• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q]Airplane mode keeps turning itself on and won't turn off

Search This thread

alanb1976

Feb 20, 2010
When I have this issue, if I go to the menu given when holding the power button, it says that flight mode mode is on, yet there is no icon (as the rest of you are getting). Does yours also say that flight mode is on or is there just no signal?

Dec 22, 2011
I have the same issue

ITL41F.I9259XKK9

I9250XXKK1

stock android (4.0.1)

unfortunetly for me I can't turn airplane off and on to fix the issue, it doesn't fix it, also rebooting the phone doesn't always work, it happens everytime I turn my phone off, it's very annoying

When I bought the phone it was SIM locked to Vodafone, I bought the code to unlock it and now this happens, I never noticed it happening to the other SIM :\

JazzMozz

Dec 21, 2010
I just upgraded to 4.0.2 yesterday, but unfortunately my signal dropped a few minutes ago. Grrrrrr, I had hoped that 4.0.2 would solve the issue, but apparently it doesn't. Maybe 4.0.3 will do the trick, but I don't expect this to be released very soon as they are rolling out 4.0.2 just now.

Android version 4.0.2
Baseband Version: I9250XXKK6
Kernel Version: 3.0.8-gaaa2611
[email protected]#1
Build Number: ICL53F
ICS stock; non-rooted

CaveDK

Jun 29, 2010
I got the same problem. Airplane mode on 'n off all the time and because of that no signal. I have reset the phone, flashed original galaxy nexus images, custom roms, baseband and kernels. Also my SIM card have been replaced with a new one.

Any news about a possible solution?

strongergravity

May 28, 2010
Earth...for now...
I had it on the VZW nexus I got in mid-December (and then returned) and it is happening to the new one I just got yesterday, with the new version 10 hardware. I am in what the Gnex considers a weak signal area. My Thunderbolt got a signal all the time here though...

Raindropboy

Mar 12, 2012
Trivandrum
Hey guyz, I have the exact same problem on my LG P990 running 2.3.7. so, i dont think the problem is with android 4.0.x.

I have no idea why this happens but i usually get my network back without rebooting by connecting my phone to a charger first, then removing the battery (the phone doesnt switch off since the chargerz connected), then i simply remove and reinsert the sim, put back the battery and the network DOES come back. Hopefully this might help.

cheers.

alanb1976

Feb 20, 2010
I only had this problem running Gingerbread (2.3.3 and 2.3.5). When I upgraded to ICS, no problem.
Although I am not using stock ICS ROM or kernel, so that might be the difference. Using Dragon ICS v2.4 ROM and Siyah 3.2.3 Kernel.

pp1111

Jun 13, 2012
I got the same problem, sudden goto airplane mode sometimes, has to reboot the phone.

May I know any update for this problem?
Some poeople said they have to send the phone back to Samsung and replace the motherboard, is it true?

mushy876

Jun 6, 2011
Galaxy Nexus stuck in India with Aeroplane mode and no HELP in sight!

Friends,

Need help from India-Bangalore based members with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The phone suddenly and with no apparent reason keeps toggling between "Aeroplane" mode and refuses to come of it!! The phone has stopped catching any signals (radio issues?). We have tried with different SIMs and networks, nothing works. I believe the complete phone "status" section including IMEI etc is empty!

Samsung service centres locally have refused to do anything about it.

Please HELP!!

LarsF-K_Sweden

Jul 18, 2014
Strange solution

Friends,

Need help from India-Bangalore based members with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

The phone suddenly and with no apparent reason keeps toggling between "Aeroplane" mode and refuses to come of it!! The phone has stopped catching any signals (radio issues?). We have tried with different SIMs and networks, nothing works. I believe the complete phone "status" section including IMEI etc is empty!

Samsung service centres locally have refused to do anything about it.

Please HELP!!

Htc 1 x :This is what I did to fix it, after days with no signal and an Airplane Mode that was on and shutting off at the same time.
1. I got it to off from the phones onbutton, from settings it said "shutting off", made sure that no wifi or mobile data was on
2. I pulled the simcard half way up.
3. Restarted the phone with the simcard that way by pressing the phones onbutton for 10 secs.
4. After rebooting Airplane mode was 100% OFF..yihaaa.Then I pushed the simcard down and put mobile data to "ON".
5. Working!