[Q] Android on Wave and Wave II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

naoentrar

Oct 26, 2010
Espinho
As I stated before, Samsung Wave is the ****, its only weak point is its O.S.
I have headaches everytime I wake up and see craps like all those ugly and limited themes and other useless 'apps' in my 'appstore'.

totally agreed. i wanna see a real facebook app, a real chat app, twitter app and other useful apps like android or ios have. not that ****ty java apps. Damn, i hate java apps

Infomatrix

Jan 5, 2011
just relax will ya an' stop jumping down other posters quotes.... this is not 4chan ffs

Beg yer pardon...

@ t0mm13b

The Samsung Galaxy S has also a SAMOLED display. But you already realize it :D

All the other things you wrote are right. Even if it seems like the Wave and Galaxy have mostly similar hardware they are not the same product. Like you already mentioned both smartphones uses different technologies and hardware in some cases. Both smartphones are built on different policies. The Wave has much more barriers than the Galaxy. So it will not be easy like many people believe that you just need to take the Android version of the Galaxy S and to put it on the Wave. It is by far more difficult.

t0mm13b

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
@ t0mm13b

All the other things you wrote are right. Even if it seems like the Wave and Galaxy have mostly similar hardware they are not the same product. Like you already mentioned both smartphones uses different technologies and hardware in some cases. Both smartphones are built on different policies. The Wave has much more barriers than the Galaxy. So it will not be easy like many people believe that you just need to take the Android version of the Galaxy S and to put it on the Wave. It is by far more difficult.

Absolutely... +1....it's the same case of one particular model of the Motorola where the ROM was secure as hell and couldnt be hacked...

Samsung did make this hardware a lot more difficult to break, not alone that, bada is water-tight enough to prevent and "jailbreaks" to be carried out on it... their sdk has come a long way though - have to give them a +1 for that...
(as an aside: I am the channel op for the bada channel on freenode, and wrote an open letter to samsung where I came across as critical and harsh on them - am also active on a number of forums as well ;) )

toxicdust

Jul 17, 2009
Centurion
Seriously ... can you be that thick

Ok

So i think i have the dealbreaker Joker card here.

All developers should be familiar with GSM Arena seeing as its the most comprehensive USER RATED website for all phones new and old.

Here is a link i want some explination on cause cleary the stupid is rolling off a lot of ppl that want and demand this port to be done.

http://www.gsmarena.com/stats.php3

Now check the rating and you will see the following as by user rated the Wave rates 8.751/10 voted by 87,000+ ppl. Close behind it but STILL BEHIND it at number 2 best user rated phone is the Galaxy S with 8.501 with 48,000+ ppl

Now if the Multi-vitamins you take in the morning to increase brain power dont make you see the difference from 8.7 to 8.5 (ye its close) but a Bada phone is still better rated than a Android phone ...

Oh and just to be clear the Bada phone is rated best in the world as per USER RATED then clearly no amount of talking about this topic will change your opinion or make you smarted to actually use google and do some research before posting

So clearly out of all pages the following statements are incorrect: (And you know who you are)

1. Android is way better than Bada - FALSE
2. Galaxy S is better than the Wave - FALSE again
3. Android is faster than Bada - FALSE Yet AGAIN!

Wave -> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8500_wave-3146.php
Ratings as per section
Design : 8.7
Features : 8.7
Performance : 8.8

Galaxy S -> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9000_galaxy_s-3115.php
Ratings as per section
Design : 8.4
Features : 8.5
Performance : 8.5

Complete Comparison -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3146&idPhone2=3115

Now for ppl still taking the stupid pills here is a breakdown specially made for you

Not only Does the Wave Bada phone Look better than the Android Galaxy S its got more features and functionality out of the box it also performs better than the Android Galaxy S

I really dont know how to state it better or make it more clear but with almost the identical hardware the Wave Bada gets higher performance ratings than the Adroid and makes it a clear cut BADA IS BETTER THAN ANDROID in terms of Performance.

Also out of the box the Features Bada comes with overshoot the Android.

Yes the Appstore isnt as great as the Android one but ffs ... Android on mobile phones started apearing in Nov 2009 already
Its been a year and a half since Android launched. Bada only Launched on its 1st device Aug 2010 so that almost a year apart. Ppl also took on Android with open arms and spent their time not to try and port Symbian2 on the android phones to make it cool cause they were looking for the Nokia restart your phone every morning problem.

Its ppl like you that will break this great OS and not give it time to develop.

Why this logic eludes ppl is beyond me ... There is no excuse for being stupid ... Google gets provided for free

Last edited:

d128b

Dec 2, 2009
WTF??
Nono...
I don't want android on my wave...
After a galaxy lite, finally i've got a phone that don't make me mad!!!
Bada OS is the future! I'd very like it!
It's grows much faster than Android...

