[Q] ADB "No space left on device"

Search This thread

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
Oh and that brings up another thought.

So if before I flash a new ROM, I do a Titanium Backup and then flash the ROM...
Would I then be able to restore that Titanium Backup made on the previous stock ROM to restore all my apps and user data?

Yes, in theory. Sometimes, mass-restoring a whole bunch of stuff can cause some issues, particularly if you're dealing with restoring apps and data on top of different versions of those same apps. Be particularly careful when restoring any system stuff.

decoyjoe

Dec 30, 2009
So would you say you don't recommend it?

The only thing that has kept me from flashing a custom ROM is that ill lose everything. I really don't want to have to start fresh.

But at this point it looks like there is no other way. Am I right?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
No, I definitely recommend it. I'd back up everything, install a ROM, and then do a batch restore of missing apps with data (I'd be careful of the "and all system data" options).

decoyjoe

Dec 30, 2009
Oh ok I see what you mean. It actually makes sense to not restore system data as most of that should be updated through the cloud.

Anyways, back to the /system partition being full. Is there any way to clear out unwanted data from that?

codesplice

Jun 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL, USA
Oh ok I see what you mean. It actually makes sense to not restore system data as most of that should be updated through the cloud.

Anyways, back to the /system partition being full. Is there any way to clear out unwanted data from that?

You can look in /system/app for unwanted apps that you can remove. Be careful; some apps there are required for proper system operation.