[Q] Any1 got bios for Teclast x89 dual boot?

Search This thread

pixelgr

Jan 23, 2015
I recently got a teclast x89 win 8.1 but now there is a dual boot version any1 got bios and files so i can try to make it dual boot?
Thanks

aitnog

Dec 12, 2007
Last edited:

sence

Aug 27, 2011
I recently got a teclast x89 win 8.1 but now there is a dual boot version any1 got bios and files so i can try to make it dual boot?
Thanks

Hi mate,if you dont mind, I have got a couple of questions about this tablet...How much battery life you are getting out of this tablet?...I meant the real screen on time.....Does it have thermal issues like X98?.....How is the screen?...Is there any major screen bleeding from the corners?......Also an important question, which emmc brand is fitted inside this tablet?....Biwin or hynix?.....Also if you benchmarked the emmc speed, please share in here.....

I am sorry for all these annoying questions...If you can reply them, it would be a great help for me to make my decision..THanks.

pixelgr

Jan 23, 2015
Teclast x89

Hi mate,if you dont mind, I have got a couple of questions about this tablet...How much battery life you are getting out of this tablet?...I meant the real screen on time.....Does it have thermal issues like X98?.....How is the screen?...Is there any major screen bleeding from the corners?......Also an important question, which emmc brand is fitted inside this tablet?....Biwin or hynix?.....Also if you benchmarked the emmc speed, please share in here.....

I am sorry for all these annoying questions...If you can reply them, it would be a great help for me to make my decision..THanks.

Hi Overall i am very pleased with the tablet especially the price 130 euro.
The tablet runs windows very smooth the screen is awesome no bleeding at all.. at least on x89
The battery life is about 4,5 - 5 hours depending what you do with web browsing and some light games you get definitely 4 hours maybe more however playing hearthstone kills your battery very fast...lets say 3 hours most and it gets a little hot.
I also installed android on it runs very smooth but when i play a game i get a message " throttling brightness due thermal event" but the tablet isn't that hot.
Antutu gives 33162 score

Crystal Disk mark score
sequential: 123.1 MB read 43.58 MB write
Random 512KB: 111.8 MB read 28.27 MB write
Random 4KB: 13.19 MB read 3.796 MB write
Random 4KB QD=32: 14.81 MB read 3.789 MB write
The eMMc is BIWIN

Real Temp temperatures 47-48 Celsius
I managed to get temperatures to 65 degrees Celsius with prime 95 then also run furmark + prime95 and at some point the tablet restarted but i did not notice the temperature.

Tablet quality is perfect for its price.
drawbacks are you can add only 32GB of extension card and the speaker quality isn't that good on full volume.
I hope that helps you decide

Reactions: sence

sence

Aug 27, 2011
The tablet runs windows very smooth the screen is awesome no bleeding at all.. at least on x89
The battery life is about 4,5 - 5 hours depending what you do with web browsing and some light games you get definitely 4 hours maybe more however playing hearthstone kills your battery very fast...lets say 3 hours most and it gets a little hot.
I also installed android on it runs very smooth but when i play a game i get a message " throttling brightness due thermal event" but the tablet isn't that hot.
Antutu gives 33162 score

Crystal Disk mark score
The eMMc is BIWIN

I managed to get temperatures to 65 degrees Celsius with prime 95 then also run furmark + prime95 and at some point the tablet restarted but i did not notice the temperature.

drawbacks are you can add only 32GB of extension card and the speaker quality isn't that good on full volume.

Thank you so much for a detailed reply...Much appreciated.... :good:

aitnog

Dec 12, 2007
Sadly the X89 (E6ED) suffers from the same thermal issues as the larger 10.1 devices (X98 series) - PCB seems to be the same.
For android there is a workaround (root needed). Create the file /etc/install-recovery-2.sh with 0755 rights and the following content:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 400 >/sys/class/drm/card0/gt_min_freq_mhz
echo 400 >/sys/class/drm/card0/gt_max_freq_mhz
GPU will be set to a maximum of 400MHz (default is 646Mhz). So it is slower, but won't overheat. Other/Higher frequencies seem to work as well, but depends on the actual device (550 Mhz eg).

The provided dual boot bios (see chinese forum) is actually from a X98 AIR II. It gives us dual boot but it has battery drain under windows (andorid is okay: standby 2.5 days) (see X98 Air 3G thread)
The original windows only bios had no battery drain.

I have a 64GB Trenscend microSD in my device and no problems. I think even 128Gb should be possible.
The internal speaker is just for system sounds. And the headphone jack doesn't like headphones with microphone (4pin plugs).

