[Q] Anti-theft embedded in ROM

Search This thread

gip_mad

Sep 20, 2007
Hello, I know that there are a lot of anti-theft apps, but from what I understand they are completely useless if the thief restores factory settings, deleting the app. I would like an anti-theft app integrated in the ROM, so it will survive a factory reset and detect a thief, as long as he doesn't flash another ROM! :)
I searched on the net but couldn't find anything on this topic; does anyone know about something like that?
Thanks!

PlusAndroid

Mar 3, 2012
Hello, I know that there are a lot of anti-theft apps, but from what I understand they are completely useless if the thief restores factory settings, deleting the app. I would like an anti-theft app integrated in the ROM, so it will survive a factory reset and detect a thief, as long as he doesn't flash another ROM! :)
I searched on the net but couldn't find anything on this topic; does anyone know about something like that?
Thanks!

There's an anti-theft app which can survive hard reset!
Here is the App.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

greatanjum

Nov 14, 2012
Karachi
Anti Theft App ROM embedded

Thanks!

There is an App called Cerberus anti theft
see website
cerberusapp.com
but it is not free

speed_bot

Jan 18, 2012
Bangalore
Cerebrus installed via recovery will survive the data reset but the app data gets deleted so it loses the purpose of it... The closet alternative is avast its free too.. Btw Cerebrus is cheap
sent from cyanmobile powered Beni

lonyr

Jul 6, 2015
I just want to share my experience on anti theft...
I installed both Avast Antitheft and Prey before I lost it last week. Mine was not rooted. And till now no update. Thief might have wiped off everything. May be if it would have been a system/pre installed app, it would have been trackable.