[Q] Android 4.3 battery drain?

Search This thread

hamiksu

Jan 6, 2012
been having this battery drain problem ever since 4.2.2

Do you guys have this drain problem in IDLE mode? because I do..

rough estimate, it drains like 7 to 8% in one hour when my device is in SLEEP mode..

uprightbass360

Dec 21, 2012
I don't know what your talk in about, I'm getting better battery life than I ever did before. I'm UV by 25 running faux kernel (u21), and clean ROM. I just removed all the gapps I don't use, and don't run anything that needs background syncing. Did you guys do clean installs(full flash via fastboot)?

I also turned off daydream which I am suspicious of, yet I have no proof that it does anything:)

Last edited:

hamiksu

Jan 6, 2012
But to all this, what apps or services seems to be draining the battery?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thats the problem, I hard factory resetted several times and leave it alone with no new apps
installed before.. disabled NFC, my mobile connection.. and still it drains like a leaky hose in idle mode..

some friendly ppl here suggested installing greenify and betterbatterystats and stuff..
but it doesnt really help me pinpoint whats doing the draining.. maybe because I am not sure what I am looking at..

end result, i even flashed (nearly bricked my nexus on several occasions too) and still the drain is there..

I thought my battery is dying or something.. but my nexus is barely 6 months old.. and battery status shows it as GOOD..

so yea, I am stumped..

WinterSoldier

Jun 23, 2013
Heredia
Yeap.

I am having the same problem with the battery, the battery is spent very quickly, I have less applications installed and lately I have not used the phone to see if it was me and nothing. It may be because manually install the OTA?

najaboy

May 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
Does the rule of waiting a few days/recharge cycles to get a true sense of the battery not apply to Nexus devices like it does to Samsung devices?

The initial battery drain after flashing can be attributed to apps conducting their first sync and the kernel "settling." This only takes a matter of hours at best. After that, one can get a fairly accurate idea of how their battery is being tasked.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

WOP_Drive

Dec 10, 2012
Denver
I'm also experiencing severe battery drain after taking the 4.3 update on my stock, unrooted Nexus 7. It's been 3 days and no improvement.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

sububack

Dec 6, 2012
Bangalore
I too face same problem, and the App sucking most of the battery is "Kernel (Android OS)", second one is "Launcher", "Phone" and "Android System".

Any suggestions solutions found for this battery issue?