TigerCourage

Nov 24, 2010
Almería
www.generacionm.es
Also the graphics on Wave's games are a lot better than Android's ! Check out Asphalt 5 on Galaxy S and then Asphalt 5 on Wave to see the difference ;) .
The only reason I want Android on Wave is to have a choice, to change when I get bored of it and to have more usefull apps like official Yahoo Messenger, Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Tuenti, Facebook chat etc...

aLexzkter

Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, BadaOS grows faster than Android.
That's why BadaOS has only 2300 useless apps, whereas Android had 20.000 back then when it had been released for 6 months in the market, and I remind you once again, that most of the people still are with Bada v1.02 :p

I hope Bada grows very fast yeah, but I want to have other choices as well.

d128b

Dec 2, 2009
Woaa!!
I've read that spb it's going to release a mobile shell 5.0 for bada phone!
Sorry for ot

Last edited:

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
If we could get Bada running on other devices that would be really cool and then people would fairly pour over bada to streamline it for that device (e.g what happened with Android)

Bada is Kernel independent so in theroy you could run all the bada libraries and front ends ontop of a pre-existing Android kernel... im just saying ;-)

t0mm13b

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
If we could get Bada running on other devices that would be really cool and then people would fairly pour over bada to streamline it for that device (e.g what happened with Android)

Bada is Kernel independent so in theroy you could run all the bada libraries and front ends ontop of a pre-existing Android kernel... im just saying ;-)

Bada's OS is nucleusRTOS, yeah, RTOS variant... hence the size and nippiness of the system, bear in mind, the OS is actually watertight and no way of breaking out of it... from a reliable source, the very same nucleusRTOS was used in dumb handsets, this was before Samsung came out with smartphones - the one I have in possession - Samsung SGH-E250v, is remarkably similar to the modern nucleusRTOS found in the wave in terms of functionality.....

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
But what i am saying is Bada doesn't rely on a particular Kernel. You could replace nucleusRTOS with say BSD or Linux kernel without hassle, this is what was intended when it was designed. I mean a vast chunk of the Bada libraries are open source BSD ones after all.

The aj

Oct 2, 2010
Lahore
Maybe.

Tell you guys what, The thing is that the only reason android is a little better than bada is because of the fact that bada is not as mature as android, but as we all know, bada is faster and cheaper with same specs. So, if we can get android on the wave, it would save us money and we would get more apps. But when bada is a little older, it probably will be much better. Whenever I go to Samsung Apps in the "New" section, I find a ton of new apps. All we can do now is to wait or to persuade a Dev.

t0mm13b

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
But what i am saying is Bada doesn't rely on a particular Kernel. You could replace nucleusRTOS with say BSD or Linux kernel without hassle, this is what was intended when it was designed. I mean a vast chunk of the Bada libraries are open source BSD ones after all.

Sure, there may be open source libs etc, they may be, but.... and this is a major but:

Ever used the SDK 1.2.1?

It is flawed - there's no try/catch, in fact a large part of the api is quite restricted due to the lack of the C++ RTL which is limiting (I base limiting on the fact that it's the nucleusRTOS kernel that has limitations...)

That IMHO is what makes porting to the bada platform a huge nightmare - have tried to port python across it and it sucked...

pauldmps

Nov 11, 2010
Jamshedpur/Bhubaneswar
I am again posting to say that this is not the place to discuss about Bada (and its features etc.). Please create a separate thread for that & move out of here.

I would ignore such posts from now on. I request other users who're serious about the matter of discussion of this thread to not post any replies to such posts.

For everyone: "Anyone who has even a little bit of knowledge would accept that Android is far superior than Bada. It has a huge team of developers backed by a huge corporation like Google. They're rolling new updates in about every 3-6 months & has large number of apps. Even Samsung manufactures more Android handsets than its own Bada handsets. Need more proof that Android is superior ?"

I wish a bright future for Bada but it is not yet the time when it can even be compared to Android.

t0mm13b

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F1
Huh! You cannot compare Bada to Android...

All I'm saying is, porting across the handset is a nightmare job to do.... tell me ... you dismiss everything about bada and say that android is superior.... lulz... the big thing about Bada is C++, you cannot compare C++ to Java.... :p hence the huge speed gain in bada applications in comparison to java equivalent of such applications... c'mon... stop mollycoddling android...

faenil

Aug 18, 2008
Pisa
I am again posting to say that this is not the place to discuss about Bada (and its features etc.). Please create a separate thread for that & move out of here.

I would ignore such posts from now on. I request other users who're serious about the matter of discussion of this thread to not post any replies to such posts.

For everyone: "Anyone who has even a little bit of knowledge would accept that Android is far superior than Bada. It has a huge team of developers backed by a huge corporation like Google. They're rolling new updates in about every 3-6 months & has large number of apps. Even Samsung manufactures more Android handsets than its own Bada handsets. Need more proof that Android is superior ?"

I wish a bright future for Bada but it is not yet the time when it can even be compared to Android.

look a little deeper...
Do you think Android's sdk is better than Qt's one, and more in general android's framework?
nonetheless, android has got many more apps than nokia's ovistore...

More famous/used does not always mean better...bada could grow much in the next months imho.

