[Q] Acer Iconia A1 810 Scatter File Needed

Search This thread

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
As The Title Says I Am In Need Of Acer Iconia A1 810 Scatter File As My Device Is Bricked And The Micro SD Port is Not Working I Dont Have Any Other Choice Rather Than Flashing It With SP Tool But Unfortunately I Dont Have The Scatter File :eek:

So If Anyone Out There Has The Same Device And Is Ready To Help :laugh:
You Are Most Welcome :highfive:

Thanks In Advance:rolleyes:

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
Thats too bad, was hoping that was going to work, something I have noticed though, Mt8389 was given support since version 2.4.6 details here and yet it does'nt appear in the ini file for 2.5.3 I guess you could try the earlier version beyond that I'm stumped :eek:

You are the man!!!
Just tried with version 2.4.6 and the button is "magically" working, that version comes with no MTKdroidTools.ini file, I think the problem is related.

So, here is the scatter file for iconia, (the real thing):D:D

Attachments

• MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt
    480 bytes · Views: 1,262
Reactions: endking

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
Now, let's try to flash...
Bum! Error :confused::confused:
It's the same error Calingo got with the "older" scatter

Maybe because the tablet has no-removable battery??

Attachments

• Error1.png
    Error1.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 505

oscarblue48

May 13, 2013
I think if this was my device I'd try first to connect to spflashtool using the readback function, because if it will connect then you can make a backup that you can flash with flashtool if it all goes pear shaped, also there are some devices that refuse to connect if the preloader block address is not included in flashtool, the checkbox should'nt be ticked(very dangerous if you download the wrong preloader)but sometimes the address has to be there. If you want to try using the readback function, there's a tutorial HERE the author is russian so the english is not brilliant, which makes it seem a little more complicated than it actually is.

Also I would try a few different versions of spflashtool, from the outset spflashtool has been pretty buggy and some versions work better with some devices, I have a mt6589t phone and had little success with the version you have been using v5.xx and prefer the older version 3.144 Download Here if you want to try it.
Also some info here about Modes of the usb vcom driver if still not connecting

Reactions: cabalio83

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
SP flash not working

I've tried to have SP flash tools working, trying to make a ROM dump / backup.
Unfortunately I couldn't get the tool to connect to the tablet.

Drivers are installed (on windows x64 you have the additional handicap of unsigned driver... whatever...)
but at the time you press the read button and connect the tablet, it vibrates, goes into charging and the tool fails.

At the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=38369102&postcount=11 provided by @oscarblue48
Modes of the VCOM:

BOOTROM (in device manager show as MTK USB Port with pid=003) . For connection in this mode can it is required :
to use press of some phone buttons (photo, volume up or down ) at the same time with connection of a cable to PC (phone shall be switched off)
or to use OTG adapter
or, if it didn't turn out 1 and 2, use a test point.

I tried some combination but I had no luck, so the test point remains.... what is it? Found:

Here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=458425&st=160#entry32237660 post #178 you find a nice guide about flashing B1-A71, with an image for the use of a testpoint... that means to actually tore apart the device and solder wires in it!!! No way:crying:

Last chance is the OTG adapter, I have one but I need to find the other cable to connect the USB on my PC

renojim

Aug 9, 2014
Here post #178 you find a nice guide about flashing B1-A71, with an image for the use of a testpoint... that means to actually tore apart the device and solder wires in it!!! No way:crying:

Last chance is the OTG adapter, I have one but I need to find the other cable to connect the USB on my PC
I'm not having much luck with that Russian site. I don't have a problem with tearing open my A1-810, but does that test point thing only apply to the B1-A71? I also have an OTG cable somewhere, so I may give that a try as well.

