[Q] Android Market stuck on Starting Download

Search This thread

elektrotof

Jun 19, 2009
I have the same problem. "Starting download" and nothing happenend.
SD Card is well mounted. Market has been stopped and cache cleared etc etc
I dont know what to do ??
3G connection works as well. I didn't try with WiFi (need to find a hot spot). Restarting phone or any other solutions dont work.
Thank you for your further answers.

Last edited:

angeln

Sep 14, 2008
I have tried several different 2.2 builds on my (AT&T) HTC Pure. Most of what is supposed to work does, and it's fun to play with. However, what's really holding me back is an inability to download anything from the Android Maket. I can sign-in and browse just fine, but when I "Install" something and go to the downloads tab, all I find are apps that say "Starting Download" with a perpetually cycling progress bar. I've let it run for 15 minutes and never got anything to actually download. I do not have a data-plan, so I use wifi. I have verified that wifi works.
I have also noticed that I cannot sign into gTalk. I've seen several posts suggesting that once you sign into gTalk, that I'd be able to download apps (and vice-versa), but so far, neither of these applications/features is working for me.

The latest install I've tried is XDANDROID.2.2.AOSP.FRX01.17.09.10.UPDATE_PACKAGE.7z and it still has this problem.

Has anybody else gotten around this problem and have some advice???

I tried using my phone to create a new google account, and that worked, but I still couldn't download. :(

I have exactly the same problem, I can't install/update apps and can't sign into gTalk.. Did anyone find what is the problem since September ?

kdelisle

Dec 4, 2010
My latest install was Froyo 4.6. I had reinstalled another version. I noticed this on both the reinstall as well as this install. The great thing about Marketplace is that it remembers your downloads. So, this time I had like 15 apps which were taking a pretty long time to download and install. At first, it looks like it is stuck, but gradually they all do download and install (at least for me). I found that if you want to "rush" it, click on the app to be downloaded, click cancel, then click install and accept the conditions. Then, it will start downloading pretty much right away. This worked both on the first reinstall, as well as this fresh Froyo install, therefore, I believe this works consistently. Happy droiding...

aisebastian

Oct 29, 2010
Bucharest
Market stopped at "starting download"

Hi, I managed to get across this problem. Firstly, my downloads seemed to have frozen at "Starting download", but I noticed that my apps were actually installed behind my back. They appeared in the app launcher soon after i chose to download them, even though market app shown them with "Starting download" message. So, I tried unmounting the SD card, and as soon i did that, the downloads worked normally.

After this first unmount, i mounted it back and downloads still worked great.

Using mdeejay's froyo sense 2.4 clean . I hope it helps anyone

noixdarec

Oct 18, 2009
Paris
Try settings/applications/manage applications/market 'all tab' and force stop. Clear cache. Clear data. So next time you use market it is like new and downloads and installs without hanging etc. Your downloads tab should still have a record of apps you downloaded.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Thank you, it works for me!

sids911

Apr 15, 2006
I have the exact same problem, my gtalk doesn’t sign me in, and my marketplace downloads just stay on “starting download”. I am on wifi with no SIM card in, and have tried clearing cache and force restarting the marketplace. I have the latest 2.2.1 Froyo update on the Samsung Captivate. Any pointers for me? Or should I just go ahead and try out an unofficial ROM?

joshcsmith13

Jul 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy A50
well... It's time for my update.... It still doesn't work. :(
I've tried Clearing Cache, Clearing Data, Force Stopping Market [Updater], Cancelling download and resuming, Mounting and unmounting my SD card, rebooting, etc. (basically anything that has been suggested in this thread [and that I could understand])
All with NO LUCK.
I am still getting the Infinite "Starting Download" whenever I attempt to download a new app, or resume download of a previously selected app that has since been cancelled.
this stinks. :(

PS. I'm now using the FRX05 build packaged by TheJokah.

Last edited:

Ray1

Aug 13, 2011
i have this problem as well. market always stuch at downloading.

crap new version.

can anyone upload the old version?

ipergig

Jan 3, 2010
Still no solution? Sometimes Market works for me, sometimes doesn't. It's really annoying

Have you tried if market downloads instantly while using mobile data instead of WiFi? If so, try changing your wireless connection's dns. I changed mine to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (google dns) and now market is working properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try settings/applications/manage applications/market 'all tab' and force stop. Clear cache. Clear data. So next time you use market it is like new and downloads and installs without hanging etc. Your downloads tab should still have a record of apps you downloaded.

Thanks a lotS