• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] auto booting when charging

Search This thread

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
hi guys just want to ask on ho to resolve my phone sl i9003..after my phone totaly drained or turned off and when i am plugging the charger to the phone it automatically boot up w/o even touching the power button key..is it hardware problem or problem because of flashing different ROMs and kernels?

cs098

Nov 6, 2012
Somewhere...
hi guys just want to ask on ho to resolve my phone sl i9003..after my phone totaly drained or turned off and when i am plugging the charger to the phone it automatically boot up w/o even touching the power button key..is it hardware problem or problem because of flashing different ROMs and kernels?

does it boot up completely so that, you can use it?

or does it simply show the boot logo.

if its the latter, it is a normal thing from flashing kernels and roms.

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
so it mins its the kernel problem? and by the way when i turned off my phone and pressing power button it doesn't turn on rather when removing the battery and place it again it automatically boo up..just like plugging the charger..is there any chance than i can repair it by myself for not booting automatically so that i can enter recovery and downlaod mode?

alcapwned

Apr 22, 2013
my phone also completely boots when usb is plugged in without hitting power button and its a stock 2.2.2 rom. maybe theres some way to hack it to stop it if it bothers that much? i guess it would charge faster if it stayed off tho

mizukage

Aug 25, 2011
Legazpi
my phone also completely boots when usb is plugged in without hitting power button and its a stock 2.2.2 rom. maybe theres some way to hack it to stop it if it bothers that much? i guess it would charge faster if it stayed off tho

i am thinking the same..coz when we bring it to service center they can bring back the download ang recovery mode and its a question for me on how they do it..hoping for someone to solve our problem..

cs098

Nov 6, 2012
Somewhere...
i am thinking the same..coz when we bring it to service center they can bring back the download and recovery mode and its a question for me on how they do it..hoping for someone to solve our problem..

Hmm, thats werid, its definietly a kernel problem, but I don't have your phone, ask in your kernel thread instead and see if you can change to another kernel. But it has nothing to do with the hardware and shouldn't be needed to bring your phone back to the service center.

Last edited: