[Q] AirDroid support for linux.

Search This thread

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
Perhaps we can start deconstructing the windows app and then see if we can bring that to wine

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Perhaps we can start deconstructing the windows app and then see if we can bring that to wine. The feature request has been open for a while. I'd be interested to know how the mirroring works. I would imagine alot of root users run linux

demontager

May 26, 2010
Kherson
nixtalk.net
Perhaps we can start deconstructing the windows app and then see if we can bring that to wine

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Perhaps we can start deconstructing the windows app and then see if we can bring that to wine. The feature request has been open for a while. I'd be interested to know how the mirroring works. I would imagine alot of root users run linux

Very useful feature! Native Linux support will be great. Does anyone tried to run it under Wine?
UPD.
Tried to run under Wine 1.7.30 - does not start after installation:
Code:
$ wine AirDroid.exe 
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"configSections" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"sectionGroup" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"section" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"system.net" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"settings" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"httpWebRequest" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"servicePointManager" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"connectionManagement" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"add" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"applicationSettings" in state 2
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"iTong.My.MySettings" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"setting" in state 6
fixme:mscoree:ConfigFileHandler_startElement Unknown element L"value" in state 6
Unknown heap type: #GUlD

Unknown heap type: #Blop

Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in gRpfcjfJ9IflOON1qqa.EVhIvFfNiVUIg77JM3y:gUqkvCGVHdK (): IL_002b: brtrue    IL_3894

at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for <Module> ---> System.InvalidProgramException: Invalid IL code in gRpfcjfJ9IflOON1qqa.EVhIvFfNiVUIg77JM3y:gUqkvCGVHdK (): IL_002b: brtrue    IL_3894

at <Module>..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Last edited:

chico1976

Oct 11, 2015
Airdroid client om wine

It looks like the desktop client is a Mono application.
I will make a 32-bit prefix in wine with dotnet45 and try it out.

Reactions: Walkman100

chico1976

Oct 11, 2015
Run in wine

I have got it to start in wine after installing in a 32-bit prefix with dotnet42.
However it is slow and barly usable.
But it it a step on the way
I'll post my progress here.

Reactions: Walkman100

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When will there be an AirMirror support for Linux?
    Airdroid client om wine

It looks like the desktop client is a Mono application.
    I will make a 32-bit prefix in wine with dotnet45 and try it out.
    Run in wine

I have got it to start in wine after installing in a 32-bit prefix with dotnet42.
    However it is slow and barly usable.
    But it it a step on the way
    I'll post my progress here.