Q and A related to Team UtterChaos [UC] kernel

Search This thread

Cocolech

Dec 3, 2011
San Fernando
I think this kernel is only for stock firmware. Adding the kernel with croms, mods, etc will only add conflict. that's why users with croms complain of problems in wifi and 3g.. if uc kernels and croms can coexist then there will be no problems at all.

Reactions: Mustafa994452

mzone1510

Jan 2, 2011
Goa\Kuwait
Anyone having a problem with gps on v07 non OC kernel? I mean it works perfectly fine,locks in seconds but if you try it again later, it just blanks out! Can't see any satellites!

pabreu

May 8, 2011
Margao
Anyone having a problem with gps on v07 non OC kernel? I mean it works perfectly fine,locks in seconds but if you try it again later, it just blanks out! Can't see any satellites!

happens to me since xxkpn. not just here in goa but also other states aswell. got to use gps aids to get a lock again. but i noticed it happens mostly when you are travelling. if you check the gps at the same location then it works most of the time but when moving to another lcoation, it just doesnt lock at the next location.

mzone1510

Jan 2, 2011
Goa\Kuwait
happens to me since xxkpn. not just here in goa but also other states aswell. got to use gps aids to get a lock again. but i noticed it happens mostly when you are travelling. if you check the gps at the same location then it works most of the time but when moving to another lcoation, it just doesnt lock at the next location.

it used to work fine earlier! no problems at all, but now it only works occasionally, I only tried with uc v07 non oc kernel though not with stock...

hpog

Nov 25, 2011
I think this kernel is only for stock firmware. Adding the kernel with croms, mods, etc will only add conflict. that's why users with croms complain of problems in wifi and 3g.. if uc kernels and croms can coexist then there will be no problems at all.

Hi. Iv used uc kernels v6 and v8 fix, non oc and oc versions, together with Poseidon ROM. In my case wifi and 3g have had no problems. My phone is performing well and the 200mhz speed is also utilized when i choose smartass v2- saving me power. Im just not sure about the gps though coz i dont use it that much. I do hav SOD when i set 200mhz as min & max speed like everybodyelse. But as for uc kernel being incompatible with croms like poseidon, i cant entirely agree with that...

sent from my Galaxy SL with GB 2.3.6 XXPQ, UC Kernel v8 fix oc, Poseidon's ROM (SD cards swapped)

punjprateek

Dec 4, 2011
new delhi
Can anyone suggest me best setting for battery backup I'm using Oc v8 sch rom bamdog
My usage: playing zynga poker. Alot on phone took alot battery consumption 1hr of music playback in whole nd rest browsing on xda forums nd Google using 3g data on my phone please provide me beat setting for battery backup with shesduler nd frequently setting in newbie in settings :p

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

akashsgpgi

Aug 31, 2011
Gurgaon
the 200mhz freq is not utilised when i use minmax 200- 200mhx as no frills shoes 300mhz and i also checked using root explorer
but it 200 was used (cpu stats when samrtassv2 220 - 1.2 was )
but no deep sleep issue

Cocolech

Dec 3, 2011
San Fernando
Hi. Iv used uc kernels v6 and v8 fix, non oc and oc versions, together with Poseidon ROM. In my case wifi and 3g have had no problems. My phone is performing well and the 200mhz speed is also utilized when i choose smartass v2- saving me power. Im just not sure about the gps though coz i dont use it that much. I do hav SOD when i set 200mhz as min & max speed like everybodyelse. But as for uc kernel being incompatible with croms like poseidon, i cant entirely agree with that...

sent from my Galaxy SL with GB 2.3.6 XXPQ, UC Kernel v8 fix oc, Poseidon's ROM (SD cards swapped)[/

yes but look most are complaining of wifi/gps probs once v7-8 was released. i was on poseidon rc with v4 and v6 and had no problems at all. one thing i did when i was in v8 oc fix was to untick everything in "Tweaks". 1.2Ghz for me is ok but experienced phone heat(no sods) even when i set it to 300/800. phone heating even in standby mode means cpu heat

hpog

Nov 25, 2011
yes but look most are complaining of wifi/gps probs once v7-8 was released. i was on poseidon rc with v4 and v6 and had no problems at all. one thing i did when i was in v8 oc fix was to untick everything in "Tweaks". 1.2Ghz for me is ok but experienced phone heat(no sods) even when i set it to 300/800. phone heating even in standby mode means cpu heat[/QUOTE]

I didn't apply v7 after hearing a lot of complaints bro. I just waited for v8 oc fix... In my case the only options unticked in my tweaks are i/o deadline sched, auto zip align and optimize sq lite db. That was the default setting and i didnt try to change anything coz i dont understand these completely yet. But its working well as it is. My battery can last almost 2 days with moderate usage at 200/800mhz (i only use 1.2ghz for games and heavy apps only). WiFi and 3g are working well as mentioned - can be better, but its working (i read somewhere that froyo 3g is better than gb by default).

I also encounter some heating at 1.2ghz but dude my temp is fine when I set it at 800mhz max (32-34 deg), much better when its on standby mode most of the time. Your experience might be unique. Have you tried reflashing xxkpq and your crom anew before flashing uc v8 oc? It might help. Just a suggestion. Anyway, best wishes to you kabayan. :)

Last edited:

Cocolech

Dec 3, 2011
San Fernando
yes but look most are complaining of wifi/gps probs once v7-8 was released. i was on poseidon rc with v4 and v6 and had no problems at all. one thing i did when i was in v8 oc fix was to untick everything in "Tweaks". 1.2Ghz for me is ok but experienced phone heat(no sods) even when i set it to 300/800. phone heating even in standby mode means cpu heat

I didn't apply v7 after hearing a lot of complaints bro. I just waited for v8 oc fix... In my case the only options unticked in my tweaks are i/o deadline sched, auto zip align and optimize sq lite db. That was the default setting and i didnt try to change anything coz i dont understand these completely yet. But its working well as it is. My battery can last almost 2 days with moderate usage at 200/800mhz (i only use 1.2ghz for games and heavy apps only). WiFi and 3g are working well as mentioned - can be better, but its working (i read somewhere that froyo 3g is better than gb by default).

I also encounter some heating at 1.2ghz but dude my temp is fine when I set it at 800mhz max (32-34 deg), much better when its on standby mode most of the time. Your experience might be unique. Have you tried reflashing xxkpq and your crom anew before flashing uc v8 oc? It might help. Just a suggestion. Anyway, best wishes to you kabayan. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes I did that. Im a flash addict. I even flashed v8 oc fix directly to root my phone. Everything worked fine on stock rom. But once i flashed a crom, those(wifi/gps) problems arise. Right now im using Junior rom+ amit's cf root. 3 days moderate use at 31%. not bad at all

vibhorrr

Aug 3, 2011
Pune
I am not able to restore using CWM....I get following log

Restoring system...
E:format_volume: format_rfs_device failed on /dev/block/st19
Error while formatting device /system!
Segmentation fault
failure while running fat.format

Napstar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2011
Pune
This bug is corrected and we will release fixed CWM in next release soon.

I am not able to restore using CWM....I get following log

Restoring system...
Segmentation fault
failure while running fat.format

Reactions: vibhorrr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi;
    I have flashed the v9 1009 and i have a few questions:
    # best settings for:
    1)max performance
    2)adequate performance
    3)best battery

Help plz.

ok so from best performance to best battery life following are the settings i recommend:
    Code:
    best performance
    >>>
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 / 1200[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]performance[/I]  | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]V(R)/BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 / 1200[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]interactiveX[/I] | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]V(R)/BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 / 1200[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]minmax[/I]       | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 / 1200[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]scary[/I]        | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 / 1000[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]scary[/I]        | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 /  800[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]scary[/I]        | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 /  800[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]lionheart[/I]    | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    [B]cpu freq min/max[/B] - [I]300 /  600[/I] | [B]cpu governor[/B] - [I]conservative[/I] | [B]i/o scheduler[/B] - [I]BFQ[/I]
    <<<
    best battery

these are just my personal opinion... u need to find which setting works best for ur workload/usage...
    This thread is regarding discussion about Doomlord UC kernel for our device. This thread is specially for general chit chat, opinions, Q and A related to his kernel so that main thread of Doomlord kernel in developement section will have less crowd of unnecessary questions & posts.
    So I request senior members to help noobs here. Also if necessary Doomlord will also answer ur important querries here.

Important :-Kernel is working universally perfectly with EVERY firmwares without any problems.

Current version :- v14 (21st MAY 2012)

Original Thread for updates

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1357747

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26353627&postcount=1659

Thank you.

Regards,
    Vishal :)
    we will consider support for CM and MIUI soon. Right now were are concentrating on making Uc kernel as stable and powerful as possible.

It would be great if they make one for CM!!

Sent from my CSL-MI410 using XDA App
    Some guys had sent me private message asking how to use set cpu & no-frills, though i had replied them separately still i felt this may help some people who r new to such environment.

It's very simple. in no frills u have to set ur desired governor & i/o (u can't opt only for i/o, if u don't select ur governor, it will select one of the options as default) select min as 300 & max as 1100 ( incase of v4) under requested column & apply it. now when u open set cpu you will see the same governor selected with min & max values as 300-1100. now if u want, u can set profiles under profile header how the governor should behave. like i have set night 11pm-8am 300-600, while charging 300-800, screen off 300-800, below 30% bat 300-600. these profile can be either with the same governor or can be different (am using all with smartassv2) when any of these conditons are met the clock values shall fluctuate between it's respective min to max values, eg: while charging i could see the upper clock value does not exceed 800. like wise after 11pm the upper value does not go beyond 600. when none of the profile criterias are existing then the clock speed shall be between 300-1100 (it does not mean the clock speed is always at upper value but clock speed shall go to it's peek as & when the applications are running or demand). hope it helps.
    Screen shots attached
    Hopefully, XDA_bam's patch should fix this bug. Lets see.
    I can't test it right now, as I am still on ICS.

Lets see. :)

I think this has already been answered in the Dev section.. The fact the kernel goes up to 1.3ghz during camera use (causing lags) , is a bug which needs to be fixed.. This should not a reason to limit overclocking..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone