[Q] Alcatel OT-991 Root how to?

Search This thread

hekinen5830i

Jun 14, 2012
Hi.
I have a alcatel ot 991 and i dont know how to root but i dont know (i search in google and here to but i dont find anything). :(
So thats my question "how to root this device"?
pls anyone help me :) Thankyou

Sorry for my english:\

katergaris

May 2, 2011
I've tryied SuperOneClick and Unlock Root but still nothing? Can anyone help to root it? Thank's.

hekinen5830i

Jun 14, 2012
z4root also not working :\\\
superoneclick not working :\\\
some other idea?
anyone?:crying::crying::crying::crying:damm

NdotGdot

Nov 29, 2010
OT-995 is already rooted here.

You can download and try some other methods here and here and here.

The User Manual says it's a Platform MTK6573 processor.
This site says that is a dualcore from MTK6573 (650MHz) and NXP SGA531 (208 MHz).

This is the beginning of de OT-991 community, good luck everybody!

Are the speed and batterylife OK?

If I buy this phone and we succeed with rooting, I'll try to make a custom ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: papu4ara

katergaris

May 2, 2011
Unfortunately Gingerbreak 1.2 doesn't work on 2.3.3+. SuperOneClick stops in Step 7 and Universal Androot fails (the message is: No ~Fu goo ~ :confused:)

Battery lasts two to three days, depending on the usage. The speed is just fine but since the phone is unrooted I haven't installed too many applications yet.

Reactions: NdotGdot

NdotGdot

Nov 29, 2010
This is the progress so far.

Maybe Googling some errors can help. It could be a problem on your computer or your USB cable, therefore somebody else should try too.

I'm doubting between the Samsung Galaxy Ace and the Alcatel OT-991. If we can root it, I'll buy the 991. If not, I think I'll just pay more and go for the Ace.

dejan13

Feb 28, 2007
Great phone but we need Root the phone because is inpossible to instal more apps.Please someone came with the root for this phone.

NdotGdot

Nov 29, 2010
I think that all those apps don't support this phone yet. There is another way to root, which is already mentioned before:

Maybe the update zip but i dont find the update.zip :\

no no you know this is a zip.copy to sd card the update.zip and you start the phone CWM mode and then apply update from sd card :)but i dont find this zip for alcatel ot 991

Never heard of it. Let's hope someone will help us soon. :)

I don't know much about this but you have to press some buttons to get in a special menu where you can update your phone with a .zip file. That's a way to root and flash a ROM. Since I don't have this phone, I can't try, but I'll try to help you.

You can find more in this thread. Try some key combinations and if you can get into this menu. Good luck! I don't think this .zip file will work, but we can try others and make our own (with Google and a little help).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [HOW TO] Install CWM Recovery

Thank you for the APK :)
    For anyone who want the CWM Recovery please follow my tutorial:

How to install the CWM Recovery Menu

1) Get the Files

- Mobileuncle Tools (attached)
    - recovery.img (attached)

2) Install Mobileuncle Tools

Download the two files and make sure you put them to the root dir of your sd card.
    Install the Mobileuncle Tools (m44tools.apk) and open the App.
    You should now see this:

attachment.php

3) Flash Recovery
    Click 'Get started' and a dialog in chinese appears. I clicked OK and updated, then you should see this screen:

attachment.php

Click 'Flash Recovery from SDCard' and follow the instructions.
    Mobileuncle Tools will automatically reboot your phone into the Recovery Menu.

4) Boot into Recovery Mode
    Press the following buttons while booting:
    Power + Volume Up + Home
    To navigate press the volume up or volume down and press the power button to select.

that's it :D

I spend some time to write the tutorial, please hit the thanks button.
    If you have Questions or Problems i can help :)
    Sry for my bad englisch :)

greetings,
    3m!n
    HOW TO ROOT 991D:

I Made a zip file containing the new-boot.img and scatter file for the SP flash tool:
    http://www.multiupload.nl/7CPS920NK9

To make sure ur using the right scatter file u can use the atached tool to generate one for your phone.

Flash the new-boot.img in the zip as BOOTIMG

Explained here:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.nl/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html

make sure to flash the BOOTIMG NOT recovery as shown.

After u successfully flashed u can boot the phone and run SuperOneClick to root the phone.......
    U can get SOC here: http://shortfuse.org/?page_id=2

device.png
    New rom ... finally...

Link in signature.
    AlcaBean

I recently created a beta, but i have problems with the installer..
    Because i don't want to brick some devices like recent rom :D
    Will create a own thread later :)

Some infos:
    - Trying to include Updating over the air :)
    - Statusbar & notification pulldown is now 99,999999% 4.1 Jelly Bean like, no difference, just no swipe to remove :/
    - OWN Voice Assistant
    - Recreated Android 4.2 Camera 95%
    - Included 4.1 Calculator, Speech Recorder

I'm recreating every app myself, so i don't use Google Code or just Mod the images! They're created with eclipse like other Apps! I don't include apps from other developers like other roms, anything is my own work! Sorry for the long waiting, i'm currently working on a special feature :)

Edit: Ahh by the way:
    - Replaced 2nd Bootlogo (the logo which comes after the android logo and haven't an animation)
    - AlcaBean Wallpapers (designed by me)
    - Jelly Bean Icons
    - Beats audio, Sony xLoad Engine & Sony Bravia Engine
    - DSP Manager

Sorry for bad english.

Greets,
    3m!n
    I GOT A ROOTED 991D!! yeaah i cant believe it myself i got it to work.

i just have to check some stuff of whats needs to be done to root. If i got it figured it out ill upload a small howto here :cool::laugh: