• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Bluetooth keyboard switches input method

Search This thread

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Hi guys,

I got a very nice logitech k810 bluetooth keyboard, But every time i connect it to my phone it switches my input method to the samsung keyboard.
Even if i set swiftkey to default. It's quite irritating..

Does anybody know if i can disable this? Or maybe which service/package causes this then ill make an xposed mod myself to stop it.

Thanks!

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Hi guys,

I got a very nice logitech k810 bluetooth keyboard, But every time i connect it to my phone it switches my input method to the samsung keyboard.

Does anybody know if i can disable this? Or maybe which service/package causes this then ill make an xposed mod myself to stop it.

Thanks!

Download external keyboard helper from Google play and keep it as a default.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Scalee

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009

Thanks for your response. However i just finished writing a mod to solve this issue at the root of the problem.

PS: Would anybody be interested in me releasing this mod?
It will stop the switch to the samsung keyboard when either using a bluetooth or USB keyboard or an dock.

Last edited:

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Thanks for your response. However i just finished writing a mod to solve this issue at the root of the problem.

PS: Would anybody be interested in me releasing this mod?
It will stop the switch to the samsung keyboard when either using a bluetooth or USB keyboard or an dock.

I'd love to test it for you if you can post the apk.

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
Manipur,

First install the xposed framework i linked it in my previous post.
Then install my mod (It doesn't matter if you switch these two around).

You should get a popup that my module isn't active (If you don't get the popup open the xposed installer application and switch to the modules tab)
"Enable XposedFreeInput"

Then reboot, Now when you connect an external input device is shouldn't switch the input method.

Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• XposedFreeInput.apk
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,010

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Manipur,

You should get a popup that my module isn't active (If you don't get the popup open the xposed installer application and switch to the modules tab)
"Enable XposedFreeInput"

Then reboot, Now when you connect an external input device is shouldn't switch the input method.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi so sorry... Been busy a bit.
I wouldn't want to change my settings as of now. What I basically did was install an apk called keytest.
I already had external keyboard helper pro installed. I just remapped a few keys so that the keyboard doesn't change to samsung keyboard. On top of that I also added a keyboard map for the physical menu button so that I can launch it anytime I require.

Manipur

Mar 4, 2012
Manipur,

"Enable XposedFreeInput"

Let me know how it goes.

U know what... I was slightly not comfortable installing the Xposed framework, because I don't have cwm recovery installed. My note 2 is just rooted using CF-Auto root method. So I can't basically make a nandroid backup. I used this method so that I can get OTA updates now and then by disabling root.
But the pop up to change to Samsung default was pretty irritating. I've tried using tasker to create a profile, but I couldn't assign the parameters. I took the risk of a bootloop and took the plunge, installed Xposed framework and installed your Xposed free input...and it works great. Now I don' t have to change my input method everytime I connect my wireless keyboard. Thanks to you man.
Sorry for being a little chicken hearted.

Scalee

Aug 21, 2009
U know what... I was slightly not comfortable installing the Xposed framework, because I don't have cwm recovery installed. My note 2 is just rooted using CF-Auto root method. So I can't basically make a nandroid backup. I used this method so that I can get OTA updates now and then by disabling root.
But the pop up to change to Samsung default was pretty irritating. I've tried using tasker to create a profile, but I couldn't assign the parameters. I took the risk of a bootloop and took the plunge, installed Xposed framework and installed your Xposed free input...and it works great. Now I don' t have to change my input method everytime I connect my wireless keyboard. Thanks to you man.
Sorry for being a little chicken hearted.

Cool thing about xposed is that you don't need CWM, Just root.
However i do understand your discomfort, I rooted my phone 2 days after purchasing it. The thought that i might wreck a quite expensive phone within 2 days (while voiding my warrenty) wasn't a pleasurable one indeed.

Anyway glad the mod worked, Now at least i can say it has been officially tested ;)

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Essential Phone
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Just stumbles upon this thread while searching for a solution to this annoying problem with input method switching (I bought a BT keyboard yesterday). Scalee -- thanks a lot for the module! I already use Xposed for a lot of other stuff, so that was a no-brainer for me. Just another proof that you can find pretty much anything here on XDA. If it's not here, there's a good chance it doesn't exist... :)

gasrovescio

Jul 2, 2013
Cool thing about xposed is that you don't need CWM, Just root.
However i do understand your discomfort, I rooted my phone 2 days after purchasing it. The thought that i might wreck a quite expensive phone within 2 days (while voiding my warrenty) wasn't a pleasurable one indeed.

Anyway glad the mod worked, Now at least i can say it has been officially tested ;)

I apologize for my poor English, but I wanted to ask if its apk can work on my samsung N8000 tablet with CF-ROOT

adamf663

Sep 23, 2006
Manipur,

"Enable XposedFreeInput"

Let me know how it goes.

Tried it on a samsung s4 with android 4.3 (rooted).

I had to uninstall it as it was causing 75% of what I type to be lost unless I slowed down to no more than a character or two per second.

adamf663

Sep 23, 2006
Tried it on a samsung s4 with android 4.3 (rooted).

I had to uninstall it as it was causing 75% of what I type to be lost unless I slowed down to no more than a character or two per second.

Something got really hosed. Uninstalling XposedFreeInput and rebooting didn't restore the keyboard. I had to go back to a nandroid backup to fix keyboard input.

I don't really mind the samsung popup -- I just hit return on the keyboard twice to get past it. What really made me crazy was that samsung would reset the soft keyboard to their own instead of swiftkey. I ended up using tasker with security settings / system+ / input method to keep it set to swiftkey.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Manipur,

"Enable XposedFreeInput"

Let me know how it goes.
    Hi guys,

Thanks!