-JT

P.S. - Man the rules here suck! I have to remove a link from a quote. I feel like I could be a lot more helpful if I wasn't thwarted every time I try to post.

renojim

Aug 9, 2014
Yes, the picture is for reference, A1-810 may have something similar, it has non-removable battery and none of the button combos works, so I think it probably has a test point to tinker with... A no go for me right now

Ok, I was able to take a look at the Russian site in a different browser. Like you said, the test point thing may apply to the A1-810. I don't know if I'll give it a try or not. I'm having no luck with loading the drivers to be able to even try SPflashtool. When I plug in my A1-810, it shows up briefly as MT65xx Preloader (or something like that), but then it goes away.

I'd rather try the OTG cable first, but unfortunately mine is miniUSB, not microUSB. :(

-JT

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
Non Removable Battery

Non removable battery is not the issue because I managed to unplug the battery of my acer iconia a1 810 and connect it to the pc but still got the same error more over the mtk preloaded keeps connecting and disconnecting again and again :rolleye: :eek: Frustated

renojim

Aug 9, 2014
Has anyone tried an OTG cable yet? I have one on order, but it's on the slow boat from China. In looking at that "test point" for the B1-A71, I believe all it's doing is the same thing an OTG cable would do. I'd like to try a similar method on the A1-810, but the pin on the USB connector that one needs to short to ground is inaccessible unless the motherboard is removed and it looks pretty difficult to do that.

-JT

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
I have an OTG cable, but you neeed male-to-male USB cable also to connect your PC USB to the USB OTG.
I haven't got any of these (why should I?... It would be completely pointless :D)

Anyway... I tried connecting like this with the stuff I got here ATM
Acer Iconia >> OTG cable >> USB cable male to micro USB male >> ASUS Tranformer (windows 8.1 tablet) in micro USB port.

Result: nothing. No vibration, no driver installation attempt bay windows. Probably micro USB is not meant for this.

Reactions: Calingo

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
No Logic

I have an OTG cable, but you neeed male-to-male USB cable also to connect your PC USB to the USB OTG.
I haven't got any of these (why should I?... It would be completely pointless :D)

Anyway... I tried connecting like this with the stuff I got here ATM
Acer Iconia >> OTG cable >> USB cable male to micro USB male >> ASUS Tranformer (windows 8.1 tablet) in micro USB port.

Result: nothing. No vibration, no driver installation attempt bay windows. Probably micro USB is not meant for this.

Dude I Dont Think It Will Work even If You Find A Male to Male Cable and Connect it to The OTG cable And Then The Tablet
Theres No Point In There But Still :good:

I would Like To Ask Other Iconia Users How Do They Connect Thier Device In Preloader MODE and What Exactly Happens.
:rolleyes:

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
I meant, I tried the micro USB port in the tablet, but I don't know if a full-sized USB port would work instead ;)

Please Quote Everyone Else Who Need Help

Here's How I Managed To Flash My Tablet with SP Flash tool
For raw files see

Tried Flashing ACER ICONIA A1 810 With SP Flash Tool Using The Raw Data Provided
Works Like Charm But You Need Modified Version Of SP Flash Tool Which Is Compactiable With A1 810/811 And Rest Is On the Thread Or Here You Go

Download flashtool here: click, unpack and launch it.
Press "File" → "Open Scatter-loading file..." and choose scatter from firmware folder.
Now press "Window" → "Write Memory". One more tab will appear, open it.
Press "Open Raw data" and choose "secuoff.img" file from firmware folder.
Choose an EMMC Memory setting
Start Address: 0x3D80000
Copy value from "File Size (bytes)" to "Container Length"
Press "Write Memory", connect your turned-off tablet to PC. Progress bar will fill with red, then with gray-green, then you will see a green circle. Disconnect your tablet.
Go to Download tab, press "Download" and connect your turned-off tablet again. Progress bar will fill with red, (probably) then with purple, then with yellow, (probably) then with gray-green. After this you will see a green circle. Disconnect your A1-810 from PC and put it on charging for 10 minutes.

Special And Only Thanks To FireDiamond For the above Guide and link to the special version of flash tool

cabalio83

Jul 19, 2014
Downloading right now... Mega is kinda slooooow so A1-810 Firmware for flashing.zip is going to take a while...
But first I'm going to try a full backup of my current ROM. Let's see if it works on Windows 8 (finger crossed).

