• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] allShare cast + Windows 7

Search This thread

crypt0r

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,

I am very happy with my Note II since two weeks, I never had such a perfect phone before.

There is an option called allShare cast, I read about it and it seems that this is some kind of DLNA stuff.

Since my TV is connected with my PC via HDMI by default, I don't want to buy the Samsung allShare device box, which is around 90 Euros.

Is there any program for Windows 7 that can emulate an allShare Device?
I already tried to connect it via DLNA and Windows Media Player, but without luck, the allShare Cast Assistant on the Note 2 is not able to find the DLNA Server.

It is really a cool feature, would love to play GTA III on my TV or Computer Monitor with my phone, or watch Videos, show images or what ever.

It would be also alright if I had to use another App, it just should transfer ("mirror") the screen of the phone without a big delay and of course 720p....

gaiden

Feb 13, 2005
jakarta
Hi there is samsung allshare cast program for windows 7. Open samsung website it should be there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I used... it can stream movie file wirelessly aswell from your pc...

http://www.samsung.com/global/allshare/pcsw/

Please hit Thanks if my post help you!!

crypt0r

Jul 10, 2010
Hi there is samsung allshare cast program for windows 7. Open samsung website it should be there.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but this is what I used... it can stream movie file wirelessly aswell from your pc...

http://www.samsung.com/global/allshare/pcsw/

Please hit Thanks if my post help you!!

Thanks for your reply.
I already downloaded this application, but it can only stream music/images/video but not games or other apps....

mcbyte_it

Nov 24, 2008
I am looking also for this, but I doubt there is one.
Mainly because I *bought and rented movies from the Video Hub (*with a free voucher I got), and I don't want to watch a movie on the small S3 screen.

The app mentioned above is AllShare Play, which does only dlna/upnp of the connected devices to share music/video/pics, not the VideoHub movies or the screen mirror...