• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Autosend SMS to 00918527121333

Search This thread

MrButcher

Jan 7, 2007
Hi folks,

my Galaxy sends SMS to India?!?
+918527121333

Have no idea which app!
Anyone heard of this before or has an idea how to trace this?

Greetings,,

Doky73

Apr 22, 2011
near to Budapest
sgy.noinfo.hu
It is a stock ROM

Model GT-S5360
Baseband: S5360XXLE1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 [email protected]#16
Buildnummer: GINGEBREAD.XXLE1

Did you applied your home CSC after flash, and/or wiped data/cache?

Well, I'm converting (nowadays by SplitFUS2) the Samsung files without any modification.
But! For wipe packs I'm including the userdata.img file, which was extracted from an old multi-files pack, named "S5360XXKI6_bysamsdroid.rar". This pack may be considered as insecure, and theoretically might have some hidden "inappropriate" things which I'm not aware , but if it's true then there were hundreds of complaints according to this SMS, I think...

Have You used some Indian custom ROMs in the past maybe?

MrButcher

Jan 7, 2007
Hi,

I flashed: S5360_XXLE1_OXXLE1_XXLE1_wipe_by_SplitFUS2
Using the included CSC.
No other ROMs tried yet.

Greetings.

Sorry for putting the question to the wrong thread.
But it is really not easy to find the correct section.

The-Captain

Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
May 18, 2011
That's why I stickied it, just trying to get everyone to know, no problem, just try and remember next time ;)

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk 2

I.AM.H3RO

Jun 1, 2012
Your phone has a Rootkit/Virus, firstly download AVG from Google Play and open it and scan. If any infections found remove them. Now if that doesn't stop it then flash your phone with Creeds Room v3.2 which you can find in the Galaxy Y Dev section. Hope this helps you.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA

I.AM.H3RO

Jun 1, 2012
Your phone has a Rootkit/Virus, firstly download AVG from Google Play and open it and scan. If any infections found remove them. Now if that doesn't stop it then flash your phone with Creeds Room v3.2 which you can find in the Galaxy Y Dev section. Hope this helps you.

GianniDPC

Mar 26, 2012

Yes I also think it's a virus

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu

you really believe in antivirus apps for android?
just try to look at permissions on the apps on your phone try to find ones that has
"Enable services that cost you money"
or find a permission finder app on google play

CarlDeanCatabay

Apr 17, 2012
Imus City
Have you checked your third party sms app? -if you do have a third party sms app, you should! Check for any auto-send or auto-reply sms.

Also . . .

There are ways to send sms with commands depending on carrier. Like in philippines there is this fcuking sms that you send to any number, once they open it, your phone will hang and makes your sms permanent -no way of deleting it and it's not curse of silence remote vulnerability.
-perhaps someone sent you an sms with a code. :confused:

SMS these days are more like a html page, where you can embed stuff.

I suggest you do full flash -unless you want to spend your free time investigating on what's happening to your phone.

-just saying, I may be wrong. Hahaha

noypi_ako

Apr 2, 2012
cagayan de oro
looks like its a malware from an app you downloaded from a black market (maybe) and installed on your phone. google reported that they too removed some apps from their own google play store because of these types of malwares. one example was another angrybird game which was not official ... i read it from a security site.

what i would suggest is for you to do a clean factory reset, then clean flash of any official stock rom. next time be careful on the apps you install on your phone.

you really believe in antivirus apps for android?
just try to look at permissions on the apps on your phone try to find ones that has
"Enable services that cost you money"
or find a permission finder app on google play

it wouldnt hurt using one, win viruses are different from linux malwares but they do exist on android (linux). android is a target for many hackers and "skids" because of its big userbase and it is opensource.

Porobu

Oct 3, 2011
The problem of the SMS comes from installing a custom ROM that is from India and the rom is based on an old stock rom, like Creeds, because +91 is from india

MrButcher

Jan 7, 2007
I tried Creeds Rom - same thing.
sending SMS again.
apps:
* no black market tools
* no autosending sms tools

Going back to stock rom.
Without installing any apps.
and check again.

is there a pssibility to trace sms?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's the Problem?
    Galaxy Y is autosending SMS to 00918527121333

When?
    Only One time at the time of First boot, after installing new ROM using Odin.

Which ROMs?
    Indian based CSC ROMs (DDLC2 and DDLE1 only). Also the Custom ROMs based on these 2 ROMs.

What's the SMS detail?
    91 is India. 8527 is Airtel, Delhi.

What's the loss?
    If you are in India, the SMS costs Rs.1.50. If you are outside India, it will be International SMS cost as per your telecom provider.

What's the Solution?
    When you install these ROMs, remove your sim card and install.

What's the permanent solution?
    If our developers look into the init file and delete the lines sending this SMS.

Is it a Virus or Malware?
    No. It could be something related to Anti-Mobile-theft-Software inbuilt in the ROM.
    it sends sms only once just after flashing those ROMs and booting for the first time.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app