• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Android Market keeps forcing close?!

Search This thread

klacker

Dec 5, 2011
My Android Market keeps forcing close. I force stop and clear cache but every time I run Market it automatically forces close. After I rebooted my phone and run Market it would work well but when i want to update or install any apps it would force close. Help?
Thanks in advance :)

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
My Android Market keeps forcing close. I force stop and clear cache but every time I run Market it automatically forces close. After I rebooted my phone and run Market it would work well but when i want to update or install any apps it would force close. Help?

Goto setting/applications/all

clear cache and data for marker.

reboot and try again

seidji-japan

Aug 18, 2011
Try to reinstall the market.
Open some file explorer and go to system/app/vending.apk
Hope its help...

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

spahbod

Dec 2, 2011
tehran

Go to xrecovery & fix perm or by rom manager fix perm... :)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk

milton.bain

Sep 8, 2011
Digboi
Hey... Just follow these :
1. Goto settings, applications, manage applications, market and Uninstall updates and clear data and clear cache. Reboot, open market, see if it force closes?
2. If yes, then use any flashable zip to flash market.
3. HOW do i do it?
Use astro only. Open any small sized flashable zip. Goto system, apps(if there is no apps folder create it), paste vending.apk(download from any website). 4.Now, use root explorer and delete vending.apk from system/apps( don't forget to save a copy of it at your sdcard , this might come handy in case my suggestion doesn't work).
5. Reboot into xrecovery and wipe dalvik cache and flash the created zip and fix permission.
6. Reboot and wait for 5mins to settle. Now try market.

CheerS! 
Milton --> From Sony Ericsson Xperia™ on ROM : "ThGo2 v12"
using XDA premium
" hit thanks if I'm nice to you! "

klacker

Dec 5, 2011
3. HOW do i do it?
Use astro only. Open any small sized flashable zip. Goto system, apps(if there is no apps folder create it), paste vending.apk(download from any website). 4.Now, use root explorer and delete vending.apk from system/apps( don't forget to save a copy of it at your sdcard , this might come handy in case my suggestion doesn't work).

CheerS! 
using XDA premium

i dun really understand step 3

milton.bain

Sep 8, 2011
Digboi
i dun really understand step 3

Like custom roms come in .Zip, similarly use this zip package to complete step 3. Download market apk from any website and rename it to vending.apk. Use astro and open this zip, open system, open apps. Delete all apps and paste vending.apk there. Flash it

________________________________________ CheerS!
using XDA premium

milton.bain

Sep 8, 2011
Digboi
sorry i am pretty new to android. where is the "system"

Use astro to open the flashable zip. There you will see a folder named "system". Open it, there you will see a folder named "app",( if its not there... Create a new folder named "app") . Delete all apks and now paste the vending.apk in the folder named "app". Now flash this new zip

________________________________________ CheerS!
using XDA premium