[Q] Anyone interested in LG Tribute development?

Search This thread

dr.faramroze

Oct 28, 2009
Valsad/Mumbai
ROOT/TWRP/Unlock native hotspot for Verizon LG Transpyre VS810pp

Root is achieved on the Transpyre by kingroot_global.apk from kingroot.net. Use selinux= permissive for complete root with system write protection OFF. Twrp is ported from LG Tribute LS660. TWRP can be downloaded and flashed by flashfire/flashify.
TWRP Link here:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/hpheab3gkg9jd4b/Transpyre_TWRP-20161110-1310.img

Native hostpot activation bypass:- (works even after factory reset)
1. After root, edit the following lines using root explorer.apk or something similar
ro.horizontalSSO= true to false
ro.afwdata.LGfeatureset=GLOBALBASE
2. Save and exit build.prop
3. replace HotspotProvision.apk in system/priv app folder with the attached HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk, rename it to HotspotProvision.apk, make permissions 0644 (rw-r-r-).
4. Reboot and hotspot is permanently unlocked for CDMA sim card.

for diag menu:
##PROGRAM810, call, enter MSL=000000, goto port test and enable it

Additional 4G LTE bands cannot be added with 6828/6829 tweaks because the RF NV LTE values of all other LTE bands are 0. I do have a solution to start Band 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 20, 38, 39, 40, 41. I have full complete backups of all stock partitions including efs and qcn.

Attachments

• HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
  • screenshot-2016-11-10-014122.png
    screenshot-2016-11-10-014122.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 129
  • screenshot-2016-11-10-014219.jpg
    screenshot-2016-11-10-014219.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 132
  • screenshot-2016-11-10-014314.png
    screenshot-2016-11-10-014314.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Reactions: shouffrey

EricBlade

Oct 17, 2011
Not to bring up old dead threads.. but .. i need to lol.

I just got around to installing CM12 on this phone .. I tried 12.1 first, and that didn't work (display and touchscreen didn't work right), so I went to 12.0, and that seems to be working fine ... but, my device seems to have lost it's serial number. The serial number that is on the phone no longer matches the record on RingPlus, and RingPlus can't activate the serial number that is on the phone now.

How can I get this back? Of course, I didn't make a complete device backup, I presumed that things like that would be written in a place that isn't modifiable.. lol

although I do have the numbers available to me if needed.

EricBlade

Oct 17, 2011
perhaps last try for some help before i just go back to stock and give it up :)

CM12 installed and working now -- screen will not stay shut off - every time it hits the display timeout, or if i press power, the phone vibrates a tiny bit, and then powers back on. It's also rebooting extremely frequently by itself.

:(

Code:
I/PowerManagerService(  794): Going to sleep due to power button (uid 1000)...
I/PowerManagerService(  794): Sleeping (uid 1000)...
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_wait_for_response: timeout=1000
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_sensor1_data_cb: msg_type 1, Sn 0, msg Id 33, txn Id 0
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_process_smgr_resp: 33
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_wait_for_response: timeout=1000
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_sensor1_data_cb: msg_type 1, Sn 27, msg Id 0, txn Id 47
D/qcom_sensors_hal(  794): hal_sensor1_data_cb: msg_type 1, Sn 27, msg Id 2, txn Id 0
D/audio_hw_primary( 1736): adev_set_parameters: enter: screen_state=off
E/audio_a2dp_hw( 1736): adev_set_parameters: ERROR: set param called even when stream out is null
E/native  (  794): do suspend true
D/SurfaceFlinger(  242): Set power mode=0, type=0 flinger=0xb8dd75e0
I/DisplayManagerService(  794): Display device changed: DisplayDeviceInfo{"Built-in Screen": 480 x 800, 60.0 fps, supportedRefreshRates [60.0], density 240, 206.644 x 207.346 dpi, appVsyncOff 0, presDeadline 17666667, touch INTERNAL, rotation 0, type BUILT_IN, state OFF, FLAG_DEFAULT_DISPLAY, FLAG_ROTATES_WITH_CONTENT, FLAG_SECURE, FLAG_SUPPORTS_PROTECTED_BUFFERS}
D/qdhwcomposer(  242): hwc_setPowerMode: Setting mode 0 on display: 0
V/ActivityManager(  794): Display changed displayId=0
D/qdhwcomposer(  242): hwc_setPowerMode: Done setting mode 0 on display 0
D/SurfaceControl(  794): Excessive delay in setPowerMode(): 337ms
I/QCOM PowerHAL(  794): Got set_interactive hint
I/PowerManagerService(  794): Waking up from sleep (uid 1000)...
V/KeyguardServiceDelegate(  794): onScreenTurnedOn(showListener = [email protected])
I/DisplayPowerController(  794): Blocking screen on until initial contents have been drawn.
I/QCOM PowerHAL(  794): Got set_interactive hint

Last edited:

GNBrews

Apr 4, 2013
is it possible to root lg tribute HD from boost mobile? BB has it for $20 only

Re: $20 Boost Mobile LG Tribute from Best Buy: I attempted the instructions from earlier in the thread, but receive an error during the last step, "Hello, my name is laf nice to meet you". I assume the sh command is not being recognized.

Last edited:

itisdieter

Nov 16, 2015
I'd like to see some activity on the LS676.

Heck I cannot even find a stock bootloader on the darn thing.

I've tried all the button combinations and adb reboot bootloader and it always boots to live mode.

No Kingroot for me, I do not trust that app. Is there any other method that works on these phones?

Last edited:

mrhoque

Feb 6, 2015
This phone has unlocked boot loader. Anybody tried to root with TWRP recovery and installing super su?

matrx10503

Feb 3, 2010
La
OnePlus 8
This phone has unlocked boot loader. Anybody tried to root with TWRP recovery and installing super su?

What is everybody wondering about??
I have LG Tribute 4g Virgin Mobile.
I am rooted and have TWRP installed. Have made a stock backup and have CM12 running now. (Note: At first LG One Click root method did not work for me only because it could not properly restart my phone in download mode to finish pushing SU.
So I manually did it (you can use the script or adb commands if youre tech savvy), manually restarted in download mode, then it rooted and pushed SU as normal.

There are multiple threads on here (xda) and AD Forums (even moreso development) regarding rooting/twrp/cm12. Unjustified Dev was the champion of this device.

gpkumaran

Mar 19, 2010
Mayiladuthurai
Root is achieved on the Transpyre by kingroot_global.apk from kingroot.net. Use selinux= permissive for complete root with system write protection OFF. Twrp is ported from LG Tribute LS660. TWRP can be downloaded and flashed by flashfire/flashify.
TWRP Link here:- http://www.mediafire.com/file/hpheab3gkg9jd4b/Transpyre_TWRP-20161110-1310.img

Native hostpot activation bypass:- (works even after factory reset)
1. After root, edit the following lines using root explorer.apk or something similar
ro.horizontalSSO= true to false
ro.afwdata.LGfeatureset=GLOBALBASE
2. Save and exit build.prop
3. replace HotspotProvision.apk in system/priv app folder with the attached HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk, rename it to HotspotProvision.apk, make permissions 0644 (rw-r-r-).
4. Reboot and hotspot is permanently unlocked for CDMA sim card.

for diag menu:
##PROGRAM810, call, enter MSL=000000, goto port test and enable it

Additional 4G LTE bands cannot be added with 6828/6829 tweaks because the RF NV LTE values of all other LTE bands are 0. I do have a solution to start Band 1, 3, 5, 8, 9, 20, 38, 39, 40, 41. I have full complete backups of all stock partitions including efs and qcn.

Such band unlocking is possible in tribute sir? If so please help by telling the process. Thank you

michaelvue

Mar 2, 2017
Anyone knows how to enable roaming on gsm or just force roam in general? Sprint 4G LTE is barely usable in my area, but all the GSM and Verizon 4G works in my area. Roam Control doesn't work I tried. I also like to know how to enable more than 8 devices with wifi hotspot.

Last edited:

monogwai

Jun 3, 2016
Bump this guy right here. Just revived this ls660 for a temporary phone for a family member. Would love some marshmallows...

puzzimassa

Feb 10, 2017
Hello to all, i am writing this to inform you all that i have successfully gotten into fastboot, used it to unlock the bootloader and then i flashed twrp and now im going to either finish a cm build for it(formally lineage now) or flash a modded rom to it. Just wanted to let everyone know you can still make an old phone great and I did all this in the last hour.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Follow the new guide here
    That's fantastic! So a fully functional CM12 is now possible?
    We don't have any new device firmware to work with it so it will be a hacky mixture of KitKat device proprietary drivers. I think the camera will continue to be broken until we get an update to L where I can pull a newer blob from. I'm no longer alone on this project either have a cm dev working with us now so I'm sure together they can figure it out.

Sent from my LGMS395
    if anyone is still having issues with the fastboot drivers, i've attached them here. Unjustified Dev, feel free to include these drivers with your guide, they are what worked for me.
    since this seems like the only really active thread about the tribute, I'll post this tip here. it's a bit off topic but I think anyone looking for root would probably want to know about this.

the display on our phone is nice, bit not the best resolution. we can fix that in adb though, without root. connect your phone and open adb shell, then type:

wm size 540x900

now reboot your phone. don't worry if things don't look right, you just need a reboot. also you might notice some really minor glitches in the startup and shutdown animations, although they are very brief and don't affect anything. don't play around with the density or overscan settings, they both cause problems.

if you don't like the results, you can easily switch back by opening adb shell and typing:

wm size reset

that's it! and yes, these changes survive a reboot. personally I think the amount of screen real estate you gain is noticeably significant, and I've been using the phone like this for a week now and haven't had any problems to speak of.

one thing I did just notice, as I was writing this post, is that you will lose the capability of taking screenshots for some reason.. you have to reset to stock resolution to take a screenshot and this I cannot share any images with you.

if you're curious about changing around to other sizes, you shouldn't be able to screw anything up, as long as you have adb access. this might also work in terminal emulator but I haven't tried it.

any questions before you try this yourself? ask away! personally, I am loving this and everything is still smooth and beautiful!