Last edited:

pixelgr

Jan 23, 2015
Sadly the X89 (E6ED) suffers from the same thermal issues as the larger 10.1 devices (X98 series) - PCB seems to be the same.
For android there is a workaround (root needed). Create the file /etc/install-recovery-2.sh with 0755 rights and the following content:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 400 >/sys/class/drm/card0/gt_min_freq_mhz
echo 400 >/sys/class/drm/card0/gt_max_freq_mhz
GPU will be set to a maximum of 400MHz (default is 646Mhz). So it is slower, but won't overheat. Other/Higher frequencies seem to work as well, but depends on the actual device (550 Mhz eg).

The provided dual boot bios (see chinese forum) is actually from a X98 AIR II. It gives us dual boot but it has battery drain under windows (andorid is okay: standby 2.5 days) (see X98 Air 3G thread)
The original windows only bios had no battery drain.

Thanks for this tip my friend! :good:

djshorty

Jan 4, 2009
Skopje
Xiaomi Mi 11
Lenovo Legion Y700
dual boot problem?

Hi,
I root my dual boot teclast x89 (E7ED), and everything went great, i was rooted.
But then my problem apear, i can't boot into windows. Menu for selecting which OS to boot, dissapear. I try every single combination of key, but everytime it boots to Android. CAN YOU PLEASE HEEEEELP ME?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

+1
Links dont work.

Sent from my Lenovo K920 using XDA Free mobile app

betunyo

Jun 14, 2013
Hi,
I root my dual boot teclast x89 (E7ED), and everything went great, i was rooted.
But then my problem apear, i can't boot into windows. Menu for selecting which OS to boot, dissapear. I try every single combination of key, but everytime it boots to Android. CAN YOU PLEASE HEEEEELP ME?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

+1
Links dont work.

I faced with a similar problem. After I reseted the windows the tablet always started with windows.
You need the OTG cable and an usb keyboard . Shut down the tablet and turn it on. I don't know wich key you should push, so push the F2, Del or F12 buttons and you will get in to the bios. Choose the boot tab and put at the first place the UEFI Bios. Save and restart.
After the restart you can choose the OS again.

How did you root the tablet?

djshorty

Jan 4, 2009
Skopje
Xiaomi Mi 11
Lenovo Legion Y700
Thanks,
When i enter in bios (del key), i have 3 options:
1. UEFI OS (it boots directly to android)
2. Windows boot manager (it boots directly to win)
3. UEFI: built in EFI shell( it opens shell)

I dont have option dual boot i propably lost it when rooting.
I have option to choos android or windos but only in bios, i dont have that drioid picture to choose os.
Help?

P.s i rooted with toolbox for x98

betunyo

Jun 14, 2013
Thanks,
When i enter in bios (del key), i have 3 options:
1. UEFI OS (it boots directly to android)
2. Windows boot manager (it boots directly to win)
3. UEFI: built in EFI shell( it opens shell)

I dont have option dual boot i propably lost it when rooting.
I have option to choos android or windos but only in bios, i dont have that drioid picture to choose os.
Help?

P.s i rooted with toolbox for x98

Maybe you set as default the Android. I think there is an opportunity to set it, but i'm not sure how. (On the "choose screen" there is 2 option but it is chinese. and i don'tknow how can you unset)

djshorty

Jan 4, 2009
Skopje
Xiaomi Mi 11
Lenovo Legion Y700
Maybe you set as default the Android. I think there is an opportunity to set it, but i'm not sure how. (On the "choose screen" there is 2 option but it is chinese. and i don'tknow how can you unset)
Thants the problem, i dont get "choos screen", when i bought it, there was "choos screen" and you can select win or android, but after root this screen is gone.
If anyone else can help. it will be good. I just bought the tablet, i didnt have time to play :(:(

aitnog

Dec 12, 2007
How long is your standby-time in windows and what does your bios "main"-screen say about your bios version.

i have the old x89 (e6ed) and used the dual boot bios from an air II and it suffers from a massive battery drain

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

what boot options do you have in bios? Mine are

UEFI
UEFI
Windows Manager
Disabled

My boot order is
UEFI
UEFI
Windows Manager

I think one of the UEFI entries is the choose screen and the other one is the adnroid bootloader. Maybe your order got messed up and you should try switching the UEFIs

story

Mar 27, 2006
I mostly work with Windows 8.
If dual boot will accept battery significantly, I shouldn't use it.

I feel the stock image Win 8 has problems. I can't use CMD.

rhs243

Mar 24, 2011
Hello, I recently purchased this tablet and I wanted to reset both the windows and android environments. After having a fresh start with win8, my microvirt setup installer disappeared. I searched for 4 hours on the internet for the setup file, but I had no luck... Can anyone please post that file again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teclast x89

Antutu gives 33162 score

Crystal Disk mark score
    The eMMc is BIWIN

hi guys.

i published a translated guide for flashing the device, adding some other info and links.

hope you found useful.

http://manguiro.blogspot.com/2015/03/guide-teclast-x89-installation-guide.html