[Q] Anyone Tried this? GOLD 1930mAH BATTERY JAPAN

Search This thread

xExisioNx

Sep 23, 2010
Just wanted to say i would be carefull to use any ebay batteries.
I got a extra battery 1500 mah with a sgs package i bought.

So wanted to try the battery, put it in the phone and turned phone on, worked and it had 25% or so, so i put it in the charger and 2 hours later i came to see my screen messed up, lots of white and black lines , looked so horrible i tought my screen was ****ed. Luckely when i put my original battery back , the phone did actually boot up and the screen works fine :D. Won't ever try a cheap ebay battery again :p

D0cStrange

Apr 7, 2009
Brussel

So wanted to try the battery, put it in the phone and turned phone on, worked and it had 25% or so, so i put it in the charger and 2 hours later i came to see my screen messed up, lots of white and black lines , looked so horrible i tought my screen was ****ed. Luckely when i put my original battery back , the phone did actually boot up and the screen works fine :D. Won't ever try a cheap ebay battery again :p

Chinese Ghost haunted the battery? :D

Reactions: sambwel

xxgg

Jul 10, 2009
Toronto
For those with a hobby grade battery charger/discharger can monitor and control the battery charge/discharge.

qavro

Apr 1, 2010
i have quite an advanced charger here, just wait for my piece of cra... battery to come.

EmAzY

Oct 14, 2010
Thanks for the great warning!

PhoenixFx

Dec 1, 2006
Text on the battery is indeed japanese.
Only on the front which says lithium ion battery
But warning on the back doest have Japanese, I believe the last line is Korean (not sure though, but certainly NOT Japanese). Very unlikely that the'd skip the warning label. IMO not a true Japanese made battery.

I'm pretty sure these are made at some backyard shed in china with a label printing machine :p

Last edited:

Chima

May 28, 2010
Anyone has tested the battery yet?

It says “High capacity Li-Ion polymer” ;) And last line on the rear side is indeed Korean, but they are all the same ‘suggestion’ in different languages, so not doubts there. But it really does not look like Japanese made anyway :)

From my experience, at very least they have to put working voltage there, like 3.7V, and couple of warnings like ‘do not short the contacts’ etc. Also simple search on the net points it out that Japanese typically call this type of battery ‘battery pack’, which again does not appear on the battery.

So my guess is also - pure Chinese battery ;) Anyway still curious about test results!

Ah-Wing

Jul 6, 2007
Only on the front which says lithium ion battery
But warning on the back doest have Japanese, I believe the last line is Korean (not sure though, but certainly NOT Japanese). Very unlikely that the'd skip the warning label. IMO not a true Japanese made battery.

I'm pretty sure these are made at some backyard shed in china with a label printing machine :p
It is Korean as you have said.

Shocky2

Sep 30, 2010
Cardiff
Bought one of these a few weeks back, works but doesnt last very long, after taking the cover thing off the writing is mostly worn away but in the right light it looks more like 1000 mAH.

Barely readable though.

Reactions: oliver005

X1pheR

Feb 11, 2011
Hoorn
are there any batteries for sale that are actually better then the stock one with the same size? from what I've seen after searching I'd say not but you never know...

tubinator

Feb 14, 2011
Third party replacement battery

are there any batteries for sale that are actually better then the stock one with the same size? from what I've seen after searching I'd say not but you never know...

I´ve got one which I´m very happy with!!
Got it from eBay Germany. Search for "PolarCell i9000"! The name of the seller is "Wannsee-Electronic". You can email him (in English as well!). The price is 12,90€ incl. shipping to all over Europe!! You have to ask for worldwide shipping prices.
I opened a thread in the DarkyROM forum about this battery. Lots of feedback from happy users there...:D

(I´m not allowed to post links yet. my first post here ;-)!!)

Top Liked Posts