• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Bluestacks read/write on system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Schrei

Feb 6, 2013
Hi all!
My first post (I hope I don't get decapitated).

So, true I am a noob. I have no experience with this stuff, so I started playing with Bluestacks. Very nice thing.
I wanted to root it and with a lot of time, patience and threads in the forum I have succeeded.

I installed a root explorer app, but I still don't have rw access to /system.I started playing with that adb thing. Tried and failed to change the permissions. I tried everything and anything I have been able to find on the forums.
Im starting to be worried if I really did root it? And app root checker says I have and when I write su in adb shell the little dollar sign turns into a hashtag (as I understand that is an indication that the thing is rooted).

I got lost a bit at "mount". Because references I have found all describe doing this with a real device, not with bluestacks. So when I do mount I don't get the same response I have found in some other threads, but this:

Code:
mount
rootfs / rootfs rw 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sys /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/sda1 /mnt ext3 ro,relatime,errors=continue,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs / tmpfs ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/loop0 /sfs squashfs ro,relatime 0 0
/dev/loop1 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /cache tmpfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/sdb1 /data ext4 rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:33 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/8:33 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

Is this something, someone would recognize?

In other places I have found people have devices with type yaffs2 shown and can change permissions of /system there. I don''t see that with my response from mount?

I have another more....sort of angry/helpless question: why is this so |blank| complicated? Why it is not possible to just take that root.fs and mount it like any other file image and work on it?
Why some long commands that work or not as they please? It is incredibly frustrating not to have access to a folder!? Its silly really.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JonnyTrulove

So over the course of 7 years(!!!) not one other member stumbled on this and wanted to know why he was trying to Root BlueStacks or if he ever was successful?? Because I've just gone through a whole range of feelings about this idea, from wtf is the point all the way to No it's actually kinda genius...

So OP, ever get anywhere??

Status
Not open for further replies.