[Q] AT&T i747 android 4.3 [How to root?]

Search This thread

Farahjr

Dec 7, 2013
Ok what i want? Root my fresh updated i747 4.3. The problem is

1- I'm brazilian and i'm not really used with the english language, even more whn it's about technical language so my apologies if there is already a thread for this or if i'm stupidly ignorant to not know how to do this.

2.I have been reading everything i could since yesterday morning so i could upgrade afeter several hours my 4.04 android to 4.3 but i was expecting to think about root after i reach the 4.3. But i didn't know about the Knox and SELinux.

3. I have read this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498233 but i don't know much about kernel and modem this part I simply do wath de developers says but wintill this point i coundn't understand afeter various re-readings if i need/should downgrade to 4.0.4 and start all over again researching about how to do all this flash thing with kernel, modem and room or i can try and update via recovery and do all the steps listed on the thread.

4This far i got mey phone all stocked.....stock rom, stock recovery stock kernel and modem.

5I have experienced rooting SII lite and Galaxy 5 but never had to face a more newwer device and so complicated or without tutorials to get rooted.

6. Sorry again for whatever.......
@edit i don't care about those security features and now i have just rooted with the Knox and SELinux. giving me an error about Super User.

Last edited:
Reactions: VICIOUSVIC1

irod530

Jul 10, 2012
Try this post!

try this post: > AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus Samsung Galaxy S III > AT&T Galaxy S III General > |Guide|How-To| Root & Install Custom Recovery for 4.3 Update |22 Nov 2013|

Method #1 worked for me :laugh:

Good luck!

galaxy s3 I747

Farahjr

Dec 7, 2013
try this post: > AT&T, Rogers, Bell, Telus Samsung Galaxy S III > AT&T Galaxy S III General > |Guide|How-To| Root & Install Custom Recovery for 4.3 Update |22 Nov 2013|

Method #1 worked for me :laugh:

Method 1 rooted my phone but i got the super user security message error as i expected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-07-17-08-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-07-17-08-18.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 127

Farahjr

Dec 7, 2013
As I said sorry before....sorry again. I just updated the SU and it self has bloqued the Knox thanks for the help!

CYRAXDroid

Jun 9, 2011
Also just in case what version you have like for example I have a i747UCUEMJB and the UCUEMJB is the bootloader not to throw you off. Some roms even though they say 4.3/4.4 just make sure you know what your doing in terms of the bootloader just never down grade your loaders of you updated to 4.3 it can really mess the phone up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Also this could help understand what I'm talking about http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555686

Farahjr

Dec 7, 2013
Also just in case what version you have like for example I have a i747UCUEMJB and the UCUEMJB is the bootloader not to throw you off. Some roms even though they say 4.3/4.4 just make sure you know what your doing in terms of the bootloader just never down grade your loaders of you updated to 4.3 it can really mess the phone up.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Also this could help understand what I'm talking about http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2555686

Really thanks,

I don't know much about the loaders but right now i'm gonna put it back on the stock rom 4.0.4 as says on the tutorial i followed above. Is there any problem?

Farahjr

Dec 7, 2013
Wait did you already update to 4.3? If so then don't try to downgrade your phone will get bricked.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Sorry i tried to edit the last post but as a newbie on the forum i can't spam so I forgot editing again!!!!

I already noticed in one of the links mentioned on this thread that i can't downgrade.

Really sad.

Thanks to you all!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok what i want? Root my fresh updated i747 4.3. The problem is

1- I'm brazilian and i'm not really used with the english language, even more whn it's about technical language so my apologies if there is already a thread for this or if i'm stupidly ignorant to not know how to do this.

2.I have been reading everything i could since yesterday morning so i could upgrade afeter several hours my 4.04 android to 4.3 but i was expecting to think about root after i reach the 4.3. But i didn't know about the Knox and SELinux.

3. I have read this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2498233 but i don't know much about kernel and modem this part I simply do wath de developers says but wintill this point i coundn't understand afeter various re-readings if i need/should downgrade to 4.0.4 and start all over again researching about how to do all this flash thing with kernel, modem and room or i can try and update via recovery and do all the steps listed on the thread.

4This far i got mey phone all stocked.....stock rom, stock recovery stock kernel and modem.

5I have experienced rooting SII lite and Galaxy 5 but never had to face a more newwer device and so complicated or without tutorials to get rooted.

6. Sorry again for whatever.......
    @edit i don't care about those security features and now i have just rooted with the Knox and SELinux. giving me an error about Super User.