /ACER/A100/

I renamned it "update.zip", held the left volume button (in landscape mode) while powering it on. The update ran, then it was stuck on the "Android" screen. I powered it off, then held the right volume button while powering it on and moving the screen lock button. After reboot, it was as if it just came out of the box.

I hope this helps someone else.

Gabriel51

May 10, 2008
xda Texas
Nevermind. I was able to fix mine with "SD_Acer_A100_1.014.08_COM_GEN1_full_user.zip" from this link:
http://www.imeiserver.org/download/index.php?dir=Flash Files /ACER/A100/

I renamned it "update.zip", held the left volume button (in landscape mode) while powering it on. The update ran, then it was stuck on the "Android" screen. I powered it off, then held the right volume button while powering it on and moving the screen lock button. After reboot, it was as if it just came out of the box.

I hope this helps someone else.

Actual it should be renamed to just "update" because the system adds the .ZIP so if you rename it update.zip it shows up as "update.zip.zip" and that won't work...:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone