[Q] Anyone have issues with Bluetooth A2DP?

Search This thread

redstar kachina

Feb 23, 2011
htown
I got my Note 4 yesterday and was trying to connect my car radio (Jvc Kw-V50BT). The phone connected, but when trying to connect the media part of the phone it just doesn't want to connect. I had a LG G2 prior to this phone and it worked fine. I checked JVC and it should work with Bluetooth 2.0 and up. This is baffling my mind right now. I might have to factory reset my phone and try it that way. Any help would be appreciated.

rcobourn

Feb 12, 2009
Works better with my Ford Touch than any phone previously.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Try reseting your radio... not sure how you do that with your model. Make sure you delete the old pairing.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
bt 4.0, which most newer phones have, is very touchy about what it works properly with; I have a bad time trying to stay connected to my vivosmart garmin band, but pairing to my car and plantronics headset works 100% of the time.
my wife has a G3, and has the same issues; some things work 100% of the time, and some others only work occasionally

NotYourAverageNote

Oct 14, 2014
A2DP Issues

I just got my Note 4 yesterday, and am definitely experiencing some (admittedly minor) issues with A2DP in my Honda CR-V EXL 2012.

When playing music over Bluetooth, I experience the infamous "Galaxy S5 intermittent half-second skip". Also, I have noticed that when playing an album or playlist, if the screen on the phone is off the currently playing song information will not update.
For example:
I am listening to "Gimme More" by Britney Spears on the album Blackout.
"Gimme More" ends, and the next track "Piece of Me" comes on.
The car screen will continue to show "Gimme More' unless I use the forward or back buttons from my steering wheel or dashboard to manually change songs.
This causes the screen to update to "Piece of Me"... albeit with a brief delay.

Very odd...

Last edited:

tomwho

Jan 17, 2013
Note 4 note; note, Bluetooth.

I got my Note 4 yesterday and was trying to connect my car radio (Jvc Kw-V50BT). The phone connected, but when trying to connect the media part of the phone it just doesn't want to connect. I had a LG G2 prior to this phone and it worked fine. I checked JVC and it should work with Bluetooth 2.0 and up. This is baffling my mind right now. I might have to factory reset my phone and try it that way. Any help would be appreciated.

This may not help but.. Got my Note 4 four days ago; had the Note 3. 3 Had 0 problems with Bluetooth; 30 ft. through walls, drops rare, auto connected to my car while I was in the house. Note 4 range 15 feet,, constant drops and fails to connect. Hoping to get another 3 or 4 from T-mobile but that has not happened yet. I'm good carrying both. The 4 makes calls (although the speaker is a downgrade. The 3 connects to all my stuff. just like the old days at work. :fingers-crossed:

Karakoram2

May 7, 2011
This is what I'm using. No issues.

Attachments

• 1419668092389.jpg
    1419668092389.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 232

Karakoram2

May 7, 2011
It's not super new. Just a decent deck. But, the rule is the newer the better with flagship phones:

Attachments

• 1419668157734.jpg
    1419668157734.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 174

drocksmash

Sep 24, 2010
Not sure if this is related or not - I have an open thread about blue tooth streaming issues with my car...
What I have found so far -

My car (2012 Subaru STi) has two methods to pair a blue tooth device... entering the setup through the steering wheel is the only way to save a device for auto connect and play, entering the setup through the head unit lets you save and select a phone to pair, but you must select pair each time you get into the car. If you do option #2, I have the call audio and media boxes always unchecked. - see if your car has a different method for primary user/secondary user blue tooth set up

and secondly, my main issue was that while listening to spotify my radio head unit would say BT-Audio Paused out of nowhere, when in fact, the spotify track still shows playing and the song is progressing.
after lots of troubleshooting I think this may be an issue to spotify itself and not my phone (I am now testing Pandora/other streaming media to see if they do the same interment freeze/odd stuff)

drjosephkim

Jan 28, 2015
I've also been having problems with Bluetooth devices connected to my Note 4. Previously, I had been using an iPhone 6 and I didn't have any issues with these devices. Now, I'm experiencing connection problems with my Jawbone UP24, my Plantronics headset, or my Jaybird stereo earbuds, and other devices. Once I reboot my Note 4, the BT connection is usually back. But, sometimes I have problems even after I've rebooted the Note 4. If I power cycle my BT peripheral, I'm usually OK as well.

So - my question is: could it be possible that some of my Bluetooth peripherals (like my Jawbone UP24) may be causing some type of interference? Or, do I have faulty hardware?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problems here I use my Ford touch and everything is fine