[Q] Arc camera often not available

rein_hiryu

Aug 12, 2010
West Jakarta
Hi all, I've got my Arc for two weeks, it seems that sometimes the camera is not available when I launch the application. It always happen when the accelerometer doesn't work. It works fine again when I reboot the phone.
Anyone else got this issue? Do I have to repair via SEUS or there is another way around?
Thanks

LiveSquare

Aug 26, 2010
Singapore
Hi all, I've got my Arc for two weeks, it seems that sometimes the camera is not available when I launch the application. It always happen when the accelerometer doesn't work. It works fine again when I reboot the phone.
Anyone else got this issue? Do I have to repair via SEUS or there is another way around?
Thanks
Nope, I used the camera many times and not even once I saw this issue. It's best to do a repair firmware to rule out that it's not a software issue. Once done and you are facing the problem, then it could be the hardware faulty and you need to bring the phone to service centre for repair.

rein_hiryu

Aug 12, 2010
West Jakarta
Nope, I used the camera many times and not even once I saw this issue. It's best to do a repair firmware to rule out that it's not a software issue. Once done and you are facing the problem, then it could be the hardware faulty and you need to bring the phone to service centre for repair.
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try to repair using SEUS first, hopes it will work

ozjay1

Apr 17, 2011
Melbourne
Thanks
I am having exactly the same issue. Had phone 2 days now and many unstable aspects from day 1 and ongoing.

Camera is sometimes 'not available' - interestingly at the same time other things don't work such as the accelerometer.

Phone reboots randomly by itself including during phone calls.

Items downloaded from market disappear .

I am returning it and hoping for a replacement as I do not want a 'repaired' phone after paying so much.

Also should note I have made no changes to the phone at all - this is 'as delivered'

Philbur

Apr 27, 2009
I had this happen a couple of times. When it does I just go to the app manager and force stop the camera app. It should work again after that.

ozjay1

Apr 17, 2011
Melbourne
I had this happen a couple of times. When it does I just go to the app manager and force stop the camera app. It should work again after that.
Thanks - Your problem must be different, as this solution does not work for me.The app manager does not show the camera as running, so no force close option is available.

Only way to get the camera to function when the phone is in this 'camera not available' mode is to reboot. Every time the camera is not available the accelerometer stops working as well - again a reboot is required to fix this

raudidroid

Apr 29, 2009
for me it's just the shutter button

never had this problem

but my camera doesn't activate when i press the shutter.

any ideas?

ps: i have vignette demo and fxcamera installed

pps: the arc camera is brilliantly EXCELLENT (coming from a G1)

ppps: the shutter button is terribly stiff

shtreber

May 21, 2011
I am having exactly the same issue. Had phone 2 days now and many unstable aspects from day 1 and ongoing.

Camera is sometimes 'not available' - interestingly at the same time other things don't work such as the accelerometer.

Phone reboots randomly by itself including during phone calls.

Items downloaded from market disappear .

I am returning it and hoping for a replacement as I do not want a 'repaired' phone after paying so much.

Also should note I have made no changes to the phone at all - this is 'as delivered'

Camera stays on after been used, i think its not possible to quit it with adv task killer, so i downloaded app "fast reboot pro" so test it when u get it back, and it also works with apps, i have seen that issue few times, just click to reboot and it will be good. :)

D-jack

Aug 17, 2009
just a thought or two..
have you try resetting or calibrating those sensor?
or do you have any app that totally disabled rotation (not just simple rotate toogle)?