[Q] Beats by Dre not fully functional on my nexus 5??

Search This thread

BruKnowsBest

May 6, 2013
The Future
I have a Beats by Dre Headphone and a Nexus 5, Is there a way of making it so the ContolTalk works on my phone ?

as of right now I know it was only fully functional on iOS but not on Android (only mic and call button works on it)

I will love you forever (and kiss your forehead) ;) if you find me a solution, specially if I don't have to root it ( which I'll probably have too )

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
There's no solution because it's a hardware thing. The cable is not compatible fully with an Android device and no rooting will do anything about it any more than rooting would make the N5 work with an iPhone-designed radio.

hepbhoe

Sep 15, 2010
I have a Beats by Dre Headphone and a Nexus 5, Is there a way of making it so the ContolTalk works on my phone ?

as of right now I know it was only fully functional on iOS but not on Android (only mic and call button works on it)

I will love you forever (and kiss your forehead) ;) if you find me a solution, specially if I don't have to root it ( which I'll probably have too )

1st receipe: Go to the E-Bay. Try to find a "Samsung headset control cable". It's very rare thing so you could fail with it. Try aliexpress, dx or similar sites.

2nd receipe: Go to the E-Bay and get the pair of the cheapest Samsung headsets there. Find someone familiar with the soldering iron and tell him to use the headset as the donor to the original cable. Changes will occur for resistors and wiring – he'd changeover mic and ground contacts as describede below.

nexusae0_CTIA_OMTP_Pinout_thumb.png

Reactions: BruKnowsBest

BruKnowsBest

May 6, 2013
The Future
1st receipe: Go to the E-Bay. Try to find a "Samsung headset control cable". It's very rare thing so you could fail with it. Try aliexpress, dx or similar sites.

2nd receipe: Go to the E-Bay and get the pair of the cheapest Samsung headsets there. Find someone familiar with the soldering iron and tell him to use the headset as the donor to the original cable. Changes will occur for resistors and wiring – he'd changeover mic and ground contacts as describede below.

I just wanted my beats to work with it, thanks but I don't want a new one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.