• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] AOSPA black screen issue on find 7 QHD

Search This thread

mestermagyar

Jul 9, 2014
I just installed the 4.4.2 of AOSP which in theory supports find 7 QHD. There is a bug like in cyanogen mod (i just read that there is), that after unlocking the phone, the screen stays black after turned on. Everything operates in the background, as i hear the unlock and feel vibration if pressing a button.

Is there a solution for that?

Doomboss

Jul 17, 2012
All the CM11 based ROM has the black screen issue. Only Gummy ROM doesn't at the moment. I'm not discouraging anyone to use CM11, but for now, use Gummy ROM if you really don't want to use ColorOS and also don't want the black screen issue.

rroohh93

Feb 5, 2013
San Diego
Problem Fixed!

I just installed the 4.4.2 of AOSP which in theory supports find 7 QHD. There is a bug like in cyanogen mod (i just read that there is), that after unlocking the phone, the screen stays black after turned on. Everything operates in the background, as i hear the unlock and feel vibration if pressing a button.

Is there a solution for that?

So CM pushed some fixes to address this black screen issue, a friend of mine already compiled them into a kernel, this kernel is compatible with any CM based ROM like PA or Cyanogen.

Just flash it and goodbye to black screen issue.

http: // aospal.hostingsharedbox. com/ayysir/find7/ kernel/ParanoidAndroid-find7-kernel-signed. zip