[Q] Anyone else have a wobbly/loose home button?

Search This thread

BABABANG

Jun 26, 2010
Anyone else have a somewhat wobbly phone button? Mine just doesn't feel very study, and I can wiggle it if I want to. It's so mildly irritating that it's driving the perfectionist in me insane.

Thinking about getting a replacement.

BBs19

Jul 18, 2012
No it shouldn't be, unfortunately it is. Most devices have this problem, mine has too. I have seen another S6 that had not the Problem, but chances to get a S6 with perfect homebutton is probably very low now.

pnr2020

Jan 29, 2011
gloucestershire
This s6 is turning into a nightmare for me loose button screen brighter at the bottom than the top on dark screens shame really such a great phone

Dark5tar

Sep 25, 2012
Auckland
My GS6 flat in white has this issue too. The left side of the home button rattles a little when tapped on it. Is it normal?

JDM9499

Jul 22, 2010
Is there a video showing the wobble?

There's the exact same amount of movement on both my wife's and my S6. But I'm not certain how much of a wobble is considered a defect. How much wobble is too much wobble? When you hear a noise upon pressing or moving around the device?

I think the home button needs to have a slight wobble to help form to the finger for the fingerprint scanner. If it was so stiff with no wobble or movement, then you user would need to adjust slightly more their finger to get the print just right. But I'm thinking it was designed to have a slight wobble so that it will help conform and read the fingerprint better. Of course I could be wrong, and just speculating.

I'd still be curious to see someone's S6 homebutton wobble. I'd like to compare my wobble with your wobble.

Reactions: Kjc99

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
Xiaomi 13
My white s6 has a loose home button also. I had an edge for a little while so could compare the two. The one on my s6 is loose in comparison. By this I mean if you lightly tap it you can hear it...didn't have this on the edge. I've also noticed that on some occasions when I go to wake the phone up the first press on the home button does not always register.

YSAndroid

Apr 18, 2015

There's the exact same amount of movement on both my wife's and my S6. But I'm not certain how much of a wobble is considered a defect. How much wobble is too much wobble? When you hear a noise upon pressing or moving around the device?

I think the home button needs to have a slight wobble to help form to the finger for the fingerprint scanner. If it was so stiff with no wobble or movement, then you user would need to adjust slightly more their finger to get the print just right. But I'm thinking it was designed to have a slight wobble so that it will help conform and read the fingerprint better. Of course I could be wrong, and just speculating.

I'd still be curious to see someone's S6 homebutton wobble. I'd like to compare my wobble with your wobble.

This is happening to me as well. It really bothers me, I've checked with Note 4 and SGs5, the home button is firm. It doesn't soppuse to be loose as there are many S6 with a firm home button.

Here is a video - m.youtube. com/watch?v=Y5FoWeDGQZ4[/url]

Kjc99

Dec 22, 2012
Anchorage
My white s6 has a loose home button also. I had an edge for a little while so could compare the two. The one on my s6 is loose in comparison. By this I mean if you lightly tap it you can hear it...didn't have this on the edge. I've also noticed that on some occasions when I go to wake the phone up the first press on the home button does not always register.

I returned 2 Galaxy S6 already... 1st had bad signal second had awful home button felt so cheap.
. Im on my 3rd now it's better but I think the rattle is starting to come back... Also when waking the phone with home button first press does nothing... Very strange

darklime

Oct 26, 2013
I think the wobbling is because of the fingerprint scanner but I don't remember it on the other S6's I had. I did try some in the store and it seemed the same. I'm hoping it's normal.

Last edited:

stane37

Jan 31, 2012
I also have the issue. There isn't any wobble on my girlfriends edge, it feels rock solid, it's also a little more extruded from the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.