• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Atrix Not Powering Up

Search This thread
Feb 24, 2011
I let my battery die off this morning til I got home. I plugged it into the wall and tried to boot up. I got the green light to flash but then nothing. I pulled the battery out and even left it charging for a few hours. Still, the phone does not power up. The green light turns on for a bit and then off. I haven't done any mods to the phone...

Any idea what is going on? Or perhaps how I can fix this? Any help would be great.

Feb 24, 2011
Weird. I had it plugged in my Energizer Ps3 controller stand (it has two usb outputs) which was giving me the issue before. I finally plugged it in to the wall and it boot up fine. I guess the PS3 stand may be faulty...

neer2005

Feb 20, 2011
New Jersey
I let my battery die off this morning til I got home. I plugged it into the wall and tried to boot up. I got the green light to flash but then nothing. I pulled the battery out and even left it charging for a few hours. Still, the phone does not power up. The green light turns on for a bit and then off. I haven't done any mods to the phone...

Any idea what is going on? Or perhaps how I can fix this? Any help would be great.

Use the charger that came with your phone.

azwildfire

Jul 31, 2010
Phoenix
If you do a google search, you will see that the droid x and droid 2 also have this same issue.

next time it happens, pull the batter and SD card. wait a minute or two, put in the sdcard and battery, then plug in the WALL charger. It will power on the phone and boot it up.

has happend to me twice - so now i just never turn off my phone :p rebooting it is also touch n go to be honest... the phone is sooo sensitive! :p

Reactions: busydoinnothin

hotleadsingerguy

Jan 12, 2010
The phone's not sensitive...it requires an 800mA charger (0.8A). If you connect it to something less it doesn't have enough power to charge the device. If you let it sit long enough it *WILL* charge it...but it'll probably take a day to have enough juice to start up. If you let the battery drain completely it usually won't turn on until there's like 15% or more battery charged. Charging 15% battery on a 400mA charger (which could very well be the level your PS3 charging stand outputs) would probably take like 7 hours.

Reactions: busydoinnothin

Lancered

Jan 30, 2011
I'm sorry for the bump, but this has happened to my mother's Atrix that I gave her just 2 days ago.

She found it turned off, wouldn't power. I figured it wasn't charged so I'm trying to charge it on the wall adapter that it came with but no green light. I've put it on my laptop and the green light appears.

It's not turning on though...can someone reassure me that if the light turns on, it WILL power eventually?

SERCASER1

Aug 19, 2012
Same problem here

I'm sorry for the bump, but this has happened to my mother's Atrix that I gave her just 2 days ago.

She found it turned off, wouldn't power. I figured it wasn't charged so I'm trying to charge it on the wall adapter that it came with but no green light. I've put it on my laptop and the green light appears.

It's not turning on though...can someone reassure me that if the light turns on, it WILL power eventually?

hello man, i have the same problem you have, did you find out something useful???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you do a google search, you will see that the droid x and droid 2 also have this same issue.

next time it happens, pull the batter and SD card. wait a minute or two, put in the sdcard and battery, then plug in the WALL charger. It will power on the phone and boot it up.

has happend to me twice - so now i just never turn off my phone :p rebooting it is also touch n go to be honest... the phone is sooo sensitive! :p
    The phone's not sensitive...it requires an 800mA charger (0.8A). If you connect it to something less it doesn't have enough power to charge the device. If you let it sit long enough it *WILL* charge it...but it'll probably take a day to have enough juice to start up. If you let the battery drain completely it usually won't turn on until there's like 15% or more battery charged. Charging 15% battery on a 400mA charger (which could very well be the level your PS3 charging stand outputs) would probably take like 7 hours.