• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Q Beta3 Google Fi

Search This thread

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Just flashed Beta3 this morning which of course wipes system. Went smooth per instructions provided on Essential Developer page. I restored all apps and data from my LG V35 via phone to phone restore no problem. I've had no problems with connecting to Google Fi so far but it's only been a short time. Data seems to be fine and the phone is very smooth.

Also was able to logon to both my BOA and Chase accounts using their respective apps. Just turn on dark mode minutes ago so don't know how that will go.

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Can u check if voLTE is working ??

I don't have an SIP account and that seems to be the only option under the app Phone>three dots>settings>calls

The answer seems to be "not in beta 3".

BTW, I'm using it as a daily driver and I'm very pleased for a Beta. Again, so far!

I use Dark mode on all my computer/browsers and now with Dark mode in Android Q, this is awesome. I can't help but believe it should really help battery life. Bluetooth is working fine with all my devices..... AVR, auto and headsets. connecting in Aptx. I'm a big audio fan.

It's just amazing that this two year old phone is being brought back to life with Q!

Bofahad

Nov 14, 2013
I don't have an SIP account and that seems to be the only option under the app Phone>three dots>settings>calls

BTW, I'm using it as a daily driver and I'm very pleased for a Beta. Again, so far!

I use Dark mode on all my computer/browsers and now with Dark mode in Android Q, this is awesome. I can't help but believe it should really help battery life. Bluetooth is working fine with all my devices..... AVR, auto and headsets. connecting in Aptx. I'm a big audio fan.

It's just amazing that this two year old phone is being brought back to life with Q!
Thx

alnova1

Oct 16, 2009
Just flashed Beta3 this morning which of course wipes system. Went smooth per instructions provided on Essential Developer page. I restored all apps and data from my LG V35 via phone to phone restore no problem. I've had no problems with connecting to Google Fi so far but it's only been a short time. Data seems to be fine and the phone is very smooth.

Also was able to logon to both my BOA and Chase accounts using their respective apps. Just turn on dark mode minutes ago so don't know how that will go.
I just joined Google Fi with my ph-1 knowing that it would not automatically switch from T-Mobile to sprint but I thought I could force it to switch with dialer codes or signal spy. After trying it and it failed to switch and doing some searching it seems like I’m just stuck with it on T-Mobile. Is this the case for you?

Bofahad

Nov 14, 2013
VoLTE is showing as on for me on AT&T under Settings / Network internet / Mobile network
I took the OTA and nothing was wiped .. I did loose root but no big deal to me
Showing for me too but it is not working!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190514-043235.png
    Screenshot_20190514-043235.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 278

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can u check if voLTE is working ??

have u had a chance to test the cam?

Only took a few pics but seems to be really good and very responsive!