Edit: IT WORKS!!!! (reading back ROM_0 to a PC folder)

By the way... what android version is in the zip you get from Mega? Jellybean?

Last edited:

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
Downloading right now... Mega is kinda slooooow so A1-810 Firmware for flashing.zip is going to take a while...
But first I'm going to try a full backup of my current ROM. Let's see if it works on Windows 8 (finger crossed).

Edit: IT WORKS!!!! (reading back ROM_0 to a PC folder)

By the way... what android version is in the zip you get from Mega? Jellybean?

Nope KitKat and yes it works on windows 8 I too was on windows 8:victory:

Calingo

Oct 13, 2013
On The Dark Side
So there is no point for me to flash this since I am already on KK! But it could come handy, I'll keep it on my PC.
Now let's hope FireDiamond can make the real magic and come out with a custom recovery for our tab :)

Obviously he's working on it more over within 2-3 days he will also upload jellybean raw data so this method could come in handy

Reactions: cabalio83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally Got It

What about putting the partition hex from A1 810 inside the MT6572 file?
    I tried to figure out how the whole scatter thing works but I'm kinda lost here:good:

Btw you have 11 posts so try posting in dev threads, you should be OK now

Modified The Scatter File And Works Thanks To
    For Helping :good:
    But I am Still Confused :confused: On how To Flash I can Figure Out Everything But The Problem :mad: Is My MTK Preloader Appears For Just A Couple Of Seconds And Then Disappears Maybe Theres A Method To Put Acer In MTK Preloader Mode Because I Tried To Download In that Couple Of Seconds And This Is What I Get
    I meant, I tried the micro USB port in the tablet, but I don't know if a full-sized USB port would work instead ;)

Please Quote Everyone Else Who Need Help

Here's How I Managed To Flash My Tablet with SP Flash tool
    For raw files see

Tried Flashing ACER ICONIA A1 810 With SP Flash Tool Using The Raw Data Provided
    Works Like Charm But You Need Modified Version Of SP Flash Tool Which Is Compactiable With A1 810/811 And Rest Is On the Thread Or Here You Go

Download flashtool here: click, unpack and launch it.
    Press "File" → "Open Scatter-loading file..." and choose scatter from firmware folder.
    Now press "Window" → "Write Memory". One more tab will appear, open it.
    Press "Open Raw data" and choose "secuoff.img" file from firmware folder.
    Choose an EMMC Memory setting
    Start Address: 0x3D80000
    Copy value from "File Size (bytes)" to "Container Length"
    Press "Write Memory", connect your turned-off tablet to PC. Progress bar will fill with red, then with gray-green, then you will see a green circle. Disconnect your tablet.
    Go to Download tab, press "Download" and connect your turned-off tablet again. Progress bar will fill with red, (probably) then with purple, then with yellow, (probably) then with gray-green. After this you will see a green circle. Disconnect your A1-810 from PC and put it on charging for 10 minutes.

Special And Only Thanks To FireDiamond For the above Guide and link to the special version of flash tool
    Maybe if somebody could post their mtkdroid tools log.txt file it might be possible to figure why you can't make the scatterfile with droid tools. The device doesn't need to be rooted to make the file.
    Also I noticed that in your pic here Spflashtool shows the device as nand and I believe it has emmc type memory, maybe this has something to do with the scatter used as mt6572 are mostly nand devices.
    I think this device has the mt8125 chip which is part of the mt6589 quad core family.
    I don't have this device, just an interested spectator.
    Scatter File

Thanks For Viewing And Replying :good::highfive:
    If You have The Scatter File Please Send It Via Attachments I Cant Figure Out How To Make My own With The Image You Provided
    And The Forum Link You Shared Has A scatter File For A1 811 Not A1 810
    Please Help Me Its Been A Week :rolleyes:
    4.2.2 zip won't install over 4.4.2, I tried already.
    You should aks again on toolkit thread, we need someone with root on 4.2 to grab that friggin scatter file via MTK tool