[Q] Another Flyer stuck in reboot loop after flashing DextersJB18

Search This thread

monkbroc

Mar 2, 2013
Hello,

I have a US 3G Flyer that my friend messed up while trying to root and reflash it. He asked me to revive it.

The device was stuck at the HTC logo during boot.

It must have had HC since the HBOOT is 1.11.0011. It was unlocked through HTCDev since it says UNLOCKED in the bootloader. However, it still has S-ON. The device has Revolutionary CWM 4.0.1.4 flashed as a recovery.

I tried to follow the instructions by globatron in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18508210 to downgrade to GB in order to run Revolutionary and get S-OFF.
fastboot getvar cid gives HTC__102

However, I do not have permission to read the thread that has the download links to the RRU: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1062184

So I went ahead and tried to flash DextersJB18 because it seemed from the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1795342 that some people flashed it sucessfully with HTCDev unlocked S-ON devices.

I downloaded the ROM zip file and gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip, put that on the SD card, booted into CWM v4 and flashed this way:
1. Wipe factory data/reset
2. Wipe cache
3. Go into mounts and storage
4. Format /system
5. Format /data
6. Format /cache
7. Enter advanced
8. Wipe dalvik
9. Flash ROM (including wipe all) then flashed gapps
10. Booted to fastboot then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (taken from DextersJB18.zip)

After I reboot, it never goes past the HTC logo. If I hold the power key, it shutdowns but reboots immediately. I know I go to the bootloader and say power off to prevent draining the battery.

Can someone please provide some insight into how I can get the device up and running again? Thanks. I really appreciate it.

monkbroc

Mar 2, 2013
Resolved

Well after another day of trying various things I finally got the device back up and running.

I figured out that for the HTC__102 model device I could use RUU_Flyer_HTC_WWE_2.00.405.3_R_Radio_20.3501.30.089BU_3809.05.04.10_M_release_194964_signed.exe to downgrade to Gingerbread. I googled that and found it on a random site.

After I found the correct RUU, I was able to follow globatron's instructions in http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18508210 to downgrade to stock Gingerbread. The device booted OK into Gingerbread.

I then got S-OFF with Revolutionary and upgraded to Honeycomb by running ARUWizard.exe in RUU_3G_B09.zip. The device then booted OK into Honeycomb.

I then flashed DextersJB18 and gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip from CWM recovery. Initially I had weird issues like the keyboard crashing because I used gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip, which is ONLY for Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2, not 4.1.1. After flashing the correct gapps, things were OK.

The device now boots into Jelly Bean! Yea!

tashditdit

Mar 6, 2013
help, cant get boot or recovery

Hi hope you can help.
I have been running my flyer rooted on stock honeycomb with no trouble. I wanted to install Dexters JB18 rom, something went wrong after the install and now i can only access hboot screens, flyer wont boot, and recovery (was cwm with no issues) just brings up htc screen with nothing else.
I have tried flashing several recovery/boot images via fastboot, without any noticable effect. I get the messages saying image is written okay from command prompt but rebooting device or attempting to enter recovery just brings me white htc screen.

I have run getvar cid and got the result htc001, but attempting to reboot using adb gives the result device not found.

this is the info on the hboot screen
****unlocked****
flyer pvt ship s-on
hboot-1.11.0011
microp-0950
radio-3822.10.08.07_m
emmc-boot

A few threads here look promising, but i cant access them to be sure or find the right links, such as finding RUU type etc altho I dont think Im that far along until i can flash and get in to a workable recovery?

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Hi hope you can help.
I have been running my flyer rooted on stock honeycomb with no trouble. I wanted to install Dexters JB18 rom, something went wrong after the install and now i can only access hboot screens, flyer wont boot, and recovery (was cwm with no issues) just brings up htc screen with nothing else.
I have tried flashing several recovery/boot images via fastboot, without any noticable effect. I get the messages saying image is written okay from command prompt but rebooting device or attempting to enter recovery just brings me white htc screen.

I have run getvar cid and got the result htc001, but attempting to reboot using adb gives the result device not found.

this is the info on the hboot screen
****unlocked****
flyer pvt ship s-on
hboot-1.11.0011
microp-0950
radio-3822.10.08.07_m
emmc-boot

A few threads here look promising, but i cant access them to be sure or find the right links, such as finding RUU type etc altho I dont think Im that far along until i can flash and get in to a workable recovery?

tashditdit

Mar 6, 2013
adb driver?

ok, i think my issue is with adb.

with flyer in hboot so options are
fastboot
recovery
factory reset
clear storage
simlock
image crc

when i check device manager, it is listed as ADB interface, expand that and you get 'bootloader interface'

put flyer in fastboot mode, i see
bootloader
reboot reboot bootloader
power down

and the device is gone from device manager completely.

in either mode, when in adb running command 'adb devices' i get nothing, although running commands such as 'fastboot flash boot boot.img/recovery.img i get a success message after writing. 'fastboot reboot' will successfully reboot the device but it still does not boot up or enter recovery when attempted.

am i missing an adb driver or something?

Douglasarah

Mar 23, 2013
Jelly Bean 1.8 No Wifi

I did the Same like you.

The device now boots into Jelly Bean! But i dont have wirless connection. It searches for wifi but dont find nothing.What should i do?

Last edited:

allthedogs

Dec 5, 2009
Where to download DextersJB18?

Hi, right now it's impossible to download DextersJB18 from dev-host, do you know any mirror link? Or kindly upload your saved ROM to other cloud storage? Thanks! :)

krbjmpr

Jan 1, 2008
Spots, Tx
Better late than never...

I have been looking for dexterjb for a while now, thought I would search for it tonight and voila! There it is at
hmm, can't post external links. I could have sworn I was able to before...

?fid=746163614322263502 after androidfilehost.com/

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone