[Q] Battery went to 0% now stuck on firmware update screen LG G3 (D855)

Search This thread

Madi4

Oct 25, 2014
Hi!
I would need some help with my LG G3.
Last night my phone went to 0% battery because I didn't put it onto the charger. Before it was working fine, I didn't make any modifications to it.
This morning I plugged it into the charger (so not into a computer), and it shows a screen: " Firmware update. Do not unplug the USB connection until the process is complete*. 0% (it hasn't moved since). There is also a box on the bottom saying: 910K B1. It is a European 16GB model.
It doesn't respond when I press the on/off button. Should I try removing the battery?
I haven't touched it since I put it onto the charger because I don't want to damage it or something, so I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 4783640

My guess would be that there was some kind of flashing program running on your computer. The program rebooted your phone into download mode and is now trying to flash a file onto your G3. If you unplugged your phone fast enough you could just try rebooting, otherwise there is a possibility the program already prepared to flash the file onto your phone and now you have a 910K B1 (??) firmware on your phone.

If your phone isn't booting anymore I suggest flashing the right kdz/tot file on your phone. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

acparker18

Aug 2, 2014
Hi!
Last night my phone went to 0% battery because I didn't put it onto the charger. Before it was working fine, I didn't make any modifications to it.
This morning I plugged it into the charger (so not into a computer), and it shows a screen: " Firmware update. Do not unplug the USB connection until the process is complete*. 0% (it hasn't moved since). There is also a box on the bottom saying: 910K B1. It is a European 16GB model.
It doesn't respond when I press the on/off button. Should I try removing the battery?
I haven't touched it since I put it onto the charger because I don't want to damage it or something, so I would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks.

The only way out of download mode seems to be pulling the battery, so that should be okay. It sounds like you just accidentally held Volume Up when you plugged it up and tricked it into download mode so hopefully a battery pull will reset it. Let me know if the issue persists after a battery pull. If that's the case, it may need to be restored to stock.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

My guess would be that there was some kind of flashing program running on your computer. The program rebooted your phone into download mode and is now trying to flash a file onto your G3. If you unplugged your phone fast enough you could just try rebooting, otherwise there is a possibility the program already prepared to flash the file onto your phone and now you have a 910K B1 (??) firmware on your phone.

If your phone isn't booting anymore I suggest flashing the right kdz/tot file on your phone. Good luck.

He said in the OP that he plugged it into a charger not a computer so that can't be the case.

Reactions: Madi4
D

Deleted member 4783640

The only way out of download mode seems to be pulling the battery, so that should be okay. It sounds like you just accidentally held Volume Up when you plugged it up and tricked it into download mode so hopefully a battery pull will reset it. Let me know if the issue persists after a battery pull. If that's the case, it may need to be restored to stock.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

He said in the OP that he plugged it into a charger not a computer so that can't be the case.

Oh darn yeah, I read "into a computer". Disregard my message indeed.

OP also states that the bottom reads "bottom saying: 910K B1". I don't have my phone on me right now, but doesn't Download Mode state nothing at the bottom? Only when you use a flashing tool? I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Madi4

Madi4

Oct 25, 2014
Thank you, pulling the battery helped, at first it didn't recognise the sd but taking it out and putting it back helped.
It seems to work fine now. And by the way sorry, I just had a pretty rough night out and was a bit scared of what could have happened to my phone
If anything unusual happens I'll keep you updated but really thank you :D

Madi4

Oct 25, 2014
Ok so, everything works fine except when I plug it into my computer it doesn't recognise the phone anymore, it just says unknown device.
I tried installing the driver and LG PC Suite, neither of them helped.
The usual options on the phone doesn't appear (media share, charging only), it is simply just charging.

Last edited:

bobloblaw9

Sep 20, 2015
Hey so I have had the exact same problem as listed above except when I pull my battery out and tried leaving it out for a minute or two then putting it back and it's just bringing me back to being stuck on the firmware screen. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Txcooldays

Apr 27, 2016
firmware update... do not unplug.. i did not unplug for 5 hrs and still at 0% on downloading.
this is a small lg phone w no way i can tell how to pull battery

Vidius99

May 25, 2016
Another Resolution...

Hi, I have decided to add another resolution you can do if none of the above resolutions work (like they didn't for me).

Some other sites suggest you should factory reset your phone, however I do not suggest this unless nothing else works.

What worked for me was just holding down the power and volume down button and quickly pressing it again when the LG Logo pops up, and instead of saying yes to factory reset, just put no and the phone should then boot up as usual without the firmware update.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: i4c

KarnageNuraku

May 29, 2016
My LG GadF8.0 does the same thing...but sadly It has a non-removable battery. So what do I do then?

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Hi!

Thanks.
Try unplugging your phone then turning on.

slight.

Apr 19, 2017
did we figure the normality of the 901K B1 -- asking because of the "901K B7" on my phone (after a few previously sketchy occurrences & me having it on charger not having held volume up). Thanks.

Death_squad_1

Jun 9, 2019
Solution

Press the volume up and down button same time 3 times and it brings you to this screen and you have to press the power up and down than hold the power button for 1 or 2 seconds and release but go over to power off hold it than it says you sure hold power button on yes once off power back on

LeonardoCav

Dec 25, 2020
Hi I have a similar problem, despite being in the same loading mode, mine is like this after I put it on the pc What should I do to fix this?

LeonardoCav

Dec 25, 2020
Another Resolution...

Hi, I have decided to add another resolution you can do if none of the above resolutions work (like they didn't for me).

Some other sites suggest you should factory reset your phone, however I do not suggest this unless nothing else works.

What worked for me was just holding down the power and volume down button and quickly pressing it again when the LG Logo pops up, and instead of saying yes to factory reset, just put no and the phone should then boot up as usual without the firmware update.

thank you very much, you saved my phone

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

i4c

Jul 22, 2021
Another Resolution...

this worked. on my lg q6+ the screen appeared on plugging into a pc on linux. this helped somewhat, as the power button itself was not responsive, but the power and vol down button combo restarted the phone promptly. i didnt take any further action, and the phone rebooted normally. thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

Thanks.

D
    Deleted member 4783640

Oh darn yeah, I read "into a computer". Disregard my message indeed.

OP also states that the bottom reads "bottom saying: 910K B1". I don't have my phone on me right now, but doesn't Download Mode state nothing at the bottom? Only when you use a flashing tool? I could be wrong though.
    Hold down the volume up button when turning on for a few seconds, worked for me :)
    Another Resolution...