• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Android international compatibility.

Search This thread

Boogydefarno

Nov 21, 2011
Hi everyone. This is not a random post, i was advised to ask this question in this forum by another member of the forum, so i am sorry if this is a duplicate of the origonal post.I am desperately trying to find the answer to this question and I am running out of time. I am presently on holiday in the U.S. and I have calculated that i can buy a Galaxy Tab 7 Plus in the U.S. for the equivalent of around £ 280.00. That is a huge saving on the U.K. Price. However I want to make sure that the Tab will be compatible with the U.K. Google Market first. I just want to make sure that as the device will be software registered as a U.S. device it will allow me to use the U.K. Market. I.e. location specific apps e.g. BBC iplayer et al. Or is there a work around? The other member suggested that I may have to do a reset of the device once I get back to the U.K. Otherwise there shouldn't be a problem. Anyone able to provide a definitive answer? Thank you in advance and again sorry that this duplicated in another thread but I am only doing as I'm advised.:)