[Q] Alcatel OT-991 Root how to?

Search This thread

mgama

Mar 19, 2013
Jeffta rom´s

Link for Jeffta ROMs v1.1 dual sim, v3.1 and v4 (dual+single sim)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwsKjYxfIRG1cTg2T2poY1pWbkk&usp=sharing

if they are not all available wait a few hours, it´s still uploading files at now.

Of course, thanks to Jeffta for this awesome work, all credits for him, I´m just sharing - if you don´t want that just say it, I´ll remove it right away!! His thread here

Currently using Jeffta v4, keep in mind that this phone have hardware limitations, no miracles on this one, but what a great vitamins punch this ROM is!!!!

Reactions: DJNimrod

DJNimrod

Nov 14, 2007
Link for Jeffta ROMs v1.1 dual sim, v3.1 and v4 (dual+single sim)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwsKjYxfIRG1cTg2T2poY1pWbkk&usp=sharing

if they are not all available wait a few hours, it´s still uploading files at now.

Of course, thanks to Jeffta for this awesome work, all credits for him, I´m just sharing - if you don´t want that just say it, I´ll remove it right away!! His thread here

Currently using Jeffta v4, keep in mind that this phone have hardware limitations, no miracles on this one, but what a great vitamins punch this ROM is!!!!

Thank you for the upload.
Does the Rom V4, have Romanian language pack?

basil buyuka

Sep 4, 2014
Zip file problem

I went to the link for the rooting zip file but the link directs me to a different site. Can you please post a working link. Thanks

Vesavoj

Feb 16, 2013
All my mods/roms were light as much it was possible, so this one wont be exception. Anyway this is my final work for ot991, and I made it only because I love this phone, others have given up a long time ago!

Last edited:
G

gabcs

statusbar

How can i change the statusbar layout? I want make a center clock and left signal, but the layout.xml encoding is different like in other phones :mad: somebody can help me? sry for my bad english

Hawaiihemd

May 27, 2014
Homburg
Hi everyone,

It seems that the Link posted by mrdoubled in this thread in no longer pointing to the BOOTIMG needed for rooting.

Could s.o. please reupload that file? That would be much appreciated.

Hawaiihemd

May 27, 2014
Homburg
Root your device with Kingo Android Root software. Dont need rooted boot.img for this :D
kingoapp.com/android-root.htm

Thanks for that info. Maybe I will test that sometime in the future.
But, actually in the meantime I could convince my relative to ditch this thing and get a used Galaxy S2, which makes things so much easier for me in the long run... So, I'm happy :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [HOW TO] Install CWM Recovery

Thank you for the APK :)
    For anyone who want the CWM Recovery please follow my tutorial:

How to install the CWM Recovery Menu

1) Get the Files

- Mobileuncle Tools (attached)
    - recovery.img (attached)

2) Install Mobileuncle Tools

Download the two files and make sure you put them to the root dir of your sd card.
    Install the Mobileuncle Tools (m44tools.apk) and open the App.
    You should now see this:

attachment.php

3) Flash Recovery
    Click 'Get started' and a dialog in chinese appears. I clicked OK and updated, then you should see this screen:

attachment.php

Click 'Flash Recovery from SDCard' and follow the instructions.
    Mobileuncle Tools will automatically reboot your phone into the Recovery Menu.

4) Boot into Recovery Mode
    Press the following buttons while booting:
    Power + Volume Up + Home
    To navigate press the volume up or volume down and press the power button to select.

that's it :D

I spend some time to write the tutorial, please hit the thanks button.
    If you have Questions or Problems i can help :)
    Sry for my bad englisch :)

greetings,
    3m!n
    HOW TO ROOT 991D:

I Made a zip file containing the new-boot.img and scatter file for the SP flash tool:
    http://www.multiupload.nl/7CPS920NK9

To make sure ur using the right scatter file u can use the atached tool to generate one for your phone.

Flash the new-boot.img in the zip as BOOTIMG

Explained here:
    http://bm-smartphone-reviews.blogspot.nl/2011/10/mt65x3-flashing-tutorial.html

make sure to flash the BOOTIMG NOT recovery as shown.

After u successfully flashed u can boot the phone and run SuperOneClick to root the phone.......
    U can get SOC here: http://shortfuse.org/?page_id=2

device.png
    New rom ... finally...

Link in signature.
    AlcaBean

I recently created a beta, but i have problems with the installer..
    Because i don't want to brick some devices like recent rom :D
    Will create a own thread later :)

Some infos:
    - Trying to include Updating over the air :)
    - Statusbar & notification pulldown is now 99,999999% 4.1 Jelly Bean like, no difference, just no swipe to remove :/
    - OWN Voice Assistant
    - Recreated Android 4.2 Camera 95%
    - Included 4.1 Calculator, Speech Recorder

I'm recreating every app myself, so i don't use Google Code or just Mod the images! They're created with eclipse like other Apps! I don't include apps from other developers like other roms, anything is my own work! Sorry for the long waiting, i'm currently working on a special feature :)

Edit: Ahh by the way:
    - Replaced 2nd Bootlogo (the logo which comes after the android logo and haven't an animation)
    - AlcaBean Wallpapers (designed by me)
    - Jelly Bean Icons
    - Beats audio, Sony xLoad Engine & Sony Bravia Engine
    - DSP Manager

Sorry for bad english.

Greets,
    3m!n
    I GOT A ROOTED 991D!! yeaah i cant believe it myself i got it to work.

i just have to check some stuff of whats needs to be done to root. If i got it figured it out ill upload a small howto here :cool::laugh: