[Q] assert failed getprop ro.product.device

Search This thread

startherecca

Jan 1, 2012
Pune
I have SE X Play with Doomkernel with android 2.3.4 and build no .42 and baseband version -56.
When i try to flash Darkforest RC2 rom via recovery i get following error.

asset failed: getprop ro. product. device

I have ClockWorkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 installed

Please help me

YES I AM A NOOB :confused:

startherecca

Jan 1, 2012
Pune
stock rom??

Sorry for stupid question but what exactly is a stock rom? I mean my play shipped with android 2.3.2, then i got 2.3.4 on OTA update.
So to install this rom i shoud go back to 2.3.2??
Also where to find stock roms for X play? I searched android dev forum but could only find latest firmwares.

Could you please provide a link for stock rom

Thanks in advance.:D

startherecca

Jan 1, 2012
Pune
Either flash a stock rom first or open the .zip, find the update script and delete the get prop line :p

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

I deleted the following from the update script.

HTML:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800i" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800a" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800at" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "zeus");

Now when i try to flash via recovery again installation is aborted. No getprop error btw :p Just following error.

opening package..

installation aborted.

Help me out someone

Oct 10, 2011

HTML:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800i" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800i" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800a" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800a" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "R800at" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "R800at" || 
       getprop("ro.product.device") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "zeus" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "zeus");

Now when i try to flash via recovery again installation is aborted. No getprop error btw :p Just following error.

opening package..

installation aborted.

Help me out someone

I'm having the same problem on my r800x. Some help would be greatly appreciated! :D

I just recently unlocked my bootloader, and I can still flash kernels in fastboot. It's just that every time I try to install a custom rom I get either the Status 7 "getprop." error, or when I remove the .prop lines from the update script I get installation aborted. I also can not get into recovery from any of the custom kernels. I have had to boot into CWM using fastboot every time.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester

HTML:

opening package..

installation aborted.

Help me out someone

What did you use to edit the update script? Try notepad+ if you use windows, the script has to be formatted for linux.

Oct 10, 2011
Just to clarify that I think he meant use notepad++ the + wasn't a typo. So don't use notepad but instead use notepad + +

I know. :p Still doesn't work.

EDIT: I fixed it! Not only do you need notepad++, but you also have to EDIT the archive and not extract it then re-zip it. The archive software I had (PeaZip) wouldn't let me do this so I had to install 7zip. I'm uploading my edited update.zip for r800x's (based on fxp054) right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: joker_of_the_deck

fma965

Nov 20, 2011
cyanlabs.net

EDIT: I fixed it! Not only do you need notepad++, but you also have to EDIT the archive and not extract it then re-zip it. The archive software I had (PeaZip) wouldn't let me do this so I had to install 7zip. I'm uploading my edited update.zip for r800x's (based on fxp054) right now.
um is this for a update.zip yh? i always extract them and repack them and it works fine. although this was on my old phone. are you sure you didn't do something different?

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
um is this for a update.zip yh? i always extract them and repack them and it works fine. although this was on my old phone. are you sure you didn't do something different?

Sorry your right i did mean notepad++ :rolleyes: there should be no issue unpacking the rom, as long as you repack it as a .zip, i use winrar and never had issues :)

Oct 10, 2011
Sorry your right i did mean notepad++ :rolleyes: there should be no issue unpacking the rom, as long as you repack it as a .zip, i use winrar and never had issues :)

When I made .zip archives with PeaZip they never worked. I had also tried previously with the archiving utility IZArc to no avail. I installed 7zip and after making the .zip using that it fixed the problem. I'm just saying that may help for some who have has the same problems as me. Particularly with the r800x users. The .zip I put on my other post (and now this one --- in the reason for editing) has all the .prop lines removed from the update script and should work for anybody who has a r800x with an unlocked bootloader (providing you've installed the custom kernel, of course).

Last edited:

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
When I made .zip archives with PeaZip they never worked. I had also tried previously with the archiving utility IZArc to no avail. I installed 7zip and after making the .zip using that it fixed the problem. I'm just saying that may help for some who have has the same problems as me. Particularly with the r800x users. The .zip I put on my other post (and now this one --- in the reason for editing) has all the .prop lines removed from the update script and should work for anybody who has a r800x with an unlocked bootloader (providing you've installed the custom kernel, of course).

Cool nice work :D

andrewhaining

Jul 22, 2012

HTML:

opening package..

installation aborted.

Help me out someone

I am having the same issue on my Xperia Arc, where can i find the update script to remove the equivalent lines?

Thanks

Andrew

manandkeyboard

Feb 18, 2014
Do not do this!

I am not sure how other people are having success with this suggestion, but please do not do it. This code must be doing a proper check because I followed the advice and removed the assert. Next thing you know the installation proceeded and messed up. I hard bricked my phone. Yes hard brick, not a soft brick that you can recover from, the hard brick that makes your phone a brick. Just a warning.

HTML:

opening package..

installation aborted.

Help me out someone

CriGiu

Apr 6, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
It searches for specific lines onto build.prop, but having that check after wiping /system, and so erasing your build.prop will result into an error. Deleting those lines in the updater-script will only let you skip that check, but there's no way to brick unless you flash a rom that wasn't meant for your phone or a different kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Either flash a stock rom first or open the .zip, find the update script and delete the get prop line :p

Just to clarify that I think he meant use notepad++ the + wasn't a typo. So don't use notepad but instead use notepad + +