• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [Q] aosp/linegae based rom that didnt have bluetooth delay

Search This thread
can anyone suggest any aosp/lineage based rom that didnt have bluetooh delay , i had tried crdroid , but it had huge delay on bluetooth earbuds especially when playing gamed , unlike miui based that only had tiny unnoticable delay.
The delay/latency is entirely depended on what BT Audio Codec is supported by both the phone and the BT Audio device (unless there's something wrong with the ROM).
"AptX" is recommended. Your BT Audio device may have its own app and a setting called something like "Gaming Mode", which would reduce latency.
Behind the Gaming Mode would basically be "AptX Low Latency" or AptX LL.

If you don't have such settings in your earbuds' corresponding app, and nothing is Bluetooth Settings, you can try and check the Developer Options and try and force a Codec..

AOSP ROMs can have random bugs, so the big delay may be just from that ROM. ^^

lawong

Sep 23, 2010
Huawei P40 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
The delay/latency is entirely depended on what BT Audio Codec is supported by both the phone and the BT Audio device (unless there's something wrong with the ROM).
"AptX" is recommended. Your BT Audio device may have its own app and a setting called something like "Gaming Mode", which would reduce latency.
Behind the Gaming Mode would basically be "AptX Low Latency" or AptX LL.

If you don't have such settings in your earbuds' corresponding app, and nothing is Bluetooth Settings, you can try and check the Developer Options and try and force a Codec..

AOSP ROMs can have random bugs, so the big delay may be just from that ROM. ^^
my earbuds had that gaming mode option , but the problem is when using aosp based it still had huge amount of delay.
had tried switching different codec from developer option but nothing works. i dont know if any other aosp based rom had that delay or not because i had only tried crdroid and one more aosp based which i forgot which one LoL!

my earbuds had that gaming mode option , but the problem is when using aosp based it still had huge amount of delay.
had tried switching different codec from developer option but nothing works. i dont know if any other aosp based rom had that delay or not because i had only tried crdroid and one more aosp based which i forgot which one LoL!
Hm. In that case I'd do a backup and try an older version of crDroid or a different AOSP..,..,,,.,,..,,,,,,.,,..,,