• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q]Bell Mobility offering LG Optimus LTE vs actually handing out LG Nitro HD units??

Search This thread

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
Just wanted to let everyone know that Bell is stating their LG Optimus LTE is actually the LG P930 Nitro HD (as per the box and the internal OS). Seems to be a bit of confusion on the 'Net. Anyone able to figure this out? Comparison??? Bell vs. AT&T

Last edited:

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
Confusion?

The Optimus LTE is heavier, lacks the extra 2 GB ram, adds the 1700MHz spectrum so it is compatible with WIND, comes with only an 8GB TF SDHC card, no fm radio. some are big differences i would think?

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
specs?

If you look, the P930 has different specs than the LTE specs listed all over the 'Net. hence why i started this [Q] to clear up the 2 models conflicting with what Bell is sending out to customers vs. AT&T's Nitro HD P930.

My original [Q] is still unanswered: Bell is handing out the Optimus LTE 4G with boxes and firmware showing it is a P930, yet the specs for the P930 are different from what they are handing out. Which is the right P930??? Bell's or AT&T's?

There ARE differences. see my previous post for them.

PearsonDKA

Mar 15, 2011
Toronto
Going off topic/the record, I have had the worse luck when it comes to phone this year.

-Atrix sorta burst into a tiny flame while charging
- 1st BB drowned, 2nd had faulty keys and the 3rd one permanently froze
- Whatever bugs/defects that were reported with the Sensation, happened to me
- The Torch and Bold basically died and wouldnt charge or turn on.
Thankfully, I have the PEP plan from Best Buy <3. Technically saved me over $3000 haha

aimhelix

Mar 5, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know that Bell is stating their LG Optimus LTE is actually the LG P930 Nitro HD (as per the box and the internal OS). Seems to be a bit of confusion on the 'Net. Anyone able to figure this out? Comparison??? Bell vs. AT&T

Wow, that's interesting. I knew they had differences in software but I didn't think they had some differences in hardware too, considering that they call the Optimus LTE a Nitro HD. Does my Nitro HD have a radio/FM antenna? How does one go about using it?

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
The Optimus LTE is heavier, lacks the extra 2 GB ram, adds the 1700MHz spectrum so it is compatible with WIND, comes with only an 8GB TF SDHC card, no fm radio. some are big differences i would think?

Optimus LTE and LG Nitro is the same phone! both phone listed as P930 on lg.com !
optimus lacks the extra 2gb ram? on my nitro, it listed Internal storage available space 1.53GB. i not even sure nitro has 4gb to begin with.
so nitro has fm radio? the nitro never comes with headset (att is getting cheap! haha) and there is no FM app preinstalled on Nitro!

MerlF

Feb 12, 2004
White Rock
Bell vs AT&T

Check out GSMArena. They have both phones listed and they are different. One is manufactured for Bell Canada and one is manufactured for AT&T. "They are different". The AT&T model has a radio with RDS the Bell one has no radio.. The AT&T model has only the one "LTE 700" frequency. the Bell has 700 and 1700. AT&T has 4 gig but Bell only 2 gig. Bell Canada LTE is rated at 75 Mbps, AT&T 21 max. There may be other differences. Check the site for yourself and see.
I am still debating which new phone to purchase and leaning to the LG. My current phone does not have the worlds greatest battery life so not getting a full day out of the LT is not a major concern. And talking for three hours,I don't think so.

Last edited:

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
Check out GSMArena. They have both phones listed and they are different. One is manufactured for Bell Canada and one is manufactured for AT&T. "They are different". The AT&T model has a radio with RDS the Bell one has no radio.. The AT&T model has only the one "LTE 700" frequency. the Bell has 700 and 1700. AT&T has 4 gig but Bell only 2 gig. Bell Canada LTE is rated at 75 Mbps, AT&T 21 max.

you know how to check out gsmarena but not att.com, lg.com or get the Nitro user manual from lg.com?? radio is never mentioned on nitro!
just cus it' on gsmarena, it must be accurate?
att version maxed out at 21mb? is there such a thing as LTE maxed out 21mb? haha
21mb is hspa+
I just did a speedtests on nitro and get 27mb!

dalamchops

Sep 9, 2010
not exactly reliable sources...

If your phone doesn't say "AT&T" above the screen, then you're getting the Optimus LTE. Only AT&T has the Nitro HD (name wise), and unless they're gonna bother switching out the glass/digitizer, you didn't get the nitro hd.

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
New Thread for Optimus LTE??

So based on each carriers website, and the manufacturer admitting they are different models, would it be out of line to start a separate thread for the LTE P930 vs. the Nitro P930 and set the naming convention to differentiate between the two models and XDA support?

Can a Mod give their input on this please??? I am just trying to clarify this before this thread gets bloated with unnecessary posts that will eventually lead to confusion and eventually blurs the line between the two models and set up some sort of clarity for future posts and support...

dalamchops

Sep 9, 2010
So based on each carriers website, and the manufacturer admitting they are different models, would it be out of line to start a separate thread for the LTE P930 vs. the Nitro P930 and set the naming convention to differentiate between the two models and XDA support?

Can a Mod give their input on this please??? I am just trying to clarify this before this thread gets bloated with unnecessary posts that will eventually lead to confusion and eventually blurs the line between the two models and set up some sort of clarity for future posts and support...

dude, it doesn't even matter. The Nexus S had i9023, i9020t, and i9020A and they coexist fine. The difference in radio(freq) just means you can't put out roms that changes the baseband.

repherb

Aug 7, 2008
Milky Way
don't you mean the fact the Optimus LTE has only 2GB of internal memory vs. 4GB of internal memory on the Nitro is also a large difference as well as the lack of the dual LTE frequencies vs the Nitro? or do we need to go further into the other hardware differences (ie: screens etc?)