[Q] Best HBOOT for Sense ROMS?

Search This thread

TaterNutZ9

Aug 19, 2011
I have been running ViperROM Nightlies for a little bit but now I'm on MeanROM v2.6 ICS. Yes I am somewhat a newbert, for instance I have no clue what ENG HBOOT is. Someone care to shede some light.

Right now I'm on JuopunutBear's HBOOT 1.5050 (I believe that's what it is)

Any help would be much appreciated!

TIA!!!!!!!!!

-Tater out.....

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
I have been running ViperROM Nightlies for a little bit but now I'm on MeanROM v2.6 ICS. Yes I am somewhat a newbert, for instance I have no clue what ENG HBOOT is. Someone care to shede some light.

TIA!!!!!!!!!

-Tater out.....

Engineering hboot 1.04 is just an hboot that will accept more fastboot commands than the others will accept. It does not have a locked/unlocked banner and it was probably the first hboot for this device. If you want to give it a spin, here it is. Just rename this file to PG86IMG.zip and flash through the bootloader.

http://db.tt/zUkb3upO

For cdma

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro
As for the best one for sense ROMs, that depends. If you want to run GB and VM leak ICS ones, then hboot 1.4 or 1.5 our the eng hboot is fine. If you want to run an ICS ROM based on the new ota with the new kernel, you need hboot 1.58.

Save the Drama for your Mama with Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TaterNutZ9

Aug 19, 2011
As for the best one for sense ROMs, that depends. If you want to run GB and VM leak ICS ones, then hboot 1.4 or 1.5 our the eng hboot is fine. If you want to run an ICS ROM based on the new ota with the new kernel, you need hboot 1.58.

Save the Drama for your Mama with Tapatalk 2

I was on freezas thread in the cdma dev section. I just did the wire trick to get S-OFF today and I would be super pissed if i messed it up. But if I upgrade to 1.58, would I still be S-OFF?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TIA!!!!!!!!!

-Tater out.....

Engineering hboot 1.04 is just an hboot that will accept more fastboot commands than the others will accept. It does not have a locked/unlocked banner and it was probably the first hboot for this device. If you want to give it a spin, here it is. Just rename this file to PG86IMG.zip and flash through the bootloader.

http://db.tt/zUkb3upO

For cdma
    Yes. You keep s off. You can downgrade the hboot later if you wish