[Q] audio_policy.conf changed in CM10?

Search This thread

vesati

Mar 30, 2006
www.vesati.com
Can anyone shed any light on why the audio_policy.conf file is so different in builds of CM10 for the Evo LTE of 11/11 and up?

Whatever changes were made have seriously compromised audio fidelity of A2DP audio over Bluetooth. It's so bad now that whole instruments are being left out of the audio stream, and there is some sort of screwed up dynamic compression being applied (badly) to the audio that IS making it to the Bluetooth device.

I checked the audio_policy.conf on my 11/10 nightly, and the same file on the 11/11 nightly, and the file on 11/11 and newer is missing

a2dp {
outputs {
a2dp {
sampling_rates 44100
channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_A2DP
}
}
}
}

The audio_policy.conf file in all the "official" nightlies and Deck's builds after 11/10 are all affected it seems.

I tried adding it back in (like a n00b), and obviously that didn't work.

I tried swapping out the entire conf file in newer builds with the conf file from the 11/10 build and resetting permissions, but still no joy.

Oddly, the latest CM10 nightly on my Xoom still has an audio_policy.conf file containing that a2dp section, so is it just the CM10 for Evo LTE that was changed?

waterbound

Jun 2, 2010
Maryland
I am running the most updated and no issues with any BT audio or connectivity as of yet. I wiped and loaded 11/11 without any issues for another unrelated problem with my keyboard. For me its been the opposite for BT audio and related, only since the beginning of November did everything start working correctly with BT. The obvious, Superwipe start fresh each time.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

vesati

Mar 30, 2006
www.vesati.com
I am running the most updated and no issues with any BT audio or connectivity as of yet. I wiped and loaded 11/11 without any issues for another unrelated problem with my keyboard. For me its been the opposite for BT audio and related, only since the beginning of November did everything start working correctly with BT. The obvious, Superwipe start fresh each time.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Did superwipe, no difference.

Issue was not so much connectivity, but the horrible audio quality of audio over A2DP in later builds.

See here for other users noting the same issue (as I said, it got buried and never addressed, so that's why I created a thread specific to the problem).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1851912&page=525