[Q] backup and restore.apk!

Search This thread

Farzin-PC

Jul 20, 2012
Bandar-e-Anzali
about.me
hi guys

i want have backup and restore.apk on another ROMs!!!
i extracted it from system/app/backup and restore.apk from orginal rom
then i copied it ro system/app of another rom like Semc Debrand Engine and set primisons :
R W -
R - -
R - -

and then reboot
but its not working!!!! :(

so what in wrong here?

sorry if i'm posting spam!

penthaler

Jun 17, 2012
Sorry, no way. There is no possibility to run this app on higher android - as I wrote before. It is not supported.
YOU CAN EXTRACT IT, maybe installation could work too, but you cant run it and restore your old backup...

Maybe when you use some Costum ROM based on official ROM with android 2.1

EDIT: Official infos from SE -> Not supported on 2.3+

Reactions: Farzin-PC

takmayo

Mar 26, 2012
Mumbai
Sorry, no way. There is no possibility to run this app on higher android - as I wrote before. It is not supported.
YOU CAN EXTRACT IT, maybe installation could work too, but you cant run it and restore your old backup...

I could be wrong since i have X10 (Not mini).. but Backup & restore works on X10S v9.0 Rom (2.3.4) ...

Emperor.dk

Jul 27, 2011
Copenhagen
www.Emperor.dk
Backup and restore of userdata

I agree in the need for a newbie-friendly backup/restore of userdata.

The official SEMC-apk sadly won't work.

This could be a newbie-friendly simple solution:

Gangsti.jpg
skoleskilt.jpg

Root and backup

Download and install SuperOneClick http://shortfuse.org/

Connect the X10MP to the PC with the USB cable. Celect Charge phone.

07-Root.png

Start SuperOneClick and click on Root. Follow instructions. If asked about your Android version is above 2.x, click Yes. Also click Yes to install Busybox.

SuperOneClick.jpg

When finished, turn off the X10MP, and then turn it on again.

Tap Market and search for "My Backup", select My Backup Root and install the app.

18-Mybackup.png
19-Mybackup.png
20-Mybackup.png

Start the app and allow the superuser request, and agree to some license etc.

21-Mybackup.png
22-Mybackup.png
23-Mybackup.png

Tap BACKUP > Data > Local.

24-Mybackup.png
25-Mybackup.png
26-Mybackup.png

Check the data you want to backup and tap OK. Remember the contactlist if you are an off-line person that do not sync to a Google account (now is the time to reconsider to sync it to Google).

27-Mybackup.png
28-Mybackup.png
29-Mybackup.png

Give the backup a name and tap OK, sit back and wait.

30-Mybackup.png
31-Mybackup.png
32-Mybackup.png

Did you use the Notes app, and do wish to keep those notes?

Start Market and search for GTasks and install the app.

33-GTasks.png

When installed, start Notes app. Tap on a note you wish to keep. Longtap on the note (put your finger on the screen and hold it), select Copy all in the popup menu.

35-Notes.png
36-Notes.png
37-Notes.png
38-Notes.png

Exit Notes and start GTasks. Tap on the plus to add a new task. Longtap in the text field and select Paste in the popup menu, and then tap on Done.

34-GTasks.png
39-GTasks.png
40-GTasks.png
41-GTasks.png

Exit GTasks and repeat for all your notes. When finished, tap Syncronize in GTasks.

42-GTasks.png

All your kopied notes are now available in Google Tasks, and are accessible from any app that accesses the Google Tasks.

If you are an offline-person who don't want to sync online, I can recoment Just Notepad for Android to save all your Notes as simple txt-files. Just follow the copy-paste-instruction from above. Tap the small SD-card icon to save each note as a normal txt-file on the SD-card.

43-JustNotepad.png
44-JustNotepad.png
45-JustNotepad.png
46-JustNotepad.png

Here you install your new custom ROM

Restore data

If you have your contacts synced to a Google account, tap Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Google > Next > Sign in. Wait for your account to sync the contactlist and calandar.

74-Sync.png
75-Sync.png
76-Sync.png
77-Sync.png
78-Sync.png

If you are an off-line person, and backed up your contacts etc. using My Backup Root or backed up call log, SMS and MMS, tap Market (and log into your Google acount) and search for "My Backup", select My Backup Root and install the app.

79-MyBackup.png

Start the app and allow the superuser request, and agree to some license etc. Tap RESTORE > Data > Local.

80-MyBackup.png
81-MyBackup.png
82-MyBackup.png
83-MyBackup.png

Select the data file, and check the data to restore. Sit back and wait.

84-MyBackup.png
85-MyBackup.png
88-MyBackup.png

!!! Do not restore contacts if you also restored from your Google Account !!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup and restore of userdata

I agree in the need for a newbie-friendly backup/restore of userdata.

The official SEMC-apk sadly won't work.

This could be a newbie-friendly simple solution:

Gangsti.jpg
    skoleskilt.jpg

Root and backup

Download and install SuperOneClick http://shortfuse.org/

Connect the X10MP to the PC with the USB cable. Celect Charge phone.

07-Root.png

Start SuperOneClick and click on Root. Follow instructions. If asked about your Android version is above 2.x, click Yes. Also click Yes to install Busybox.

SuperOneClick.jpg

When finished, turn off the X10MP, and then turn it on again.

Tap Market and search for "My Backup", select My Backup Root and install the app.

18-Mybackup.png
    19-Mybackup.png
    20-Mybackup.png

Start the app and allow the superuser request, and agree to some license etc.

21-Mybackup.png
    22-Mybackup.png
    23-Mybackup.png

Tap BACKUP > Data > Local.

24-Mybackup.png
    25-Mybackup.png
    26-Mybackup.png

Check the data you want to backup and tap OK. Remember the contactlist if you are an off-line person that do not sync to a Google account (now is the time to reconsider to sync it to Google).

27-Mybackup.png
    28-Mybackup.png
    29-Mybackup.png

Give the backup a name and tap OK, sit back and wait.

30-Mybackup.png
    31-Mybackup.png
    32-Mybackup.png

Did you use the Notes app, and do wish to keep those notes?

Start Market and search for GTasks and install the app.

33-GTasks.png

When installed, start Notes app. Tap on a note you wish to keep. Longtap on the note (put your finger on the screen and hold it), select Copy all in the popup menu.

35-Notes.png
    36-Notes.png
    37-Notes.png
    38-Notes.png

Exit Notes and start GTasks. Tap on the plus to add a new task. Longtap in the text field and select Paste in the popup menu, and then tap on Done.

34-GTasks.png
    39-GTasks.png
    40-GTasks.png
    41-GTasks.png

Exit GTasks and repeat for all your notes. When finished, tap Syncronize in GTasks.

42-GTasks.png

All your kopied notes are now available in Google Tasks, and are accessible from any app that accesses the Google Tasks.

If you are an offline-person who don't want to sync online, I can recoment Just Notepad for Android to save all your Notes as simple txt-files. Just follow the copy-paste-instruction from above. Tap the small SD-card icon to save each note as a normal txt-file on the SD-card.

43-JustNotepad.png
    44-JustNotepad.png
    45-JustNotepad.png
    46-JustNotepad.png

Here you install your new custom ROM

Restore data

If you have your contacts synced to a Google account, tap Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Google > Next > Sign in. Wait for your account to sync the contactlist and calandar.

74-Sync.png
    75-Sync.png
    76-Sync.png
    77-Sync.png
    78-Sync.png

If you are an off-line person, and backed up your contacts etc. using My Backup Root or backed up call log, SMS and MMS, tap Market (and log into your Google acount) and search for "My Backup", select My Backup Root and install the app.

79-MyBackup.png

Start the app and allow the superuser request, and agree to some license etc. Tap RESTORE > Data > Local.

80-MyBackup.png
    81-MyBackup.png
    82-MyBackup.png
    83-MyBackup.png

Select the data file, and check the data to restore. Sit back and wait.

84-MyBackup.png
    85-MyBackup.png
    88-MyBackup.png

Backup and restore.apk works only on 2.1 (and less) androids. If you want to use it on higher android, it wont work.