[Q] Android Kitchen Updated Script / Update Script

Search This thread

captain_nemo

Nov 11, 2012
City of Joy!!!!
Hello Devs,

I was using android kitchen. Regarding that I have one question.

When I am extracting a new ROM, I am receiving below instruction from kitchen. What to do in this situation? I am confused here.

Should I go for option 1 or for option 2, here?

Please help me.

Found an updater-script but not an update-script. For
compatibility with the kitchen scripts, only update-
scripts are used in the kitchen (see the kitchen's FAQ
at xda-developers.com for a detailed explanation).

The kitchen will attempt to convert your updater-script
into an update-script file using the old (or similar)
syntax of an update-script, which makes it easier for
the kitchen to make changes for different devices. When
the ROM is built, it will be converted back.

WARNING:
If you are using a custom ROM (ZIP) that was made
without the kitchen, then the conversion may not be
100%. The kitchen will make a backup of this file
as META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script.orig.

Choose an option number:

1 = Convert it to update-script (Amend format)
2 = Do nothing, keep updater-script (Edify format)

ongalaxy

Nov 11, 2013
Hello Devs,

I was using android kitchen. Regarding that I have one question.

When I am extracting a new ROM, I am receiving below instruction from kitchen. What to do in this situation? I am confused here.

Should I go for option 1 or for option 2, here?

Please help me.

Hello, do you have any further clues on this? I have the same issue. Absolute newbie to ROMs..

I downloaded the stockrom from safariking from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2489395. Created a working folder and rebuilt the ROM without any changes to check if I got the kitchen working properly or not. I choose option 1 but the cooked ROM refuses to flash - gave some Status 7 error.

Thanks.

captain_nemo

Nov 11, 2012
City of Joy!!!!
Hello, do you have any further clues on this? I have the same issue. Absolute newbie to ROMs..

I downloaded the stockrom from safariking from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2489395. Created a working folder and rebuilt the ROM without any changes to check if I got the kitchen working properly or not. I choose option 1 but the cooked ROM refuses to flash - gave some Status 7 error.

Thanks.

Use option 2 and manually change the updater-script from the path.

Dark Wraith

Feb 18, 2013
Bangalore
ok i am also using android kitchen from a xda guide
so just dt kitchen wud recognises your rom you have to convert your updater script to update script
den modify your rom or do any changes you want
den before repacking your rom again convert the update script to updater script and then pack it
worked fr me
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2195858

All new versions of CWM use updater script to install the ROM. Update script was used previously and used in the kitchen. So if you are using the kitchen then make sure you convert it to updater script as update script wont work anymore

jesuinodsa

Dec 23, 2012
Mumbai
www.clearchats.com
All new versions of CWM use updater script to install the ROM. Update script was used previously and used in the kitchen. So if you are using the kitchen then make sure you convert it to updater script as update script wont work anymore

ya i know but kitchen is in old ways to remember it paths and ways to rom it must be converted to update and when ua rom iis dne den again convert to updater and den pack the rom
check the link above

Dark Wraith

Feb 18, 2013
Bangalore
ya i know but kitchen is in old ways to remember it paths and ways to rom it must be converted to update and when ua rom iis dne den again convert to updater and den pack the rom
check the link above

Ya i sed the same thing..should have quoted the op..however in my humble opinion,its better to cook a ROM manually instead of kitchen as you'll learn a lot more.Plus dxdia has stopped working on the kitchen so you'll get limite
d options and very less support

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok i am also using android kitchen from a xda guide
    so just dt kitchen wud recognises your rom you have to convert your updater script to update script
    den modify your rom or do any changes you want
    den before repacking your rom again convert the update script to updater script and then pack it
    worked fr me
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2195858
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone