[Q] Anyone who has made a boot animation with sound willing to help plz?

Search This thread

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
Hey so i wanted to make a boot animation, i have made it work on my phone but i need help addingthe sound and need minor helpon the boit animationits self. I am making the Marvel boot when it flips threw the comics. If you are good at making boit animations and or can add sound can u plz help me?

IS NOW OUT!! :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=18404109#post18404109

Last edited:

lieutenantsword

Mar 23, 2011
Flint, TX
If you're using a ROM that supports bootanimation.zip (or sanim.zip, for that matter), in your System/media/audio/ui folder, you'll find a bunch of .ogg files. Basically, they're converted .wav files (from what I understand). Anyway, there's one in there called (and I may be wrong on this, but it's something along the lines of) SystemTurnOn.ogg -- it MAY be a wav file, but it's named something like SystemTurnOn or SystemOn (can't remember which off the top of my head).

All you need to do is replace that file with one of your own and it should run on startup. Long story short, the sound on a bootanimation is separate from the bootanimation itself.

Hope this helps (and is at least a little understandable).