[Q] battery died while flashing rom

Search This thread

perfect_mind

Nov 20, 2010
Hi guys,

was flashing the dell streak 5 when the battery died on me all of a sudden. (Yeah, my bad)

Is there anyway to restore it? The battery now won't charge

Thanks for you help!

cdzo72

Hi guys,

was flashing the dell streak 5 when the battery died on me all of a sudden. (Yeah, my bad)

Is there anyway to restore it? The battery now won't charge

Thanks for you help!

You should at least be able to remove the battery and put it back in and then charge.... if it still won't charge then there's something you're not telling us

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

cdzo72

Nope. It still won't charge.. The last thing I was doing before it batt died was flashing rom.

Can I ask you two things? Why flash ROM without being connected to power or why flash knowing your battery is low?

If you are bricked which is more than likely the case then you have to use QDL tool

perfect_mind

Nov 20, 2010
I was expecting it to finish before the battery died..

For weird reason, the charger was having issue.

Could you guide me on the tool to restore it?

cdzo72

I was expecting it to finish before the battery died..

For weird reason, the charger was having issue.

Could you guide me on the tool to restore it?

Learn to use the Search soon because you are apparently the type that really doesn't put much research into what you do so search QDL tool... but if your Streak is NOT recognized after you install the new drivers then you pretty much have a paperweight because of carelessness

Edrill

Nov 16, 2010
How'd you manage to get into recovery with a low battery anyway?! Streakmod usually throws up a low battery message if I try to get into recovery when the battery is below 10 or 15%. What recovery were you using?

You can grab the QDL Tool here.
http://www.rdtk.net/2011/07/16/modding-your-streak-where-to-start/

Of course, like Strephon Alkhalikoi said, if the phone is completely bricked and not getting detected by Windows, then even the QDL tool won't be of much help to you.

JDDurrant

Jul 4, 2012
jackdurrant.com
What I would try...

Hi guys,

I am quite new to flashing ROMs on Android smartphones and I don't own a Dell Streak. I have never had this problem on my Desire S as I have always flashed custom ROMs with a charged battery. I apologise if this post isn't helpful and I'm guessing someone has already thought of that. However, in that case, I would expect a more widely known explanation of why it wouldn't work.

Anyway, wouldn't it be possible for you to swap the dead battery in your smartphone with a charged battery? Either borrow your friend's phone or beg your local phone shop to charge your battery for you... I know, it sounds dumb... but would it work?

deysmacro

Jan 6, 2012
Hi guys,

I am quite new to flashing ROMs on Android smartphones and I don't own a Dell Streak. I have never had this problem on my Desire S as I have always flashed custom ROMs with a charged battery. I apologise if this post isn't helpful and I'm guessing someone has already thought of that. However, in that case, I would expect a more widely known explanation of why it wouldn't work.

Anyway, wouldn't it be possible for you to swap the dead battery in your smartphone with a charged battery? Either borrow your friend's phone or beg your local phone shop to charge your battery for you... I know, it sounds dumb... but would it work?

i am sorry to say this but the last post was 22nd May 2012, 12:12 AM.... :eek:

abauer

Dec 5, 2011
it is impossible to brick this device, if you were trying to install a custom Rom , your steak is just fine, don't panic, the same happened to me before, use old qdl, to revive your streak, if you were trying to update from a pkg, your streak is just ok, first watch the physical connections, then continue with reviving the device, remember, streak is virtually impossible to be bricked, unless you boil it in salty water.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk