[Q] AT&T LG G3 Quick Circle Wireless Charging Case Problem

Search This thread

svenb352

Nov 10, 2012
hello everyone. I'm hoping you can help me. I have an LG g3 for AT&T. I bought the quick circle wireless charging case and the Duracell Powermat charger. It worked fine for 2 days but all of a sudden stopped working. I went into the store with all of the accessories and we tried it on two different powermats. It did not work at all. We tried other wireless phones with charging capabilities on both Powermats and it worked fine. They were out of stock on the case, order me a replacement, it came in today and I went to the store to pick it up. I tested it at the store and it still didn't work. Something is wrong with my phone's wireless charging capability. Has anyone else had this issue with wireless charging on the at&tq G 3? Before I return the phone for another one, meaning because its been longer than 14 days I have to actually have a new one mailed it to me and then have a new screen protector put on, a reset up the phone, etc. I want to make sure its not some setting I'm missing or something else I'm not thinking of. Any help you can provide is most appreciated. Thank you very much.

svenb352

Nov 10, 2012
Bump and Update

hello everyone. I'm hoping you can help me. I have an LG g3 for AT&T. I bought the quick circle wireless charging case and the Duracell Powermat charger. It worked fine for 2 days but all of a sudden stopped working. I went into the store with all of the accessories and we tried it on two different powermats. It did not work at all. We tried other wireless phones with charging capabilities on both Powermats and it worked fine. They were out of stock on the case, order me a replacement, it came in today and I went to the store to pick it up. I tested it at the store and it still didn't work. Something is wrong with my phone's wireless charging capability. Has anyone else had this issue with wireless charging on the at&tq G 3? Before I return the phone for another one, meaning because its been longer than 14 days I have to actually have a new one mailed it to me and then have a new screen protector put on, a reset up the phone, etc. I want to make sure its not some setting I'm missing or something else I'm not thinking of. Any help you can provide is most appreciated. Thank you very much.

Ok so, a bump as nobody has replied yet, but second here is an update.

After battling with AT&T for a few days about getting an exchange (they wanted me to send it in to their device center, blah blah) they agreed to give me a brand new one in the store. I went in, swapped the device, tested it with the case, low and behold it worked perfectly. No problems at all. I went and got a new Zagg Glass shield put on at Best Buy, went home, all was fine. LG has a built in back up / restore service that saves to the SD card so honestly it wasn't a totally awful experience getting it all reset up.

Anyway, we are now three days later and last night I put it on the charger, it worked fine. I got up this morning, no charging happening. It is at 90% battery. What the hell? I rebooted, cleared cache, removed backplate and battery, unplugged/replugged in the wireless charging plate - nada. It doesn't charge wirelessly anymore. Charging directly works fine.

I think it's time to call LG because this is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I am using a PMA wireless charging plate purchased from AT&T. I am using an LG branded quick circle wireless folio case. I have not rooted, haven't messed with anything, etc. I am using on a protected power surge power strip. I don't know what else it could be, but something is frying the contacts in the phone and negating the wireless charging ability :eek:(.

gastaman

Jan 24, 2012
I've also experienced this. On my second phone now. Thankfully, I was still within my 14 days with Best Buy and was able to exchange the first phone hassle free. Best believe, though, that when I exchanged it, I put the Best Buy Geek Squad protection on the phone. I got lucky this time, was 12 days into owning the phone when the wireless charging went out and thought it was the case. All local AT&T stores were sold out of the case, so I ordered a new one online. Then I read a thread online somewhere that detailed the same exact problem and their solution was to exchange the phone. Had I not exchanged the phone then and waited for my new case to arrive and not solve the problem, I would've been SOL.

But yeah, same experience as you. AT&T LG G3, official PMA wireless charging Quick Circle Folio Case, 2 different Duracell Powermats (1 single device mat and 1 two device mat). Wireless charging went out after 12 days of owning the device.

adsbar

Jul 27, 2006
same problem, different day.

My story is almost the exact same as the above. First failure was 5-6 days after receiving my wireless charging case from at&t online. After testing out my equipment, I went to the at&t store and tested my charging case with a new g3. The new one charged fine. Had to call customer svc, after some argument got a refurb. Wireless charging lasted one day.

I'm really worried that this is a pervasive problem. However, very few people have the charging case yet. If anyone has had the charging last more than 2 weeks, can they post it here?

Moderators, can you move this thread to the at&t section for ease of searching? It seems to only occur with the AT&T LG g3 with PMA charging

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
Maybe Att just likes to screw people over. PMA charging isn't something I want especially when qi is more reliable. Could it be the hardware in the phone failing because Att had to be special?

FallenShadows_JB

Jan 28, 2013

AT&T uses a different signal type for it's wireless charging. If you don't have the right type of power mat it won't work properly and might work only every now and then. As for your device being the problem, that is unlikely as the case itself is what allows you to charge wireless by adding the charging sensor

melissacbrown

Sep 30, 2014
i know it might sound silly but...

I know it may be a silly question but are you guys using the charger that came with the phone? Its just that if you aren't it may be because the charger hasn't got enough ampage. I have the lg wireless charger and i tried using an older usb charger and noticed that it would charge a bit then stop. I tried it on the original lg charger and it worked a treat.

I decided to purchase a second lg charger just to use with the wireless charger and all is good.

savejoseph

Apr 2, 2010
Same problem x2

I experienced the same problem. While troubleshooting I found the case and charger worked fine on my wife's phone. Tried switching batteries with no change. AT&T replaced my Phone and it worked again for a week. Now wireless doesn't charge and even the USB and cable that had been working in the past don't work.

Very frustrating

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone