[Q] Android A2DP quality (or lack thereof)

Search This thread

vesati

Mar 30, 2006
www.vesati.com
Okay, so the only thing that has me still thinking that WM6.5 is still superior to Android is the depressing quality of A2DP in the Android builds for the HD2.

I mean, granted it's higher quality than listening to music via the hands-free profile, but it is woefully lacking when compared to the A2DP coming from WM6.5 on my HD2.

I found a thread of Evo owners who are similarly upset over this, and there seems to be one ROM variant out there that addresses this for Evo owners, so surely this must be something that can be fixed on the ROM's for the HD2? (also, RIP Leslie Nielson)

The thread is here
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9888

Has there been any research into what (if anything) users can do to better the quality of A2DP on Android?

Reactions: white-energy

white-energy

Apr 9, 2010
Kyiv
Yes.. thank you for sharing this issue with us.. i hope google will fix this bug.. it just gives some white-noises in a music! i can't describe it

EDIT: Check this out, someone actually found a way for it!

Last edited:
Reactions: QINGDAOHD2

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK
I have tried Cyanogen's new Gingerbread build on my HD2 and for the first time, I heard crisp, quality A2DP over my phone. It was awesome. However, I want to continue using my Froyo sense build so really would like to see a fix. It's possible....we just need a genius or 2 to work it out! I wonder if Cyanogen is contactable?

SoFaKiNgStOkeD

Jul 8, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
I am using the NAND stock Desire ROM on my HD2, and my AD2P is working flawlessly with my Sony Xplod unit in my car. HTC phones always worked good for me.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, so the only thing that has me still thinking that WM6.5 is still superior to Android is the depressing quality of A2DP in the Android builds for the HD2.

I mean, granted it's higher quality than listening to music via the hands-free profile, but it is woefully lacking when compared to the A2DP coming from WM6.5 on my HD2.

I found a thread of Evo owners who are similarly upset over this, and there seems to be one ROM variant out there that addresses this for Evo owners, so surely this must be something that can be fixed on the ROM's for the HD2? (also, RIP Leslie Nielson)

The thread is here
    http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=9888

Has there been any research into what (if anything) users can do to better the quality of A2DP on Android?
    Yes.. thank you for sharing this issue with us.. i hope google will fix this bug.. it just gives some white-noises in a music! i can't describe it

EDIT: Check this out, someone actually found a way for it!