I am not taking parts because I don't have deep knowledge of both android and bada internals (I know android more and bada less...but I'm a known symbian modder though), but just leaving a comment that will make you think, I hope :)...

cheers
faenil

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Excuse me i am the OP so you get the off my thread. If we want to briefly go off topic to discuss the similarities of bada and Android then we can. Goodbye, dont bump your head returning under the bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabianadmin

Jul 30, 2009
Straffan
Never said i was, i was told to get off my own thread by the poster two posts previous to me. Also no i will not mind my language, if it offends you i suggest you grow up. I am an adult which entitles me to use adult expressions to express intense displeasure with something or someone.

Back on topic, i will create a poll and we can then see if there is enough interest in an android port, if not i will have this topic closed. End of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Excuse me i am the OP so you get the off my thread. If we want to briefly go off topic to discuss the similarities of bada and Android then we can. Goodbye, dont bump your head returning under the bridge.

Never said i was, i was told to get off my own thread by the poster two posts previous to me. Also no i will not mind my language, if it offends you i suggest you grow up. I am an adult which entitles me to use adult expressions to express intense displeasure with something or someone.

Back on topic, i will create a poll and we can then see if there is enough interest in an android port, if not i will have this topic closed. End of.
    May I remind you that this is a family forum and alot of members are minors and as such we do not tolerate any kind of offensive language from any of our members so yes you will please watch your language on xda forums.

You are free to discuss whatever you wish but please do not use any form of offensive language in the future.

Mark.
    Just wondering if any xda developers would be willing to do and Android port to the samsung wave if a bounty was available for it?

The Wave and Wave II have almost identical hardware however the Wave II has a 3.7 SLCD (vs the Wave I's 3.3 SAMOLED although they both have the same resolution)

And both devices are very similar in terms of hardware to the rest of the Samsung galaxy family.

So any one interested?

look a little deeper...
    Do you think Android's sdk is better than Qt's one, and more in general android's framework?
    nonetheless, android has got many more apps than nokia's ovistore...

More famous/used does not always mean better...bada could grow much in the next months imho.

I am not taking parts because I don't have deep knowledge of both android and bada internals (I know android more and bada less...but I'm a known symbian modder though), but just leaving a comment that will make you think, I hope :)...

cheers
    faenil
    Seriously ... can you be that thick

Ok

So i think i have the dealbreaker Joker card here.

All developers should be familiar with GSM Arena seeing as its the most comprehensive USER RATED website for all phones new and old.

Here is a link i want some explination on cause cleary the stupid is rolling off a lot of ppl that want and demand this port to be done.

http://www.gsmarena.com/stats.php3

Now check the rating and you will see the following as by user rated the Wave rates 8.751/10 voted by 87,000+ ppl. Close behind it but STILL BEHIND it at number 2 best user rated phone is the Galaxy S with 8.501 with 48,000+ ppl

Now if the Multi-vitamins you take in the morning to increase brain power dont make you see the difference from 8.7 to 8.5 (ye its close) but a Bada phone is still better rated than a Android phone ...

Oh and just to be clear the Bada phone is rated best in the world as per USER RATED then clearly no amount of talking about this topic will change your opinion or make you smarted to actually use google and do some research before posting

So clearly out of all pages the following statements are incorrect: (And you know who you are)

1. Android is way better than Bada - FALSE
    2. Galaxy S is better than the Wave - FALSE again
    3. Android is faster than Bada - FALSE Yet AGAIN!

Wave -> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_s8500_wave-3146.php
    Ratings as per section
    Design : 8.7
    Features : 8.7
    Performance : 8.8

Galaxy S -> http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9000_galaxy_s-3115.php
    Ratings as per section
    Design : 8.4
    Features : 8.5
    Performance : 8.5

Complete Comparison -> http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3146&idPhone2=3115

Now for ppl still taking the stupid pills here is a breakdown specially made for you

Not only Does the Wave Bada phone Look better than the Android Galaxy S its got more features and functionality out of the box it also performs better than the Android Galaxy S

I really dont know how to state it better or make it more clear but with almost the identical hardware the Wave Bada gets higher performance ratings than the Adroid and makes it a clear cut BADA IS BETTER THAN ANDROID in terms of Performance.

Also out of the box the Features Bada comes with overshoot the Android.

Yes the Appstore isnt as great as the Android one but ffs ... Android on mobile phones started apearing in Nov 2009 already
    Its been a year and a half since Android launched. Bada only Launched on its 1st device Aug 2010 so that almost a year apart. Ppl also took on Android with open arms and spent their time not to try and port Symbian2 on the android phones to make it cool cause they were looking for the Nokia restart your phone every morning problem.

Its ppl like you that will break this great OS and not give it time to develop.

Why this logic eludes ppl is beyond me ... There is no excuse for being stupid ... Google gets provided for free
    just relax will ya an' stop jumping down other posters quotes.... this is not 4chan ffs

Beg yer pardon...

@ t0mm13b