• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] AT&T Skyrocket ROMS

Search This thread

bigas

Mar 5, 2011
FIRST: I don’t have this phone already (yeah, I’ve written it in the past) but I’m in love with it and planning to buy one next month.

Well, I know ICS is already on our way BUT, during this week, we had a major breakthrough with Exhilarate ICS ROM. Looking for other phones with same config (well, chipset, at least) I found AT&T Skyrocket:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4303&idPhone2=4420

Does it helps knowing this? I mean, wouldn’t it be easier to port Skyrocket ROMS to GSB4G? If I had one I’d probably be flashing its ROMS already! :D

jparnell8839

Jul 18, 2012
Tunnel Hill, GA
FIRST: I don’t have this phone already (yeah, I’ve written it in the past) but I’m in love with it and planning to buy one next month.

Well, I know ICS is already on our way BUT, during this week, we had a major breakthrough with Exhilarate ICS ROM. Looking for other phones with same config (well, chipset, at least) I found AT&T Skyrocket:

Does it helps knowing this? I mean, wouldn’t it be easier to port Skyrocket ROMS to GSB4G? If I had one I’d probably be flashing its ROMS already! :D

probably, the biggest issue is the kernal. and with the blaze getting official ICS tomorrow, i seriously doubt any dev is going to delve into ripping apart the skyrocket's to make it compatible (especially since we hack-n-slashed into Exhilarates stock ICS image over the weekend).

when the ICS rom is released (and source probably about a month later) we'll be open to every single port with relativistic ease. No sense in tearing apart another kernal

-------------EDIT-------------

Just tried to flash stock ICS and CM9 from one of my coworkers, he has a skyrocket. all you get is a bootloop. so, not as compatible as Exhilarate regardless. Since I just got rid of the exhilarate ICS ROM and we're getting our own tomorrow regardless, might take this opportunity to go back to stock and get ready for Kies :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastmode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

probably, the biggest issue is the kernal. and with the blaze getting official ICS tomorrow, i seriously doubt any dev is going to delve into ripping apart the skyrocket's to make it compatible (especially since we hack-n-slashed into Exhilarates stock ICS image over the weekend).

when the ICS rom is released (and source probably about a month later) we'll be open to every single port with relativistic ease. No sense in tearing apart another kernal

-------------EDIT-------------

Just tried to flash stock ICS and CM9 from one of my coworkers, he has a skyrocket. all you get is a bootloop. so, not as compatible as Exhilarate regardless. Since I just got rid of the exhilarate ICS ROM and we're getting our own tomorrow regardless, might take this opportunity to go back to stock and get ready for Kies :p