[Q] Amazon purchase Sprint Nexus 6 locked. Need help.

Search This thread

songyi_lsy

Sep 28, 2011
The provisioning doesn't exist on the same partitions.

hmm. i'm just taking a gamble though.

on a side note, anyone else ordered from amazon under sprint and gotten an unlocked phone ?

I ordered mine on saturday 6 dec, so wondering if anyone else ordered after that time frame and still gotten an unlocked phone.

Last edited:

kEvinErd

Jul 23, 2011
hmm. i'm just taking a gamble though.

on a side note, anyone else ordered from amazon under sprint and gotten an unlocked phone ?

I ordered mine on saturday 6 dec, so wondering if anyone else ordered after that time frame and still gotten an unlocked phone.

I ordered on 3 Dec. Ive yet to test the device but will do so later in the week. When are you getting your set from Amazon? Could you update your findings here?

songyi_lsy

Sep 28, 2011
I ordered on 3 Dec. Ive yet to test the device but will do so later in the week. When are you getting your set from Amazon? Could you update your findings here?

its only reaching borderlinx supposedly today. so i would expect it to ship to me sometime next week. SG here btw, i saw your posts on hwz, i got concerned too. lol

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I bought mine subsidized, delivery got pushed back to today. So I'll see if I can use a friends SIM in the next day and see what happens.

Edit - mine is from Bestbuy, subsidized and I have an active sprint acct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

unforgiven512

Oct 28, 2008
Erie, PA
unforgivendevelopment.com
I don't even see the Nexus 6 listed. Are you saying select a different device and it should work?

I saw in another thread somewhere that someone got their AT&T one unlocked by saying it was an AT&T Moto X.

Should be doable. Submit IMEI as an AT&T Moto X and try the unlock code.

If I could find the other thread, I'd link it here. I'll look for it in a little bit.

kenq2001

May 13, 2009
Thanks for all the interesting discussions. I went through this thread from beginning to end since I plan to purchase Nexus 6 (Sprint) from Best Buy at the full price (i.e., not subsidized). Then I will use it on AT&T network. Can you please help confirm whether the device is really locked to Sprint? That would be a headache if this is correct. Thank you!

I bought mine subsidized, delivery got pushed back to today. So I'll see if I can use a friends SIM in the next day and see what happens.

Edit - mine is from Bestbuy, subsidized and I have an active sprint acct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kEvinErd

Jul 23, 2011
Thanks for all the interesting discussions. I went through this thread from beginning to end since I plan to purchase Nexus 6 (Sprint) from Best Buy at the full price (i.e., not subsidized). Then I will use it on AT&T network. Can you please help confirm whether the device is really locked to Sprint? That would be a headache if this is correct. Thank you!

Somebody just created anothee thread in the General section few hours ago confirming that the Best Buy Sprint Nexus 6 is unlocked.

Reactions: kenq2001

kEvinErd

Jul 23, 2011
The only reason Sprint IMEI locks a device is if it's subsidized. So if the OP's device wasn't subsidized I have no idea what's wrong.

Ohh another person who bought the Sprint Nexus 6 from Amazon just confirmed that it is unlocked based on the reviews left on the Amazon web page. This is really strange.. The Amazon CSO i spoke to said he had received feedback from 10 customers at least stating that the Sprint Nexus 6 is locked.

If only Sprint could come forward and make a statement to clear things up.

Jepod

Jan 13, 2011
Orem, Utah
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I saw a similar issue on my father's Nexus 5. Once we got it working on his Sprint line, it was a pain in the butt to get it to switch back to T-Mobile when a friend of mine bought it off him. Swapping SIMs didn't work until we did a factory reset the phone WITH the T-Mobile SIM installed prior to the reset. You could try that, or go a step further and download the latest full image and flash that onto the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received two sets of Sprint Nexus 6 from Amazon.

One set was already turned on when it reached me. The other was still turned off.

Nonetheless, both sets are unlocked and I can use my own carrier's sim card just fine!
    Why not just select AT&T as the carrier when you purchase the unlock code? $9.99 isn't too bad, and all devices are one SKU, so I would be comfortable in saying it should work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Just to support the cause, I ordered my "Sprint" Nexus 6 from Amazon on Saturday, with overnight shipping to arrive today. Picked it up 15 minutes ago, slid my Verizon nano sim in the phone, and it powered up and got verizon signal right away. Working for both voice and data.

I wonder if the phone locks to Sprint if you power it up with the shipped sim card still installed?
    What they are saying is that if you switch to LTE with a different SIM card in the device, it locks to that SIM. I had this happen with my T-Mobile SIM. In order to use my Verizon SIM, I had to factory reset the device.

I'm able to change mine back and forth between LTE and Global without an issue.

Somebody just created anothee thread in the General section few hours ago confirming that the Best Buy Sprint Nexus 6 is unlocked.